Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need clarifications for visitors visa insurance

Hello

I would like to know more about your insurance offers.

I am a 26 year old Swiss citizen and I am planning to move to Mexico shortly to start studying over there.

I am healthy and I like to do sports such as jogging, yoga, pilates. Etc. I am also planning to take a beginners course in scuba diving in the next year.

Swiss citizens who leave their homecountry for more than 6 months at a time are required to change their residency to their current country of residence. That means I would no longer be a Swiss resident yet in Mexico I would only hold a student visa which has to be prolonged every year (I would not receive the status of a permanent resident). I point this out as I am not sure if international student insurance is still aplicable in this situation.

I am interested in the Patriot plan. I need a health insurance package that covers the above mentioned situation (including scuba diving),
    would Patriot America be suitable? I would like in- and outpatient benefits with a small deductible and no co-insurance if possible. What policy maximum is reasonable for Mexico?

Me and my fiance are not planning to have a baby in the next five years, but what if I got pregnant, would maternity be covered?

How about visiting friends in the USA for a short period of about a week. Would that be covered or could I buy an extra policy for that?

Are short-term visits to my home-countries covered?

Please do not just send me a quote as it is crucial to me to have answers to my questions before I buy anything. Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Yes, Patriot America is suitable.

1. Sports:
    In order to cover scuba diving etc, you have add an option for 'Leisure Sports'.

2. Policy maximum:
    You buy $100,000

3. Maternity is NOT covered.

4. Patriot America will cover in US as well. In US/Canada, you have to
    pay coinsurance of 10% for first $5,000. There is no coinsurance for Mexico.

5. Incidental home country coverage up to two weeks cumulative total is covered.

You can purchase Patriot America online at https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-america-insurance/

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Thank you so much for your comprehensive answer. I do have some additonal questions:

How are emergencies handled? Let's say I have an accident and I am taken to an emergency room, how will the payment be arranged? Is there a
      24/7-hotline that can make arrangements for me and can grant the hospital the paiment of the costs?
      NARENDRA >>> Read
      United Healthcare PPO Network - Extensive networks of healthcare providers all across the United States provides cashless direct billing

Is there a free choice of doctors and hospitals?
      NARENDRA >>>Read https://www.insubuy.com/img-first-health-ppo-network/

How are costs reimbursed? How long does that process take aprox. to handle a claim?
      NARENDRA >>>Read
      United Healthcare PPO Network - Extensive networks of healthcare providers all across the United States provides cashless direct billing

Are chiropractic treatments or physical therapy paid for?
      NARENDRA>>> Physical therapy, only if recommended by a physician. No chiropractor.

Are dental treatments covered for in case they are necessary? What is considered a dental emergency?
      NARENDRA>>>>
      Injury to teeth in an accident - Up to policy maximum.
      Tooth pain etc. - Up to $100

Are medical check-ups and vaccinations covered for?
      NARENDRA>>> No

Thank you so much for your assistance.
      Thanks & Regards
      Insubuy

Comment

Thank you. I checked the links you indicated. But I didn't find any explanation about an emergency number or how a claim is handled. Please
        explain me, thank you.

Comment

Emergency number will be on the insurance card you will get after you purchase the insurance.

More information how the claim is processed is given at
          What is Visitors Insurance? - Visitors insurance is a short term international travel medical insurance for persons who visiting USA.
          Thanks & Regards
          Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X