Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
    OK! That's a good sign! Please call and ask what that action is. Ask for a level 2 or his/her supervisor.

Will do that, thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Riszo View Post
      The action on June 26, 2018, is not listed on my egov or dhs account... I only got the message via email.

I received same email with you, last took action on June 26, 2018, and there is no update. I don't know why I received this email.

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkDSM View Post
        I received same email with you, last took action on June 26, 2018, and there is no update. I don't know why I received this email.
        Because you have that option turned on. Look at your settings and notification options. You will see. It's the default.

Comment

• Calling Fellow Lurkers

Hello, hello, you helpful and reassuring creatures!

Long time lurker, first time poster, and fellow March 485 filer here. I am so happy for those of you who have gotten their green card approved already. So exciting! No such luck for me yet --- my field office is the DC branch and my wait time is looong. Funny, I thought of you guys today when I called USCIS. The agent said "wait times are long all around the country, it takes a year for anyone to get an interview for their 485" and I just smiled to myself and thought not my march immi friends. I know a bunch that are already set

And can you believe this thread is up to almost 70,000 views?! I saw that today and I felt motivated to finally open an account and call all fellow lurkers such as me to come out from the shadows and share their progress (or lack thereof?) as well. Where are my brothers and sisters with no news on their much-needed EAD? Those religiously checking the USCIS case status portal for any sort of "interview scheduled" update? Maybe I am just in search of not feeling so left-behind by my field office's slow review process, but I would love to commiserate with those of you that are still waiting for news.

I know I can't be the only one who has read all posts from a distance and secretly sulked in her own case's slow progress. Looking forward to reading y'alls wisdom.
          DC Field office filing of marriage based AOS. Timeline:

03/09/18 - I-485 & I-130 accepted (PD)
          04/06/18 - I-765 accepted (PD)
          04/06/18 - Biometrics appointment
          04/17/18 - Biometrics Review Completed
          07/03/18 - EAD expedite request submitted
          07/09/18 - Pink courtesy notice for I-693 medical
          07/10/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
          07/26/18 - Inquiry into EAD expedite, no update
          08/01/18 - EAD has been mailed
          08/27/18 - Interview scheduled e-notification

Comment

• Originally posted by Dandelion View Post

Long time lurker, first time poster, and fellow March 485 filer here. I am so happy for those of you who have gotten their green card approved already. So exciting! No such luck for me yet --- my field office is the DC branch and my wait time is looong. Funny, I thought of you guys today when I called USCIS. The agent said "wait times are long all around the country, it takes a year for anyone to get an interview for their 485" and I just smiled to myself and thought not my march immi friends. I know a bunch that are already set

And can you believe this thread is up to almost 70,000 views?! I saw that today and I felt motivated to finally open an account and call all fellow lurkers such as me to come out from the shadows and share their progress (or lack thereof?) as well. Where are my brothers and sisters with no news on their much-needed EAD? Those religiously checking the USCIS case status portal for any sort of "interview scheduled" update? Maybe I am just in search of not feeling so left-behind by my field office's slow review process, but I would love to commiserate with those of you that are still waiting for news.

I know I can't be the only one who has read all posts from a distance and secretly sulked in her own case's slow progress. Looking forward to reading y'alls wisdom.

Hey there! Your post is full of positivity which is really amazing!
            As for myself, unfortunately I don?t have my ead/ap yet. No news if when I?ll be getting it. Just waiting and hoping.
            Also my FO is SanFrancisco which has a long wait as well.
            Best wishes to every single one of us here.
            B2; AoS; Same-Sex Marriage:USC
            FO SanFrancisco

3/30/18 PD
            4/20/18 Received 4 letters
            5/04/18 Walk In Biometrics
            5/14/18 Status update-CaseTracker, "Ready to be scheduled for interview"
            9/08/18 New card being produced-CaseTracker
            9/11/18 EAD/AP approved-uscis.gov
            9/12/18 Received tracking number for EAD/AP card
            9/14/18 Received EAD/AP
            9/17/18 Received Social Sec card
            2/17/19 Traveled abroad
            3/04/19 Paroled back in country using EAD/AP
            3/11/19 Submitted renewal of EAD/AP

Comment

• Originally posted by longee94 View Post
              No, we left the interview at about 11 pm (25 mins after entering) and got the notice that "new card is being produced" at around 14:50. The interview was pretty simple, with it feeling more like a conversation then a interview. The IO was extremly freindly with us, making the interview seem more like a part of the process as opposed to something the process was contingent upon. . We suspect that the reason it wasn't approved on the spot was because he had to change our address in the USCIS system and he had a few cases to adjudicate.
              Thank you for your reply, I am hopeful the same happens to us when its our turn to interview. Congratulations again! :-)

Comment

I think you may just be scheduled for interview soon. The NBC prioritizes cases. For example: Houston cases often sit at the "fingerprint fee received" stage for a long time - a year or longer sometimes. Why? Because the Houston, TX field office is so backlogged that it does not make sense to work on those cases if they are gong to sit there for a year or longer anyway.

