Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Insurance provider

Hi Narendra,

I currently have purchase Protection America for my Mom and World med lite for my Dad & also have the careington dental coverage as per ur earlier suggestion.

Here are my questions

1-
    a> i bought Protection America (approx April 12th 2007), based on your suggestion last year for my in-laws. But looks like this year we have a cheaper plan with similar benefits in Patriot America. And reading ur posts & looking thru the brochure, the only difference seems to be the minimum time i need to purchase the insurace of 3 months for me to renew in latter. Didnt find any other differences, is that correct ?

b> Given the above is true, now can i cancel Protection America and get patriot america for 100K coverage ? Both seem to have IMG, can i simply switch by calling u or need to go thru the process of cancelling Protection and then getting Patriot online ? Pls let me know the procedure.

c> Any extra fees i got to pay here ?

2-
    a> For my Dad i got World med (70+) on the same date, but i was in a hurry and didnt look carefully and got WorldMed lite since for 70+ age the max was anyways 100K in all plans. Now after i read it carefully it says the sickness max is 5000$ and Accident max is 100K.

Now it is tricky to figure out what does 'sickness' cover - could you please clarify thiis. For some emergencies sicknesses god forbid, will that still be in Accident, but simple cold/cough/ skin allergies etc are under sickness ? How do we know what is sickness / accident.

b> I am not able to decide if i should continue with Lite or shld get the Plan B instead. Pls give your input and also based on ur answer above, it will help me decide.

c> If i switch to plan B here from lite what would be the steps and catches Again any extra cancellation /upgrade fees here ?

Thank you.

Also another question about worldmed

2>
    d> If my charges are say 300$ for one visit.

if sickness:

lite:
    i pay 75$ + 20%(225) = 125$ {since deductable is 75$ for sickness}. And 225$ is counted towards max 5000$ ?

a/b:
    i pay 250$ deductable + 20%(50) = 260$.
    And only 50$ is counted towards 5000$ initial amount.

if accident

lite, a/b: 250$ deductable + 20%(50) = 260$ in all plans.

Comment

1a. That is the only difference.

1b and 1c. There is no switching. You will have to cancel Protection America and purchase Patriot America all over again.

Cancellation policy in Protection America: As long as there are no claimed filed since the effective date, insurance company will refund fully unused months minus $25 cancellation fee.
      In order to cancel it, send an email to admin [at] insubuy.com with the certificate number and date from when you would like to cancel it. Refund is a manual process and usually takes around 2 to 3 weeks.

In order to purchase Patriot America, visit https://www.insubuy.com/ as if you are buying it completely fresh.

2a. Sickness means cold, flu, fever, heart attack etc.
      Even if it is emergency sickness, it is still sickness and covered only up to $5000.

2b. Plan B is not available for 70+. You need to take either WorldMed Lite or WorldMed Plan A.

2c. After the effective date, there is no refund in WorldMed plans. You can buy it all over again.

2d. $300 is counted towards eligible medical expenses in all plans.
      Thanks & Regards
      Insubuy
      Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
      Local: (972) 985-4400
      Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X