Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need more information on Safe travel insurance

Narendra -
    Have purchase multiple times from you. Mostly PAtriot and Platinum (IMG).
    Thankfully I never used it.

MY dad is over 80 now so I am considering this new insurance SAfe travel USA since it has 50 K limit.

I havent heard much about this insurance and you started offering this only recently. Are there any positive /negative reviews on this one.

More data is available on Atlas America.

Insurance with policy details is useless unless there is data supporting that it was used successfully for reasonable illness outlined in policy.

Pretty much shortlisted above two plus Liason International option 1 (they have a local office here).

Any suggestions particularly regarding Safe?

Also I am confused that immhelp forum is more active than insubuy in the insurance category.

For 80+, I would highly recommend Safe Travels USA Insurance, available at https://www.insubuy.com/safe-travels-usa-insurance/ It has $50,000 policy max limit for 80+ that most other plans don't.

As this plan is more competitive in 80+ category compared to younger people, more people who buy this plan are in that age group. Therefore, there is less discussion about it, if any.

It is a comparatively newer company and we have been offering that for about one year, since they started offering it through agents. We didn't have any complaints so far. (Most people, over 99% of the people, never ever bother to report positive experience.)

I am not sure what exactly you mean by 'local office here'.

Immihelp forum is more active than Insubuy because it is much bigger and overall much higher traffic web site.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

What I meant was that Liason claims office is local Carmel, IN

Comment

Where are you located?
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Originally posted by JitBama View Post
          What I meant was that Liason claims office is local Carmel, IN
          Carmel, INDIANA

Comment

You being in the same town does not provide any kind of advantage at all. You can't go there in person for any purpose anyway. Everything is handled remotely. Therefore, it does not really matter.

We had one instance of an elderly uncle who was visiting USA from India and was our customer showing up at their door around 8 years ago and they were not sure what to do or how to handle him. They have absolutely no arrangements to handle walk in traffic. They called our office and we had to explain him nicely in Hindi to go back as nothing can be handled personally.

By the way, claims office for both Atlas America and Patriot America are also in downtown Indianapolis. However, this is just a coincident that you happen to live there.

Therefore, in short, you should not make any decision based on that.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Thanks for that advice. I thought maybe if I cannot get them on phone regarding some dispute I will be able to handle it in their office.

I have another rather interesting question. This is related to -- not the insurance plans itself but rather the PPO network.

Is there any network which charges less than others? Health care costs/billing is not transparent. Eg Get an X-ray, the radiologist can charge in a wide range. Let's say he charges $500 .. PPO1 says you are allowed to charge $100. Considering the deductible, I have to pay only $100.
              Same thing with PPO2 would result in me paying $300 becos those are their allowable rates.
              This is especially important for visitor plans since the deductibles are so high (affordable plans).

Are there some PPO networks which are notorious versus others which are better for consumer?
              Are there some PPO you may have heard that most prefer?

Comment

There is no way to come to any meaningful conclusion on that.

Within the same PPO network, the charges may vary based on the location, provider and that too can change with time.

Unfortunately, I (or any one) can not help on this matter.
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
                  There is no way to come to any meaningful conclusion on that.

Within the same PPO network, the charges may vary based on the location, provider and that too can change with time.

Unfortunately, I (or any one) can not help on this matter.
                  I understand. I am asking a broader health care issue related to non-transparency -- not necessarily related only to visitors insurance.

Since you deal with so many insurance issues, I was wondering if you would make a certain preference to go with PPO PHCS say versus FirstHealth.

Also , if a plan accepts both PHCS and FirstHealth -- who makes the determination as to whether the claim should go to PHCS or FirstHealth?

Comment

1. No, there is no way to prefer one PPO over another.
                    2. Generally, it would be processed through whoever comes out to be cheaper in a given case.

I suggest that please concentrate your efforts on benefits each plan provides rather than PPO differences.
                    Thanks & Regards
                    Insubuy

Comment

1. No, there is no way to prefer one PPO over another.
                      2. Generally, it would be processed through whoever comes out to be cheaper in a given case.

I suggest that please concentrate your efforts on benefits each plan provides rather than PPO differences.
                      Thanks. This forum is quite helpful.

I have decided to go with Atlas America for one and SAfe travel for the other. I know Safe has 3 month min .. didnt check the other.

I will wait to complete the online form until closer to the arrival date.

Comment

1. You are welcome. In case you have any questions or need any help during the application process or after purchase, during any claims etc., please feel free to contact us at any time. We work for you.

2. You can purchase Atlas America insurance at https://www.insubuy.com/atlasamerica-insurance/ and Safe Travels USA insurance at https://www.insubuy.com/safe-travels-usa-insurance/
                        Thanks & Regards
                        Insubuy

Comment

had trouble filling out safe form

Narendra -

the safe insurance asks for home country which i put down as India for my dad. After that it only allows mailing address in india. I dont want the correspondence to go to indian address rather to my address in US.

Any suggestions.

Comment

You are right that it asks only for the India address and there is no provision to enter the US address.

However, please note that all the correspondence such as the insurance ID card, policy wording will be delivered instantly by email. There will be no communication by postal mail.

Therefore, please enter her India address.

I hope that answers your questions.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
                            Thanks & Regards
                            Insubuy

Comment

You are right that it asks only for the India address and there is no provision to enter the US address.

However, please note that all the correspondence such as the insurance ID card, policy wording will be delivered instantly by email. There will be no communication by postal mail.

Therefore, please enter her India address.

I hope that answers your questions.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
                              That form is not as good as for atlas america insurance. Sometimes the previous button does nothing. What is pre-depature effective date?

Hope this period is considered 3 months --
                              Effective Date 6/12/2013 Termination Date 9/11/2013

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X