Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America Protection - Question for Mr. Narender

Narender,

I am planning to buy america protection for my parents. they will be traveling on june20. to US. Should I go for internation including US or JustUSA only. I want to cover their trip also.Like stopover in Europe etc. Also when should I buy it like 2 days before or something and when should be the starting date.

Thanks
    Pradeep

Protection America always covers everywhere outside the home country, including USA.

We ask the question 'USA' or 'International Including USA' on the home page of our web site simply because we have some plans (other than Protection America) that are USA only. Therefore, those plans would not show up if you choose 'International Including USA'.

However, for Protection America, you will not see any difference whether you choose 'USA' or 'International Including USA' on the first screen. First screen is simply the filter to choose among many plans.

You should make the effective date one day prior to their departure date from India. e.g., if they are leaving India on Jun 18, have the effective date Jun 17 as the insurance is effective according to the US Eastern Time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Question For Mr. Narendra

I am planning to buy insurance for my parents. They will be travelling on june 22.

Questions

1. Is it ok to have insurance on early june22.
      2. They will stay till july8. If they like it they will stay longer. Can I buy for 14 days and then extend if they stay longer. Mother age is 55 and father is 63.5.
      3. Please let me know the premium for 14 days and for 4 months for mother.
      4. How the medical card will be delivered.

thanks
      Applesingh

Comment

I am assuming you would like to buy Protection America.

1. In order to cover during the travel time as well, you need to start the coverage one day in advance. Coverage starts according to 12.01 AM Eastern time on the day you specify. And when the flight leaves on Jun 22 early morning at 3.00 AM for example, it is just 6.30 in the evening of Jun 21.

2. Yes, you can purchase for as little as 5 days or any longer duration you like. You can also renew for as little as 5 days or any longer duration you like.

Premiums depend upon the policy maximum you select (such as $50,000, $100,000 etc.) and the deductible you select (such as $100, $250, $500 etc.)

Please visit https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-amer...cal-insurance/ and enter the duration you like and the age. You will see prices for different options.

4. As soon as you make the purchase, you will get a virtual id card in the email. Actual card will be mailed to you the next business day which takes around 3 to 5 days for the post office to deliver. You can also pay extra $20 to be delievered overnight but that is not necessary.

I hope that answers your questions.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at any time or post them here.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Narendar,

Suppose I buy it for 4 months and my mother leaves in 2 months. Will I refund back. Assume in first 2 months, she files 1-2 claims.

Apple

Comment

There would be no refund if there is any claim at any time.

If you are not sure how long the person is going to stay, you can buy for shorter duration and then renew it by paying $5 renewal fee, in addition to the premium.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Please explain this :

An insured person must only satisfy one deductible and coinsurance within each yearly coverage period

Comment

Before insurance company pays anything, you have to first pay the deductible once. After you pay the deductible, insurance company pays 80% for the first $5,000 in medical expenses, you pay 20%. That 20% for first $5,000 is called co-insurance.

No matter how many times you renew the insurance for how long you keep the insurance, you need to pay the deductible and co-insurance only once in that 1 year.
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

As you recommended, I bought the protection america plan.

When I will get the actual card.

Comment

I have removed the certificate numbers from your post to protect your privacy.

If you bought the insurance today, the cards would be mailed to you tomorrow. And it takes around 3 to 5 days for post office to deliver regular first class mail within USA.
                    Thanks & Regards
                    Insubuy

Comment

Protection America v/s Patriot America

Narendra,
                      My parents are planning to travel to Canada and then visit US and i am planning to take an insurance for them.I see that Protection America is $1341 and Patriot America is $1194. The only diff in these two i see is that Protection America offers for 'Hospital indemnity'.
                      1) Is this the only diff ?
                      2) In general how is Patriot America compared to Protection america when it comes to claims and re-imbursement ? I would like to go for Patriot instead of protection . Is it a good plan to go for ?

Please let me know. Thanks
                      Prashant

Comment

I would definitely recommend you to buy Protection America.

Please read https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-amer...e/enhanced.jsp to understand why.
                        Thanks & Regards
                        Insubuy

Comment

Narendra,
                          My parents are planning to visit Canada and US and i am planning to take protection America with the 'international including USA' plan. Is protection America a good plan to cover when in Canada or is there a better plan for Canada ?
                          Would it be good to take 2 different insurance plans, one specific to Canada and other only for USA ?
                          Please advice
                          Thanks
                          Prashant

Comment

Protection America covers anywhere outside home country. Therefore, it is good for both USA and Canada.

In fact, that is the only visitors insurance that has PPO network both in USA and in Canada.
                            Thanks & Regards
                            Insubuy

Comment

Narendra,
                              You said that Protection America is the only insurance which has PPO network both in USA/Canada. But when i compare Protection America and Patriot America , both the insurance plans show 'International PPO' as covered.

Prashant

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X