All the best,

USCFFS

Comment

• Hi there!!!

I also received the email "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time. We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on June 26, 2018."
                  Just called USCIS to know exactelly what action was taken and asked for a superviser when the guy said he could not give me that information.. Now I am waiting for them to call back because the waiting time was too long.
                  I even turned my ring tone on!!!!
                  Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
                  03/30/18: Package sent
                  04/02/18: PD
                  04/20/18: NoAs mail
                  05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
                  05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
                  05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
                  Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
                  09/29/18: SR
                  10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
                  10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
                  10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• Please let us know what they said. I got same email with the same date June 26... I don?t know if this is for 765 or 485. I?m one of those with a glitch error, but L2 said my case is in line for interview since 4/18....
                    Let?s hope for good news soon
                    Pd 3/9
                    QUOTE=Afrolinda;573503]Hi there!!!

I also received the email "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time. We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on June 26, 2018."
                    Just called USCIS to know exactelly what action was taken and asked for a superviser when the guy said he could not give me that information.. Now I am waiting for them to call back because the waiting time was too long.
                    I even turned my ring tone on!!!![/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
                      Hi there!!!

I even turned my ring tone on!!!!

Well acording to the second level person I spoke with, it just mean that the background check is not completed yet and until it is done the case won't move foward.
                      Marriage to USC - Concurrent filing + 1 Child
                      03/30/18: Package sent
                      04/02/18: PD
                      04/20/18: NoAs mail
                      05/07/18: Bio. done - Detroit F. O.
                      05/07/18: I-693 courtesy letter
                      05/08/18: Status change ??We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing your case??
                      Sept /18: "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" - on May 7... (crazy system)
                      09/29/18: SR
                      10/02/18: interview ready to be scheduled
                      10/03/18: interview scheduled (online)
                      10/09/18: Request for Initial Interview (mail) - 10/06

Comment

• I called L2 Officer today too and he couldn?t tell what this update exactly stand for june 26, but I have glitch error on 485 and he told me my case is I queue for interview. I asked is it iat field office already, he said most likely but not sure . He said your case is in queue for interview since 4/18 so should be at local office. I asked what about my 765? He hung up on me.... they?re deer ice is very poor... we can?t really get right answers.
                        zzzQUOTE=Afrolinda;573527]Well acording to the second level person I spoke with, it just mean that the background check is not completed yet and until it is done the case won't move foward. [/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
                          Well according to the second level person I spoke with, it just means that the background check is not completed yet and until it is done the case won't move forward.
                          I am in the same situation. I just called them up and they suggested me to get an info pass. In my case, I am a teacher and hiring season for teachers in NOW! If I don't get a job now, I will most likely be unemployed whole year ro try to survive with side jobs. Noone of the schools would provide me job offer as they don't want to take a risk. When I explained this, the officer suggested me to get an info pass and explain it in person to expedite EAD. Does anyone one have experince similar to mine? Do you think it is possiable to expedite EAD without a job offer?

Thank you
                          Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
                          03/27-2018 AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox.
                          03/30- confirmation of delivery to USCIS.
                          04/11- Four Email/Text notifications
                          04/11- cheques cashed
                          04/27- Biometrics appointment received.
                          04/27-Courtesy Letter-I-693
                          05/02- Biometrics walk-in
                          08/01- I-765 New Card being produced
                          08/03- We approved your case; I-765 & I-131
                          08/08-Combo Card received

Comment

• To Submit or not Submit extra proof?

Originally posted by BayAreaCaliAOS View Post
                            Hey there! Your post is full of positivity which is really amazing!
                            As for myself, unfortunately I don?t have my ead/ap yet. No news if when I?ll be getting it. Just waiting and hoping.
                            Also my FO is SanFrancisco which has a long wait as well.
                            Best wishes to every single one of us here.
                            Ha! Positivity is the best thing I can do to keep me going through my current limbo process. I also am anxiously working for my EAD because my current EAD (non-renewable under a different law) is expiring soon and I don't want to have to stop working. Are you also going for the expedited EAD process? I just started it and it has been so frustrating to try to get my employer to help me with a letter. I work for a super large US advisory firm and you would think they are used to issuing a simple letter saying that without an EAD I will have to go on unpaid leave and my work project will be affected, but it has unfortunately been like pulling teeth to get it. Debating sending my proof without the letter, but my request feels very weak with just a letter from me and a work verification letter saying I am in fact employed.

Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                            I think you may just be scheduled for interview soon. The NBC prioritizes cases. For example: Houston cases often sit at the "fingerprint fee received" stage for a long time - a year or longer sometimes. Why? Because the Houston, TX field office is so backlogged that it does not make sense to work on those cases if they are gong to sit there for a year or longer anyway.
                            Totally makes sense!

New Subject: How do you all feel about sending or bringing new proof of bonafide marriage to an interview when your case "feels" strong?

Here is my internal debate: In the past 5 months since we submitted our case, we have had life changes that only go further to prove our bonafide marriage. For example, we filed taxes together for the first time, we are now are under the same insurance plan, we filed health directives listing each other as decision makers after a scary doctor's visit, are now under the same cell plan, etc. Our original submission package was front-loaded with everything else you could think of (as a result of being together 6 years and the multiple bills we have together, trips, bank accounts, 401Ks, etc). I consider it to be a pretty strong case since we are so integrated in each other's lives.

So, I am wondering if it is worth mailing in the additional proof while I am awaiting an interview, or maybe bringing the extra new paperwork to the interview. I have read on this and the other threads how introducing new information can slow down the process since the officer has to adjudicate the new proof...but I am also torn because I don't believe they can have TOO much info. What would you guys do (or have done) in similar situations?

P.S. Forgive me if this has come up on another thread, I really struggle with the how hard the forum search feature is!
                            DC Field office filing of marriage based AOS. Timeline:

03/09/18 - I-485 & I-130 accepted (PD)
                            04/06/18 - I-765 accepted (PD)
                            04/06/18 - Biometrics appointment
                            04/17/18 - Biometrics Review Completed
                            07/03/18 - EAD expedite request submitted
                            07/09/18 - Pink courtesy notice for I-693 medical
                            07/10/18 - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview
                            07/26/18 - Inquiry into EAD expedite, no update
                            08/01/18 - EAD has been mailed
                            08/27/18 - Interview scheduled e-notification

Comment

Ha! Positivity is the best thing I can do to keep me going through my current limbo process. I also am anxiously working for my EAD because my current EAD (non-renewable under a different law) is expiring soon and I don't want to have to stop working. Are you also going for the expedited EAD process? I just started it and it has been so frustrating to try to get my employer to help me with a letter. I work for a super large US advisory firm and you would think they are used to issuing a simple letter saying that without an EAD I will have to go on unpaid leave and my work project will be affected, but it has unfortunately been like pulling teeth to get it. Debating sending my proof without the letter, but my request feels very weak with just a letter from me and a work verification letter saying I am in fact employed.

Totally makes sense!

New Subject: How do you all feel about sending or bringing new proof of bonafide marriage to an interview when your case "feels" strong?

Here is my internal debate: In the past 5 months since we submitted our case, we have had life changes that only go further to prove our bonafide marriage. For example, we filed taxes together for the first time, we are now are under the same insurance plan, we filed health directives listing each other as decision makers after a scary doctor's visit, are now under the same cell plan, etc. Our original submission package was front-loaded with everything else you could think of (as a result of being together 6 years and the multiple bills we have together, trips, bank accounts, 401Ks, etc). I consider it to be a pretty strong case since we are so integrated in each other's lives.

So, I am wondering if it is worth mailing in the additional proof while I am awaiting an interview, or maybe bringing the extra new paperwork to the interview. I have read on this and the other threads how introducing new information can slow down the process since the officer has to adjudicate the new proof...but I am also torn because I don't believe they can have TOO much info. What would you guys do (or have done) in similar situations?

P.S. Forgive me if this has come up on another thread, I really struggle with the how hard the forum search feature is!
                              If your case feels strong, I wouldn't send it as it may not make any difference to the case. You could ask the IO whom is adjudicating your case if he wants any extra evidence, but again if your case is strong they may not. Usually if they want extra evidence they will ask for it.

Comment

• Tier 2 officer said today, tools outage was to fix the glitch issues. Whoops apparently not totally. Its becoming clear they are limiting information flow for various classes of officers. Like tier2 could see my case was being looked at july-6th but couldnt see that it was transferred. Then he could see the main i485 was transferred.

Seems infopass is yet again best way to get answers.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X