Parents US Tourist Visa denied (214b) post I539 extension approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents US Tourist Visa denied (214b) post I539 extension approval

Hello, my parents had a valid US tourist visa from 2014 to 2024 during which they have visited me and my brother 5 times. In 2021, due to Covid-19 pandemic, their stay in the US got extended to 11 months. They arrived on 1st March 2021 and filed for an extension (i539) in July 2021 with i94 expiring 30th August 2021. They returned to India in February 2022. They also had a short visit in July 2022 (3 months) due to medical help needed for my brother. The i-539 extension request document was approved in March 2023.

Now, as their visa expires in 2024, they filed for renewal via dropbox option. However, they received a 221g slip and were asked to attend in-person for further questioning. Upon visiting the Embassy in person, they were not asked any additional questions or to provide any documents but were denied visa renewal stating 214b (lack of proof of strong base in home country i.e., India).

Would request the following information:
    1. Can they reapply for tourist visa? Is there a minimum recommended wait period?
    2. What can they do to prove their intent to return to India? Is there any additional documents they can provide?

Anyone having or had a similar issue please reach out to me so that i can understand what best needs to be done to fix this problem. Please provide any information that could help us fix this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X