Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding patriot travel insurance

Hi ,

I am planning on buying the insurance for my inlaws who are visiting us from India. I have the following questions regarding the patriot travel insurance in the PPO network.

1. If there is a health problem, we just have to pay the deductible and rest will be taken care by the insurance company directly?

2. Do we need to call IMG and inform them of the sickness or emergency so that they are informed or is this call required for them to determine if we are eligible for the treatment and make sure the expenses are covered?

3. What does precertification requirements mean?

4. And is this affiliated to First health network

Please let me know.

Thanks,

To answer your questions:

1.You will need to first pay the deductible then if it is Patriot America/Patriot GoTravel a coinsurance of 10% of the next $5,000, if it is Patriot Platinum America there is no coinsurance.

2. & 3. For a doctors visit you would not need to inform anyone (called "Pre-Certifying"). For a larger procedure such as surgery, hospitalization, etc. you would need to pre-certify. In case of Emergency Room visit, you should contact the number provided within 48 hours of incident.

4. All of the plans mentioned in answer number 1 are part of the First Health PPO Network.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I am still unclear about the answer for this question:

Do we need to call IMG and inform them of the sickness or emergency so that they are informed or is this call required for them to determine if we are eligible for the treatment and make sure the expenses are covered?

And also can you please elaborate on the pre-certify procedure.

Thanks,

Comment

When it comes to pre-certification, you must call to notify them so they are informed. Otherwise, the benefits will be reduced by 50%.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

I am planning on taking the Patriot go travel insurance for my parents who are visiting us from India.

Are there any documents that needs to be filled out before buying the insurance. If yes, can you please send them to me.
          And also please let me know if I have to ask my parents to get any health records or documentation from india.

I have one last question, how is the claim process if I go for patriot go travel and take the $250 deductible.
          If anything happens and everything is according to the policy i.e. no pre-existing condition, then we need to just pay the deductible upfront and rest will be taken care of by the insurance right?

And also will this plan cover emergency ambulance charges to the hospital.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Comment

The only thing you need to fill out is the online application for the insurance which will ask for names, dates of birth, and government issued IDs (passport numbers) for the insureds along with the email and mailing address where you will want the ID cards to be mailed to as well. If you carry a $250 deductible, you will pay the first $250 in expenses out of pocket and if in network, the provider will in most cases bill directly for the rest and you later get a bill for the coinsurance portion. If out of the network, it will be up to the provider to bill directly or not. Out of network, you pay a higher coinsurance of 80/20 of 5,000. Please let us know if you need any help or have any further questions.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X