Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medical Insurance for wife (non-us citizen, visitor's visa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Insurance for wife (non-us citizen, visitor's visa)

Recently my wife came down with a bad tooth and it looks like it will need to be pulled. Thankfully it's not too expensive without insurance but it made us realize we really should get her on an insurance again. She came here on a visitor's visa but we ended up getting married and started the process to get her green card while she's staying here in the US.

She had insurance through my work insurance, but due to Covid I became unemployed in March and moved to unemployment. Since then I've picked up only a part time job that doesn't offer medical insurance.

We have an attorney for most questions , however I'm hoping we can find a quicker response here to help calm her since we think she also might have a different medical problem coming up. I have a decent amount of money set aside for all of these expenses but I don't want to do anything that could jeopardize her immigration, but we also want the peace of mind of having insurance.

Originally posted by Jpotter1239 View Post
    Recently my wife came down with a bad tooth and it looks like it will need to be pulled. Thankfully it's not too expensive without insurance but it made us realize we really should get her on an insurance again. She came here on a visitor's visa but we ended up getting married and started the process to get her green card while she's staying here in the US.

She had insurance through my work insurance, but due to Covid I became unemployed in March and moved to unemployment. Since then I've picked up only a part time job that doesn't offer medical insurance.

We have an attorney for most questions , however I'm hoping we can find a quicker response here to help calm her since we think she also might have a different medical problem coming up. I have a decent amount of money set aside for all of these expenses but I don't want to do anything that could jeopardize her immigration, but we also want the peace of mind of having insurance.
    The ACA marketplace says that people with pending adjustment of status like your wife should qualify.
    Applicants for any of these statuses qualify to use the Marketplace:
    • Adjustment to LPR Status
    But she will need to wait until the open enrollment period or if she filed for adjustment within 60 days she can get a special enrollment period.

Comment

That's not a problem anymore, you should be able to find a decent insurance company who will prepare all the documents that you need. This shouldn't be an obstacle for her to obtain the citizenship, so all your worries are in for nothing. You can the two teeth extracted even without an insurance, it won't cost you too much. I got extracted mine from thehealthysmile.net, their clinics are very performant with some of the best doctors. It was an experience that succeeded my expectations.
      Last edited by fairboy; 04-27-2022, 07:41 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X