B1 extension applied, but left USA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 extension applied, but left USA.

I had applied for my parents visa extension in March 2020, to be extended until Aug 2020. However, they were able to go back to India in June 2020. USCIS responded only now with request for biometrics screening. Since my parents are already in India, I am not sure what my next course of action should be.

Hi Sukrutha,

Any updates regarding the next course of action you took? I am on the same boat with my sister. She is already in India but have got a biometrics appointment just now. Not sure what to do. Any info on this is much appreciated.

Comment

I am in the same situation. Called USCIS and their representative suggested that no action needed from applicant side since he already travelled back. The case will be abandoned and we should keep receipt notice and Biometrics appointment letter handy while visiting US next time.

Comment

Same here. I spoke to uscis as well. They told me the same and we need to keep the receipt notice and biometrics handy. However for my peace of mind consulted with an attorney. Attorney suggested to send a withdrawal letter of the petition to the service center which is processing my sisters case and send the letter certified and keep it as a proof when she enters next time. In her case it was the California service center. He said there should be no problem for reentry as long as her i539 Extension was filed on time.

when she enters the next time I am making that sure she has the tickets/boarding pass, all the notices ,the withdrawal letter and I-539 application.

Hope this helps anyone in the same boat.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X