Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about travel insurance from India to the US

Hello

My in laws will be visiting the US from India (6/17-8/4). We purchased travel insurance from you when they visited two years ago and we were pleased with the buying process and the information you provided. I would appreciate your advice for this trip:

Here is their information:

Father in law: 77 yrs. old (it appears that only World Med is available for him)
    Mother in law: 69 yrs. old (she will turn 70 yrs. old after she returns to India)

Coverage: Comprehensive, $1,000 deductible and $100,000 max for each policy

States they are likely to visit: MD, DC, VA, TX, NY, NJ, PA, NC

We are looking for an insurance provider that has a wide network in the areas the in laws will be visiting, pays claims promptly and with minimum of hassle, and is reasonable in price.

The quotes for my mother in law have a wide range, from $284 for Patriot to $513 for Visit USA. Last time we got Protection America. I saw in your newsletter that Atlas offers limited coverage from pre existing conditions and it appears for only about $40 more than regular Atlas. That feature would be of interest to us.

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for your interest in purchasing health insurance for your parents.

I am glad that you had a positive experience last time.

Based on the information, you provided below, I would recommend WorldMed for your father and Protection America for your mother.
    Patriot America Lite Insurance - Travel health insurance from International Medical Group (IMG). Patriot America Lite is a popular visitors medical insurance

WorldMed Insurance - International visitor medical insurance for travel to the U.S. WorldMed insurance is underwritten by Lloyd's of London.

In your case, I would not recommend Visit USA (not renewable) or Patriot America (renewable only if purchased minimum 3 months initially). This is quite important just in case you need to renew it expetedly or unexpectedly.

Pre-existing conditions coverage in Atlas America:
    Brochure says>>>
    Acute Onset of a Pre-Existing Condition:
    If you are under age 70, you are covered for an Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition. Coverage is available up to $15,000 Maximum for Eligible Medical Expenses and up to $25,000 for Emergency Medical Evacuation. An Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition is a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition which occurs spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of Physician recommendations or symptoms. Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

To further understand how Protection America plan works, please visit https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-amer...lth-insurance/
      Thanks & Regards
      Insubuy
      Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
      Local: (972) 985-4400
      Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X