A Form I-864 EZ is a shorter version of a Form I-864 designed for those that meet certain criteria.
A Form I-864 EZ can be used only if ALL of the following conditions apply:
- You are the person who filed or is filing the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for a relative being sponsored;
- The relative you are sponsoring is the only person listed on the Form I-130 petition;
This can be true in all immediate relative petitions. This may be true in some preference-based categories if there are no dependents who are immigrating with or within six months of the sponsored immigrant.
- The income you are using to qualify is based entirely on your salary or pension and is shown on one or more Forms W-2 provided by your employer(s) or former employer(s).
You are not eligible for a Form I-864 EZ if any of the following conditions apply:
- The relative you are sponsoring is not the only person immigrating based upon the underlying visa petition; In other words, there are accompanying dependent (or derivative) family members;
- You filed or are filing a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, for the immigrant you are sponsoring;
- You are a joint sponsor;
- You are a “substitute sponsor” filing because the original I-130 petitioner is dead;
- The income you will be using to qualify comes from your business.
Visitors InsuranceGet Quotes
For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.Visit insubuy.com or call 1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400
Why Purchase from Insubuy?Read Article
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?