X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [B2 Visa]Stay in US till I94 validity past Visa stamp Expiry

Hello people,

Question regarding the B2 visitor stay in US
    Currently i am visiting US, arrived in Feb 2021 and plan to return back to India in July 2021. My B2 visa [as per the stamp on my passport] is expiring in May 2021

Entered US : Feb 2021
    I94 valid till : Aug 2021

Visa Stamp expiry : May 2021

Planned return to India: July 2021

Can i continue to stay in US till July as i have a valid I94 but visa stamp on passport expires in May 2021??

Appreciate your response and help in advance.

Yes. A US visa is solely for entry and the visa's expiration date just means the last date you can use that visa to enter. The visa's expiration date has nothing to do with how long you can stay in the US.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Understood !
      Thank you

Comment

how do i extend visa after the visa expriation date (stamped), while in US. ie can i extend visa after visa expiration date but before the I-94 date.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          how do i extend visa after the visa expriation date (stamped), while in US. ie can i extend visa after visa expiration date but before the I-94 date.
          You cannot "extend" a US visa; you can only get a new one. And you can only get a new US visa at a US consulate outside the US. Like I said above, US visas are only for entry, so if you are already inside the US, you don't need to get a new visa, because you don't need to "enter" (at least not until the next time you leave the US). The next time you leave the US and wish to re-enter the US, you would get a new US visa at a US consulate in the foreign country where you will be located.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X