Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March 2018 filers: let's share our experience!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dandelion View Post
    Ha! Positivity is the best thing I can do to keep me going through my current limbo process. I also am anxiously working for my EAD because my current EAD (non-renewable under a different law) is expiring soon and I don't want to have to stop working. Are you also going for the expedited EAD process? I just started it and it has been so frustrating to try to get my employer to help me with a letter. I work for a super large US advisory firm and you would think they are used to issuing a simple letter saying that without an EAD I will have to go on unpaid leave and my work project will be affected, but it has unfortunately been like pulling teeth to get it. Debating sending my proof without the letter, but my request feels very weak with just a letter from me and a work verification letter saying I am in fact employed.

Totally makes sense!

New Subject: How do you all feel about sending or bringing new proof of bonafide marriage to an interview when your case "feels" strong?

Here is my internal debate: In the past 5 months since we submitted our case, we have had life changes that only go further to prove our bonafide marriage. For example, we filed taxes together for the first time, we are now are under the same insurance plan, we filed health directives listing each other as decision makers after a scary doctor's visit, are now under the same cell plan, etc. Our original submission package was front-loaded with everything else you could think of (as a result of being together 6 years and the multiple bills we have together, trips, bank accounts, 401Ks, etc). I consider it to be a pretty strong case since we are so integrated in each other's lives.

So, I am wondering if it is worth mailing in the additional proof while I am awaiting an interview, or maybe bringing the extra new paperwork to the interview. I have read on this and the other threads how introducing new information can slow down the process since the officer has to adjudicate the new proof...but I am also torn because I don't believe they can have TOO much info. What would you guys do (or have done) in similar situations?

P.S. Forgive me if this has come up on another thread, I really struggle with the how hard the forum search feature is!
    It sounds like you sent your applications with plenty of evidence of bona fide marriage. I don?t think youneed to mail any additional evidence. I would just bring updated evidence; e.g., if you sent all bills up to January 2018, then bring February 2018 onward.

Comment

• USCIS email on 25th June

Originally posted by Afrolinda View Post
      Well acording to the second level person I spoke with, it just mean that the background check is not completed yet and until it is done the case won't move foward.
      So today I called USCIS to check about the "Last action taken on June 25th". They transferred my call to the L2 officer.
      He said it was the background check and it has come through clear.
      When I asked him about EAD, he said someone audited the case once on July 3rd and once today. He also said 'Audited' means the adjudicating officer opened the case, and that he has no visibility to what was exactly done with the case.

Any idea/ insights on whats happening?

Comment

• Originally posted by restle View Post
        So today I called USCIS to check about the "Last action taken on June 25th". They transferred my call to the L2 officer.
        When I asked him about EAD, he said someone audited the case once on July 3rd and once today. He also said 'Audited' means the adjudicating officer opened the case, and that he has no visibility to what was exactly done with the case.

You are 2-4 weeks away...also now is the time to push an expedite if you got a good reason.

Comment

• Portland, OR March filing 2018

Hi all, sharing my timeline

PD March 26

Comment

• Portland, OR March filing 2018

Hi all, sharing my timeline

I had my interview yesterday, and I am in complete shock that it took me only 4 months from filing to getting the GC! May be Portland office is not as busy as others? I don't know.

I was here on H1B for 5 years and applied for GC after marrying an American citizen. Applied concurrently

PD March 26 2018
            Bio April 26
            Interview scheduled May 31
            Interview July 10th Approved on the spot
            (never got EAD)

Interview lasted about 40 min, I was asked the usual-- birthday, work, yes/no questions for the first 15 min and the second part was for both my husband and I. Questions included: where and how did you meet? We went on a loooooooong conversation , ended up just opening the photo album and explaining all the pics for the 4 years. He asked who cooks in our family, plans for future, how we spend our weekends and that's about it. It was very informal and friendly.

Good luck everyone!!!!! Let me know if you have any questions

Comment

What state are you filing from?

Comment

• Portland, OR Interview and APPROVAL

Hello fellow filers!
                This has been such an exciting morning for my husband and me. Our interview took place at the Portland (OR) field office. It was scheduled for 7:45 AM and we got there by 7:20 AM. Waited for our turn for quite some time. While waiting we saw that all the couples there had a lawyer with them and we were one of the few couples that did not have one with us, that was a little anxiety provoking but I am also a very anxious person (haha). We finally went into the interview at around 8 AM.

