Affidavit of Support
- Overall Process
- Submitting Affidavit of Support
- Exemptions and I-864W
- Sponsor Responsibilities/Obligations
- Country of Domicile
- Household Size
- Income Requirements
- I-864P - Poverty Guidelines
- Using Assets
- Federal Income Tax Documents
- I-864 Prepartion Checklist
- Joint Sponsor
- Substitute Sponsor
- I-864 EZ
I-864 EZ - Simpler Affidavit of Support
Form I-864 EZ is a shorter version of Form I-864 designed for those that meet certain criteria.
Form I-864 EZ can be used only if ALL following conditions apply:
- You are the person who filed or is filing the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for
a relative being sponsored;
- The relative you are sponsoring is the only person listed on the Form I-130 petition;
This can be true in all immediate relative petitions. This may be true in some preference-based categories if there are no dependents who are immigrating with or within 6 months of the sponsored immigrant.
- The income you are using to qualify is based entirely on your salary or pension and is shown on
one or more Forms W-2 provided by your employer(s) or former employer(s).
You are not eligible for Form I-864EZ if any of the following conditions apply:
The relative you are sponsoring is not the only person immigrating based upon the underlying visa petition; In other words, there are accompanying dependent (or derivative) family members
You filed or are filing a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, for the immigrant you are sponsoring;
You are a joint sponsor;
You are a "substitute sponsor" filing because the original I-130 petitioner has died;
The income you will be using to qualify comes from business.