X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acute onset of preexisting condition

Hi Sir/ Ma'am,

Good Morning.

I have some questions regarding acute onset of preexisting condition offered by some of the insurances.

My parents are planning to visit US this summer. My Dad has high cholesterol and is diabetic.

My question is

1. God forbid anything should happen to him when he is US like heart attack or stroke, is that considered an acute onset of preexisting condition and will all the medical expenses related to that be covered after deductible and co-insurance, by either of the below two insurance plans, Atlas America and Patriot America Plus.
    2. My dad will turn seventy when he is in US. Will he loose coverage after he turns 70, since both of the above insurance says < 70 yrs.
    3. They will be visiting Canada after US, will both of the above insurance cover illnesses in Canada also if there is any.
    4. Will both of insurances pay directly to the service providers if the doctors visited and in network.
    Thanks in Advance for your answer.

Thank you for your interest in purchasing insurance through us.

Answers for your questions below:
    1. Both plan provides coverage for acute onset of pre-ex up to policy max. you chose. Heart attack or stroke may come under acute onset of pre-existing conditions. But we can’t say for sure yes or no now. Because it will be determined by the claim dept. based on the attending physician notes and as per the certificate wording of the plan. Please find more information on acute onset of pre-ex at, https://www.insubuy.com/visitor-insu...ng-conditions/
    2. Both plan as long as you extend the policy. His policy will be continuous policy and there will not be any change in the policy max. once he turns 70yrs. Under Patriot America plus plan his premium remains same at the extension time. He will pay the same premium for one year from the eff. date of the policy. While Under Atlas America plan when you extend the policy premium will be according to his new age group.
    3. Both Atlas America and Patriot America plus plans are an international plan will provide coverage anywhere in the world except his home country.
    4. Both of the plan has a ppo network. So most of the time if you go in the network provider should billed directly. But sometime dr. office may ask you to pay upfront. But for hospitalization or any major expense hospital billed directly.

Please visit our website at www.insubuy.com

Enter appropriate criteria. You will find many plans and you can also compare them side by side.

Please feel free to call our office at (866)INSUBUY and will be glad to explain in detail.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X