B1/B2 Visa appointment for parents from India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Visa appointment for parents from India

Hi, My parents 10yrs B1/B2 visa is going to expire in couple of week. And planning to take an appointment with US Consulates in India. Not sure, any US consulate in india giving appointments for B2 visas. Have completed DS160 and paid required fee to schedule interview. Some of the consulates are showing availability but when move on to final step to secure appointment it says not available. Some times it showing slot available in end of next year. doent seemd to be correct. Did anyone secured a visa B2 appointment in India recently. Also is it possible to send them to US consulates in neighbor countries like mexico/Canada once they were here and Visa about expire (like we do for other work visa's). any help or input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Member,
    No worries.. As per US embassy India official news, The U.S. Embassy and Consulates across India will resume B1/B2 interview waiver (Dropbox) processing in January 2022. Availability varies by location.
    I hope you will get the slots starting from January 2022 onwards.

Also is it possible to send them to US consulates in neighbor countries like mexico/Canada once they were here and Visa about expire (like we do for other work visa's)
    Answer: They can.. But you will need to first check with concern Embassy whether they accept third country nationals visa applications or not.. If they accept then you can plan.. But please note, always home country US embassy is best to get visa renewal. And you will not have much risk to process the visa applications too.
    All the best.
    Thanks

Comment

My parents visas expired a couple of months ago. So I too submitted DS-160, paid fees and now am seeing the same problem. OFC appointments are showing available in March 2022 (for Delhi), but when I select a date and move to next screen, it just says no consular appoinments available, go back and choose a new OFC date.

I guess once interview waiver is again resumed for tourist visa OR consular interview appointments become available, I will be able to choose both OFC/biometrics appointment and (if needed) consular appointment. Just hope the visa fee doesn't expire by then.

It's a waiting game.

Comment

Originally posted by rkk09 View Post
        Hi Member,
        No worries.. As per US embassy India official news, The U.S. Embassy and Consulates across India will resume B1/B2 interview waiver (Dropbox) processing in January 2022. Availability varies by location.
        I hope you will get the slots starting from January 2022 onwards.

Thanks
        Hi rkk09 - can you provide a link to where you saw this official news? I have been trying to read through the US embassy and travel.state.gov pages and saw nothing of this sort.

Comment

Originally posted by Shikhanshu Agarwal View Post

Hi rkk09 - can you provide a link to where you saw this official news? I have been trying to read through the US embassy and travel.state.gov pages and saw nothing of this sort.
          Hi Member,
          I just got this message through US consulates in India Official faceboook page. This has been posted on Dec 08, 2021.
          Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X