• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa renewal for parents - travelled with AP, during GC process

B2 visa renewal for parents, On Nov 2021, parents came to US on B2 Visa
    On Jan 2022, Filed GC Application
    On Apr 2022, I94 Expired - didn't renew I94, as GC was in progress
    On Jun 2022, they got SSN, EAD but no GC yet.
    On Jul 2022, they got to travel due to relative's marriage without waiting for AP(Travel Doc). We tried expediting.
    Now they are due for B2(renewal). Attorney is saying to withdraw their I485, I131 to renew B2 visa
    and in DS160 of B2(renewal), he is saying to give reason as "they don't want to permanently stay in united states"
    In short, they were on B2 - overstayed(i94) after filing GC process, But they travelled without AP. Now applying for B2 renewal.
    Anyone experienced the same? Please share what you did>​​

Do they intend to stay permanently in the US after coming here (e.g. by filing I-485 during their stay)? If so, they should not come on B2, and should instead do Consular Processing to get an immigrant visa.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hi newacct, not planning for GC at this time, as it is taking longer time. as of now, they are suggesting B2 is ok for their travel as they don't like brutal winter. they anyways want to be in india.

Comment

I have a nonimmigrant visa that will expire soon and I would like to renew it. Do I need to go through the whole visa application process again?​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X