Visitor insurance for parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor insurance for parents

Hi - I am looking for visitors insurance for my mom and dad visiting us in Plano TX, they are 54 & 55 ages. Mom is healthy, dad had a hernia surgery 2 years back & no problem at all since then. they are visiting from Dec 21st to March 20th. Looking for a good insurance that covers wide range network ( pls suggest which network is the best)and hassle free claims, covers doctors or hospital visits including diagnostic tests, X rays etc .. what do you suggest? also what should be the coverage I should be looking for, please give any tips I should consider while purchasing insurance.

I need to purchase insurance asap,( what is better? purchasing prior to arrival or post arrival) hence I would appreciate If I get the reply soon. Thanks a ton

Thank you for your interest in purchasing visitors insurance for your parents.

Please look at Atlas America Insurance. I believe that it would be the most suitable. When you click on the link, it would describe you the different features you are looking for.

Even though $50,000 is the minimum policy maximum you can choose, it is advisable to choose $100,000 or higher as the medical expenses are very high in the U.S.

E.g., I personally know a person who got admitted into the hospital (Medical Center of Plano) for a pain, was operated (not a major surgery like heart surgery), was in hospital for 1.5 days. The bill = $44,000.

You can purchase either before or after their arrival. However, it is advisable to purchase it before their arrival and cover them during their travel also, just in case.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Atlas America

Just wanted to let you know, after much research, and many recommendations from friends and forums (including the personalized review from Narendra) I finally opted for Atlas America.

One thing is for sure, please do not buy Indian based insurance companies (like icici) just because your friend bought it or they are inexpensive. Take suggestions from friends who "filed claims and are satisfied" with it.

Praveen

Comment

Praveen,

Thank you for posting your valuable comments.

I hope you have purchased the insurance from https://www.insubuy.com Please confirm.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Hi

Hi Narendra,

While reviewing Atlas America I was in various sites and unintentionally purchased insurance for my mom (Manorama) from some other agent ...
          I felt bad after you asked this question, because you provided so much information in these forums which was of great use to me...
          So, after 1st month I cancelled the payment from the other agent(by cancelled I meant didnt made any further payments after first month's payment) and went ahead and purchased from Insubuy, and will continue to do so from this month onwards

Thanks again !!

Praveen
          Last edited by garnet81; 01-26-2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

There are many web sites that sell the same thing. There is no difference in the price but the primary difference is in the service, both before the purchase and after the purchase.

We are glad that you came back to us and bought the insurance from us.

If there is anything else that we can help you with, please feel free to contact us at any time.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X