No announcement yet.

Health Insurance while visiting the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Insurance while visiting the US?

Hello-

I am currently living in Australia on a 4 year 457 Visa (so not a permanent resident or eligible for Australian Medical Care). I'm visiting the US for two weeks and looking for short term medical coverage. Most travelers exclude you if it's your home country. Has anyone found companies that offer this?
    Last edited by ceci1073; 09-02-2021, 09:56 AM. Reason: Link

You can purchase Visitor medical insurance at https://www.insubuy.com/covid19-trav...cal-insurance/

This insurance provides coverage outside your country of residence. So if you are living in Australia for 4yrs your residence country is Australia for insurance purpose. This article might give you better understanding, https://www.insubuy.com/travel-insur...-visiting-usa/

You can also purchase domestic short term insurance plan at, https://www.insubuy.com/short-term-health-insurance/

Please contact our office at **(866)INSUBUY and any of our licensed agent can help you.

Insubuy Inc.
    Licensed agent
    www.insubuy.com
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Will the UK insurance cover any medical bills if I visit the US? I am sorry for such a stupid question but I have never ever traveled to the US and am just interested if I go there (it may happen in 6 month) what do I do with my health insurance I pay for in the UK. I found the most cheap one consulting with this company, but I don't think it covers anything abroad.
      Last edited by LucaLucas; 09-02-2021, 07:09 PM.

Comment

It depends your insurance what kind of benefit it provides outside UK.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Oh, a couple of months ago, I was also visiting the U.S. and looking for insurance. At that time, I could not find the right company and went without it, but later, when we went there again, I decided to turn to the Internet to solve this puzzle. And I came across top Medicare insurance carriers. I had a little chat with the manager, and she put me in touch with the person who makes the insurance contracts. We had a conversation. I explained the situation. After a short silence, this person offered me several insurance plans, and I could choose the one which suited me just fine. Fortunately, nothing happened when I traveled to the U.S. with this insurance, and I could safely drive home.
          Last edited by GordonFreeguy174; 07-11-2022, 11:51 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X