Protection America vs. ExPatriot Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protection America vs. ExPatriot Plus

1. My aunt is 76 years old, and will be here in the US on a visitor's visa for 6 months, with no pre-existing conditions. What plan would you recommend?

2. What is the difference between Protection America and ExPatriot Plus?

3. Per the brochure: Insured person must only satisfy 1 deductible and coinsurance within each coverage period. If I buy coverage for 3 months and renew for another 3 months, will I pay deductible only once during the entire 6 months, or once for the 1st 3 months and again for the renewed period?

4.The Brochure for Protection America refers to Passport Protection in page 8. What is this Passport Protection?

5.Eligibility Requirements for people above 65 requires attaching a copy of the Visa? Does this mean that to apply I must wait till the visa is received. How to "attach" the visa copy if I am going to apply online?

6.What is the difference between Period of Coverage and Benefit Period? (brochure has these terms)

7.Your FAQ section recommends renewals because they have certain advantages. However, will the premium be higher at renewal, if during the initial coverage period there was need to seek benefits? If the answer is yes, mow much would be the increase for?

8.Protection America has no reference to NNC (Network Negotiated Charges? Please verify this plan has NNC in it. I know have I have asked quite a few questions. But your clarifications would immensely help me, and 2 more of my friends who are planning on getting the coverage for their parents. I would appreciate your early reply. Thanks a million!!

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Protection America

2. Protection America has First Health PPO Network. Can be purchased for min. 5 days and can be renewed for min. 5 days at a time (or any more no. of days or months at a time). $5 renewal fee applies.

ExPatriot Plus is for min. 3 months and renewals in multiples of months. No renewal fee. No PPO network. Little cheaper than Protection America.

3. Once during entire 6 months.

4. 'Passport Protection Plus' is the official name of the insurance plan, and it is medical insurance. It has nothing to do with protecting your actual passport. Sorry for the confusion because of name.

5. You don't need attach any copy if you are applying online.

6. Period of coverage is the period during which you are insured and paid the premium. Benefit period is the period following period of coverage for you would be eligible to receive treatment for sicknesses/injuries that occurred during period of coverage.

7. No change in premiums as long as you are in the same age group. Only the renewal fee.

8. Yes, it has NNC.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...