Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1-Options for parents needing medical care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-Options for parents needing medical care?

Hi,

I think many H1 holders would have parents with common medical conditions like blood pressure etc. But since these conditions are termed pre-existing they are not covered by insurance.

I want to know what are our options in this case, besides paying from the pocket?

Has anyone found a good solution to this and have any experience of how it went? Like moving to a different country, dealing with a local doctor, or something else?

If yes, please share with me, since I cannot deal with the ugly idea of leaving them home and struggling with their illness.

Thanks.

Didn't I already answer this?
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Originally posted by narendra View Post
      Didn't I already answer this?
      You did. But you haven't done any of it, have you? If yes, please share what did you do, and if it worked out successfully for your parents.

If not, I am asking others to share their experiences and possibly give me some ideas.

Thanks.

Comment

What have I not done?
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Done something to deal with the situation of medical care for your parents, in case they have a pre-existing condition, besides paying from your pocket.

Please do share if you have done something like that.

Comment

I would have done it there was any solution like that.

Don't I have relatives in India that have blood pressure or other medical problems? Wouldn't I want them to visit us?

In fact, I am U.S. citizen for a long time, would not I want them to immigrate to the U.S.? If there were any solution other than paying from my pocket, I would have done that long back.

Additionally, you are on H1 and that means, you are simply a temporary worker or guest in this country, yourself. You can't bring your parents as dependents to the U.S. They can visit only for a short term as tourist. There is no other option than to leave them in their country. It is a matter, not only from healthcare perspective, but also from immigration perspective. If you are so concerned about them, why don't you move back to your country and take care of them?
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Ok Narendra. Nobody can be sure about your questions like, "don't i have relatives in India with blood pressure, don't i want to visit them" - in my mind, you may or may not, I don't know - you tell me.

Again, this question is for everyone to share what are they doing in this situation, not just you.

Thanks for your input so far.

Comment

I wish you good luck.
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

Thanks.

I think you're saying there is no other option within US, and I understand that very well. This post is to ask if anyone has done something outside US... like possibly, working with a local doctor, moving to a country with open medical care laws and getting employment transfer, etc.

Since this thread has gone way off, I will create a separate post, and mark this unused.

Thanks.

Comment

You posted this question in the forum, 'Visitor Medical Insurance for USA'. Therefore, I have been answering from that perspective.

If your question is not related to medical insurance for visitors to USA, you should post them in a different category within this discussion forum, if such is available, but not in this forum, as it is not appropriate.
                    Thanks & Regards
                    Insubuy

Comment

Fine. I will move it elsewhere. If you already know a good place for this to live, please let me know.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X