Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protection America coverage questions

A.
    After reading the material and some of the experiences on your web site, I am thinking of a comprehensive plan like Protection/IMG. Please advise if there is a better choice. As of now, both my parents are healthy. But my mother is diabetic.

Some info regarding them and their trip is as follows:
    a) Father - 69 years old; Mother - 61 years old
    b) Duration of stay: 4 months (may extend a month or two at a later date).

Now for some questions:
    1. Would a $50,000 comprehensive plan be enough?

2. Is the $50,000 per person or for both of them put together?

3. If I were to purchase the insurance on Monday, would they be covered
    from the time they land?

4. If we do need to extend, would the deductible re-start from the 5th month?

5. I presume the $250 deductible is per person. Is that correct?

6. If for some reason, my parents don't make the trip and I buy the insurance today, would I be able to get a full refund if we don't make any claims and I cancel within a few business hours of their previously scheduled arrival?

A.
    Protection America is the best choice available in market today.
    Anything rlated to diabetes will be excluded as pre-existing conditions.

Enough is a relative term. And it is difficult to specify how much will be enough. For many things, it may be enough. But in some serious problems, it may go beyond that. $100,000 is much safer limit.

It is per person.

Insurance can start as early as next day or any future date you specify. If you buy on Monday(03/21), you can specify that you want to start from 03/23.
    As US has around 9.5 (or 10.5 or 11.5...) hours difference between US time and India time, and policy starts at 12.01 AM Eastern time and flight leave from India usually around 2-3 AM, I suggest you start the coverage from 03/22 to cover during travel time as well. For that, you have to purchase latest by 03/21.

No. Deductible is only once a year no matter how many times you renew within 1 year.

Yes, deductible is per person.

If you cancel it before the effective date, you get full refund. In other words, if insurance starts on March 25, you have to cancel it by latest March 24 to get full refund.
    If you cancel it after the effective date, Protection America gives you refund for fully unused months minus $25 cancellation fee, as long as there are no claims.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X