Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant Wife need insurance

Hi,

A friend's wife is pregnant and will need to seek Medical help here in the US. She decides to have the baby here in the US before heading back to her country. QUESTION: any insurance company out there that provide coverage for pregnancy expenses? I checked a few on your site and they do not cover pregnancy expenses.

PLEASE HELP

Unfortunately, you should stop searching because you are NOT going to find any insurance that is going cover pregnancy, particularly if the female is already pregnant while buying the insurance. It is very simple logic. When the insurance company knows that they must pay about $13,000 to $15,000 in pregnancy expenses, why will they give insurance for few hundred dollars?

There is one long term insurance Citizen Secure (offered on this web site at www.immihelp.com/insurance) that will cover pregnancy if you get pregnant after 1 year of continous coverage with them.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hello,
      I am also having few queries regarding insurance. At present I am on F1 student's visa and I am pregnant. I am working in the university full time and having insurance from them. But during my delivery time I will not be able to work in the university and my insurance coverage will stop. What to do now? can you please suggest something. Need help.
      Thanks.
      Aparna.

Comment

Even if you stop working, you can continue same coverage from the insurance company that you get from university (it is under provision called COBRA).
        Immihelp Support

Comment

reg insurance

Thanks for your reply.
          For how much period I can stay on COBRA and at the same time maintain my F1 visa status.

Comment

Re: reg insurance

I think it is 18 months.
            Immihelp Support

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X