Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitors Insurance for parents

Hello,

My parents are visiting USA next month and they will be staying here for little over 5 months. My father is 62 yrs old and he is type 2 diabetic, also has hypertension. My mother is 58 yrs old and healthy, no pre-existing condition. Hence , I am looking for their (especially my father) health insurance that covers complications arising from pre-existing conditions.

I went through your website and liked the atlas america comprehensive plan. I was also trying to find reviews about the company, but could not find much about it. if

If anyone can suggest other companies and what else to look for while buying the insurance, will really appreciate.

Thanks.

Atlas America is currently the only comprehensive visitor medical plan available in the market that covers acute onset of pre-existing conditions for persons below the age of 70 years.

You can find the complete information about it at Atlas America Insurance.

Please note that reviews will be available for others to see only if people come forward and post something. Whatever you see on this web site and on our web site insubuy.com in reviews and discussion forums section is everything people posted and in some cases, our replies as clearly indicated so.

Reviews: The most important to keep in mind that when everything is going good, most people don't bother to write any reviews. Only when someone has a problem, they want to tell others in anger and do something about it. Just like if your car or phone is working fine every day, you would not go to the manufacurer's web site to post good review.

Regarding reviews, it is always a tricky situation. If people see too many good reviews, they will say they must be made up by the company. If people see too many bad reviews, they will say the company must be really bad. If people see mix of good and bad reviews, people may still say that the company is trying to give hard time with some or the other reason. If people see no reviews, they will say no one must be buying the insurance.

Therefore, no matter what happens, there would always a reason for some people to say something about the reviews.

I can tell you that I purchased Atlas America insurance for my own parents who visited the U.S. last year.

I hope that answers your questions.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Mr. Narendra, I really appreciate your response.

I have one more question regarding the coverage plan of Atlas America,
      My parents are taking delta airlines and their flight exchange is in Paris, god forbids, if in case my parents use the plan in Paris due to any medical emergency does the Atlas America's comprehensive plan covers it or does the plan become effective only once they land in USA.

Also, when i follow the link below and enter the required information, it gives me a quote however nowhere it shows whether it is a quote for comprehensive plan or the regular plan.

Atlas America Insurance

If you can clarify the above doubts, I would be glad.

Thank You.

Comment

Insurance starts according to 12.01 AM Eastern time on the day you specify and covers anywhere outside the home country.

Therefore, keeping the time zone difference in mind and also the time when U.S. bound international flights depart from India, you should make the effective date one day in advance of the travel date. In that case, it would cover during travel too, including in Paris.

There is only one Atlas America and that is a comprehensive coverage plan.

Originally, there were several types of plans and all were called travel medical insurance and the price for some were 1/2 to 1/3 of the other plans and people had no easy way to distinguish between the plans. Therefore, I came up with the names 'Fixed Coverage Plan' and 'Comprehensive Coverage Plan'. (Of course, all other agents conveniently copied that convention as we were among the first major players in market.) Those categories are not some government assigned official category names or mandated by law or something.

If you go to our home page, InsuBuy.com, and you enter the criteria, you will see those two types of plans and you will see that Atlas America is listed only under comprehensive coverage plan (because there is NO Atlas America fixed coverage plan.)

And Atlas is really a good plan. In addition to buying it for my parents last year, as I mentioned in my previous post, I also bought it for my family when we visited Canada this June. Even when my brother-in-law went to Singapore two days ago for studies and we bought Atlas for him.

I hope that answers your questions.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time or post them here
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Thanks again for your quick response, Narendra.

I had to ask you one more thing is that when i search for hospital covered under atlas america / comprehensive plan, it doesn't show the ONLY hospital located in our town. So in case of medical emergency what we have to do? like can we still go to the hospital in our town and claim the charges or does it have to be hospitals mentioned in the network coverage area, b'coz other hospitals that comes up under the list are about 1 hr from where we live?

Also, while mentioning the coverage plan to a medical facility to confirm whether they accept the insurance, what do we have to mention - HCC, Lloyd or PPO

Thank you.

Comment

1. You can visit any hospital or doctor you like.

I suggest that you call our office so that we can confirm whether the hospital is indeed in network or not. Sometimes, it may not show up the way you searched but it may indeed be in network. We won't know for sure until we get all the details from you.

2. You mention First Health or PHCS PPO. If you read various articles at International health insurance claims, you will get further details about this. We have described everything in a lot of detail.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Hello Again,

Thanks for the info.

So we can go to any hospital/ doctor which is not covered under your insurance network coverage, then how does the insurance work? will we have to pay upfront the complete fees of the treatment and later submit the claims to you.....can you please explain this.

Just for my clarification, If we can go to any doctor/hospital we like then what are the advantages/benefits else disadvantages in visiting doctors/hospitals specified on atlas america's website?

I really appreciate your time and quick response.

Comment

The information contained the section International health insurance claims describes all of that in detail.
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

Hello Mr. Narendra,

Thanks for your reply and we are planning to go ahead and buy the atlas america insurance thro`insubuy.

We hope to receive your further guidance and assistance whenever required in the future.

Thanks.

Comment

You can buy it online at Atlas America Insurance

We, as a broker, work for you and not for any particular insurance company. Therefore, we would be glad to help you at any stage, before, during and after purchase.

Please feel free to confidently contact us at any time.
                    Thanks & Regards
                    Insubuy

Comment

Hello Narendra,

I am filling the application online and under Terms and Conditions it states that `I understand this insurance contains a Pre-existing Condition exclusion, a Pre-certification Penalty and other restrictions and exclusions.` . And we have chosen this Atlas America as it covers pre-existing condition. Can you please clarify this...

Thanks

Comment

Pre-existing conditions are different from acute onset of pre-existing conditions.

Please look at the sample application. It has been described in detail at Atlas America Insurance - Sample Application
                        Thanks & Regards
                        Insubuy

Comment

Thanks Mr. Narendra.

We have purchased the insurance online yesterday. I really appreciate your help and answering our questions. If any more info required, will get back to you.

Thanks Again.

Comment

Insurance for parents with pre-exisiting condition

Hi,
                            I want to take insurance for may parents coming from India. I want to know if atlas america is a good insurance with pre-existing condition coverage? Both my parents have blood pressure, and one is pre-diabetic.
                            also, I see that protection america is expensive , though it does not cover pre-existing conditions... why is it so?

Please suggest a good insurance plan.
                            Thanks,

Comment

There have been no updates/enhancements in Protection Amerrica for last 4 years.

In any case, each insurance company determines their benefits and prices based on many different factors. Therefore, you may not always find a logical reason why something costs more but seem to provide less benefits.

Both are good plans, from two different companies.
                              Thanks & Regards
                              Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X