Be careful from icici lombard. They only cheat you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful from icici lombard. They only cheat you

I had bought ICICI Lombard travel insurance policy for one of my family members travelling to Canada. While I filled up the details on line, one of their help desk person called me up and started explaining the policy coverage. I asked the gentleman, whether the policy will include the KEY BENEFITS mentioned on left side of their page at https://www.icicilombard.com/travel-...Round-Trip.cms under international travel insurance - policy details (single round trip). His answer was categorical "YES" provided I buy the policy today because company is thinking of withdrawing this facility mentioned under key benefits. So I agreed to buy the policy for Rs.18297 for 179 days.

When I got the policy on my email, I was shocked to see that the policy does not cover KEY BENEFITS. I kept on sending them the emails to confirm that the policy sent to me covers the KEY BENEFITS which are even today available on your website. Firstly they did not answer and later on they said the policy does not cover these benefits and they will cancel the policy and refund the money.

It is worth noting that KEY BENEFITS are even today being displayed on their website under the link mentioned above only to cheat the people. While they on their on decided to cancel my policy for not meeting their own guideline, they have decided to deduct Rs. 500 odd even though it is their fault.

My request to them is that they should agree and honor their own terms and conditions provided on their website and have the courage to give in writing to me that yes the policy covers these KEY BENEFITS, stop cheating the public at large and if they are bent up on cancelling the policy which I have already purchased, they must not deduct any money for the same.
    Last edited by aaoil; 08-29-2014, 08:49 AM.

Thank you for posting this for the benefit of others.

I visited that link and there are many benefits listed under 'KEY BENEFITS'. Could you please let us know whether none of those Key Benefits are covered or some of them not covered?

Could you please attach the policy wording here so that others can understand what is promised and what people actually get? You can of course hide any personal information, if the generic policy wording is not given separately.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

It is definitely better to purchase the insurance from the US based company compared to India based company.

Please read https://www.insubuy.com/visitors-ins...ia-comparison/
      Thanks & Regards
      Insubuy
      Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
      Local: (972) 985-4400
      Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...