About Extending B1/B2 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Extending B1/B2 Visa

I have an urgent question about extending a Visitor VISA. My friends mother has a 10 year multiple entry VISA and currently in the US. Her 6 months is almost expired 1 months to go. She wants to extend the VISA, here are the options.

1. Apply for an extension (if you get rejected..Do they revoke your 10Yr multiple entry?, any negative remark on your record on your future visits?)
    2. Can she go Canada and return back and get a fresh 6 months ( possible? pros, cons?)
    3. Or can she return to India and immediately return (say 1 weeks)

Can someone please post therir experience or which of these is safe to do.

Or I should not do any of these? Can I do anything else that is better?

thank for your responses.

1. Yes, she should apply for extension.
    10 years multiple entry is void if extension is rejected.

2. No. Can't do that.

3. Yes, she can do that. But if she is coming back so soon, the officer at the port of entry may question. If someone is trying to spend most of their in US on visitors visa, they have right to deny the entry.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

You must apply for an extension before the I-94 expires but no more than 60 days prior. If the application is filed on time you will be permitted to stay until a decision is received (usually 2-4 months) even if the date on the I-94 expires, which it likley will.
      If its denied, you would normally be given ( in awritten decision) a period of 30 days to leave voluntarily. if you leave within the prescribed time, it does NOT void your visa. If you don't all the usual overstayrules apply.................6 mths but less than a year -3 yr bar etc.

2. there is no rule/law preventing her from leaving and reentering shortly after.......its a gamble, nothing else. However she would have to be inspected so driving over the border wont do. If she goes anywhere else the Immigrtaion officer might be suspicious and ask why is she coming back so soon and either refuse entry or give her a very short stay or he may believe her story and give her anothe r6 months. The shorter the stay outside the more scrutiny by the officer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X