Comp Coverage with Pre-Existing Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comp Coverage with Pre-Existing Coverage

My Parents are arriving tomorrow from Chandigarh and I would like to buy comp coverage for them. I would like to include some sort of pre-existing coverage as well. I bought Patriot America from IMG last time and my father had a split in the front tooth. As per the plan we filed for a first $100 coverage claim (actual cost was $240). IMG totally ignored my claim (no denial either).

Can you please suggest a better plan for us?

Thanks
    Gulshan

There must have been a valid reason for IMG not to pay the claim.

If there are ever any issues with claim in future, please feel free to contact me at any time. I would be glad to help you and make sure that you are treated fairly.

You can consider buying Atlas America, available at https://www.insubuy.com/atlasamerica-insurance/
    It covers up to $15,000 in acute onset of pre-existing conditions for persons below age 70 years. Please look at the brochure for more details.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

pre-existing condition

The FAQs on pre-existing condition states that there is no insurance available that will cover pre-existing condition. And here you say Atlas insurance does cover that. Could you please clarify on that? My father has high blood pressure. There are many conditions that arise out of this or even if it was not due to high BP, it could be linked to that. So I do not see a point in buying the comprehensive coverage. My father is 60 years and mother is 55 years. Which insurance would you recommend for them?

Thanks in advance

Comment

We are talking about two different but related things.

Yes, it is true that no insurance plans cover pre-existing conditions. That is still true. However, Atlas America covers up to $15,000 in acute onset of pre-existing conditions for persons age below 70 years.

Yes, it is true that many new medical conditions may occur because of high blood pressure, and they also would be considered as pre-existing conditions. And that is how all the plans work.

You should still buy comprehensive coverage plans. That is because the probability of something new happening is the same, no matter what type of plan you buy. In fixed coverage plan, you only get a small fraction of the cost covered, while you are covered up to the policy maximum in the comprehensive coverage plans. e.g., a perfectly healthy person falls down in the bathroom and breaks the hip and need hip surgery that costs $40,000. Fixed coverage plan with policy maximum $50,000 will only pay $3,300 and you pay the difference of $37,700 yourself. However, comprehensive coverage plan would cover entire $40,000 (subject to deductible and coinsurance.) I hope that clarifies.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X