Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 VISAs

Hi Friends,

I am on L1 VISA here in US. My mother has visited me on a B2 VISA. I am her only child, she is 64yr old and there is no one to look after her in India. What will be my best bet to keep her with me as much time as possible? Can she travel to US for six months, go back to India for 2-3 months and then be back in US for another stay? Or shall she file for an extension for now, then go back in to India for 2-3 months, and then be back again to US?

Is there a minimum adviced time she must stay in India between her two visits to US? This is a tough situation for me as she is old and alone in India. I want to stay here for 2-3 years for my career reasons, but if nothing works, then I will have to go back to India.

Please advice.

Regards,

As a rule of thumb visitors should spend twice the time they spend in the US outside before returning to ensure the maximum 6 months is granted the next time.
    Your mother can try returning after 2-3 months but it is possible that she may have to undergo extra scrutiny and get shorter duration of stay the next time. Extension of status even if approved, makes return more difficult the in a short time. If denied after I-94 expiry, Visa is voided and that can create further problems.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X