No announcement yet.

B1/B2 Visa Extension due to Covid & back to home country while I539 is pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/B2 Visa Extension due to Covid & back to home country while I539 is pending

Entered US in Dec 2019 on B1/B2 visa and planned to return in April 2020 but the Covid outbreak resulted in travel ban and our flight to India got cancelled. Our I94 shows June 2020 as departure date. Therefore applied for Visa Extension and submitted I539A well in time in April 2020 and receipt received from USCIS. Followed up with USCIS for expedited processing but they conveyed us that no action is needed and the application is under process. Meanwhile, we departed US in Nov 2020 as soon as the international flights resumed. We received fingerprints letter in Feb 2021 but we didnt attend as we left the country. We thought that our application will be closed as we left the country and the USCIS delayed the process. We again visited US in Dec 2021 and left US before I94 date in June 2022. But, we recently received a denial letter for extension application as we didnot attend fingerprints and our application considered abandoned.

In the light of the above, should we appeal through I290B ? Or we can leave it. Will it cause any problems if we want to visit US next time? Any suggestions please.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X