Parents insurance - mother pre-diabetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents insurance - mother pre-diabetic

My parents are planning to visit me in the US from India next month and plan to stay for 6 months.
    My mother just discovered this week that she has high blood sugar and may be pre diabetic. She is about 60 and my dad is about 65.
    I want to have the ability to take her for tests / checkup if required.
    Please suggest comprehensive health insurance coverage options for them.
    I would also like to take Dental and Vision coverage if possible.

Can you tell me how I can apply for their insurance from the US? Don't they need to get a physical exam before buying health insurance?

Please look at Protection America at
    Patriot America Lite Application- Travel Medical Insurance for visitors and new immigrants in the USA

That is the best comprehensive medical plan.

No insurance company is going to pay for any high blood pressure/diabetes check ups etc. You can buy do-it-yourself machines from a local pharmacy, they are quite inexpensive.

You can buy their insurance from US. No medical exam is required.

Look at Careington for Dental/Vision at
    Dental plans for visitors to USA. Get significant discounts at participating dentists throughout the U.S.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.
      Just want to clarify:
      I would be paying $305 per month per head for the best $1,000,000 coverage.
      Also, they already have health insurance in India, would that create any problems?

Comment

For $1,000,000 coverage and $250 deductible, price is $305/month for your
        father and $280/month for your mother.
        You can also choose $100 deductible at 10% higher price, or $500 deductible
        at 10% lower price.

It does not matter that they have health insurance in India.

You can make instant purchase online at
        Patriot America Lite Application- Travel Medical Insurance for visitors and new immigrants in the USA

You require date of birth and passport number to apply.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

What is the next best option I may have as this one is too expensive (1830
          + 1680 = 3510) and only covers major problems per my understanding?

I may be better off taking cheaper insurance that covers things like sudden surgery / hospital stay etc and can pay for routine exams/test on my own.
          Please let me know your suggestions from your experience.

Also, by when should I apply for the insurance? For instance, if they plan to start on 18th May, should I apply a week before that? Just want to make sure all paperwork etc is done before they start and I have their insurance cards in the mail by the time they arrive.

If I apply for Monthly / 3 monthly renewable insurance, will it cost me more than a one time 6 month insurance?

Comment

In that case, you may want to consider either purchasing for either $100,000 or $500,000 policy maximum.

Or you may also want to consider choosing higher deductible such as $1000. In that case, you can pay for small things yourself and insurance will pay for major things.

Insurance can start as early as next day or any future date you specify. You can apply either online or over the phone. It is same procedure either way. You require date of birth and passport number.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X