Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas America: International Travel Health Insurance

Hi,

I plan to invite my parents to visit US in the fall. They are both 65 years old, Chinese citizens. I am interested in purchasing health insurance plans for them for the duration of their trip (including the flight into and out of US). I checked out the benefit offered by your health plans but have a question about what constitues a pre-existing condition.

In 2001, my father had a heart attack and as a result had a triple by-pass surgery (operated in China). He recovered well. But he is still taking medication for heart condition, such as high blood pressure. Does this constitute a pre-existing condition so that if he suffers another heart attack during his trip in US (God forbid), your insurance plan would not cover the subsequent medical expenses? I am asking this question because his heart attack happened almost 7 years ago and in your insurance plans the look back period for pre-existing conditions is only 2 years. I would deeply appreciate it if you could let me know whether my farther's heart attack in 2001 would result in a pre-existing conditon.

Best regards,

What happened seven years ago was an elevated condition of an ongoing heart disease that he still has now. As long as he is taking any medications, he still has that condition now and 2 years clause does not apply in that case. Therefore, it would still be considered as pre-existing condition.

Atlas America covers up to $15,000 in acute onset of pre-existing conditions.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X