The interview was so casual and more like a conversation. The first thing he did was make us take an oath and then proceeded to cross check my name, DoB, place of birth, last date I entered the US and on what visa (F1) and some questions from the back of the i-485 application. He took the i-693 form in the sealed envelope and went through it real quick to make sure everything was in order. He asked me what my degree was in (doctorate in clinical psychology) and when I was going to graduate (August 2018). He then said that he already had a pretty good sense of our relationship and that put us at ease. He was very friendly and proceeded to ask how and when we met (Hubby said July of 2015 and I corrected him and said January of 2015, the officer had a good laugh at this interaction), what we did on our first date, and whether he took any trips together while we were dating. While we were answering we showed him a number of photos in our album and he asked questions about where it was taken and what the occasion was. He didn't keep any of the photos, but he did ask whether we wanted to provide more proof of our relationship. We gave him the following documents:

Transcript of 2017 tax returns
                Car registration with both our names as joint owners
                Car insurance with both our names
                401K beneficiary proof from both our jobs
                New upcoming lease agreement with both our names

I was going to provide him with a lot more proof but he stopped me and said that he feels really good about our case. He mentioned that he had 2 more interviews for the day but he has approved us (!!!!!!!!!!) and the green card will arrive in the mail in the next 1 or 2 weeks (!!!!!). He then explained the process to remove the conditions on the green card. The whole interview lasted about 20 mins.

I thank you all so sincerely. We were able to do everything ourselves and not use a lawyer all thanks to you lovely people and the help and support we received here. My one advice would be to just be your authentic self in the interview and don't worry about it. I felt like they he had already made a decision on the authenticity of our relationship before the interview. Just have faith in the process and it will work out in our favor. My best wishes and thoughts for everyone waiting. I will be happy to provide answers to any questions you guys may have. Thank you again!
                Initial application sent to: National Benefits Center
                Field Office: Portland, OR

Application sent: 03/24/18
                Application received (PD): 03/28/18
                Electronic notification of receipt: 04/11/18
                Received NoA1 in mail: 04/20/18
                Bio-metrics appointment notice in mail: 04/27/18
                Courtesy letter for i-693: 04/27/18
                Interview scheduled (Email and text update): 6/4/18:
                Notice to appear for initial interview received in mail: 6/9/18
                Interview Completed- (APPROVED ON THE SPOT!) : 7/12/18

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarvis_protocol View Post
                  What state are you filing from?
                  California. Field Office: San Jose
                  EB1B filing

Comment

I called USCIS today again.
                    They confirmed the same thing. On June 25th, the background verification was done.
                    However, today he also mentioned that 'no officer has been assigned on the case yet' and after it gets assigned to an officer, it would take 2-4 weeks for approval.

Comment

I called USCIS today again.
                      They confirmed the same thing. On June 25th, the background verification was done.
                      However, today he also mentioned that 'no officer has been assigned on the case yet' and after it gets assigned to an officer, it would take 2-4 weeks for approval.
                      USCIS is so weird! Yesterday they tell me there is no officer assigned to the case and today there is a status change.

Phew!!
                      Woke up to EAD status change today: "Card/Document Production" for both primary and dependent.
                      Update is available only on old website and there are no changes in the new website.

A big relief!

Comment

USCIS is so weird! Yesterday they tell me there is no officer assigned to the case and today there is a status change.

Phew!!
                        Woke up to EAD status change today: "Card/Document Production" for both primary and dependent.
                        Update is available only on old website and there are no changes in the new website.

A big relief!
                        Wow Congrats, what is your priority date?
                        Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.
                        03/30/2018 - PD
                        04/11/2018 - Four Email/Text notifications 10 am saying case has been sent to NBC.
                        04/27/2018 - biometrics appointment received / courtesy letter for medical received.05/07/2018 - Biometrics done.
                        05/09/2018 - status update on egov.uscis.gov, "fingerprint review was completed". ( 5 am EST)
                        05/21/2018 - status update to "ready to be scheduled for an interview"
                        09/15/2018 - status changed for i765 and i130, "Case is Approved"

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeanddream View Post
                          Wow Congrats, what is your priority date?
                          I-140 applied under EB1B with a priority date of December 8th 2017. Got approved in May.

For I-485:
                          When Package sent to USCIS : 27 March 2018
                          When Package received by USCIS : 28 March 2018
                          Which Service Center reviewing : MSC
                          When Physical Notices mailed : 04/19/2018
                          When FingerPrint notice sent : 04/27/2018
                          When FingerPrint notice scheduled : 05/10/2018
                          When AP/EAD approval : 07/13/2018

Comment

• Time Gap between USCIS Status Change to Receipt of Paper NOA

Hello everyone,

Is there anyone who could share how long it took between the time they got a case status change (i.e. I-485, ready to be scheduled for interview) to actually receiving a paper notice of action (for the interview appointment)?
                            It seems that the progress for the interview is going faster than getting an EAD/AP issued from USCIS.
                            I have requested assistance from our US congresswoman (District 7) but no change in case information yet.

AOS c(9) married to USC
                            Seattle, WA
                            Concurrent Filing: I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131, I-864 and I-693
                            Chicago Lockbox
                            PD: 03/22/2018
                            National Benefits Center
                            RD: 04/06/2018
                            BIOMETRICS: 4/27/2018
                            RFE: 06/11/2018
                            RFE Received by USCIS: 06//21/2018
                            Last Update Online: 07/02/2018 - "case is now ready to be scheduled for interview"

Comment

• Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
                              Hello everyone,

Is there anyone who could share how long it took between the time they got a case status change (i.e. I-485, ready to be scheduled for interview) to actually receiving a paper notice of action (for the interview appointment)?
                              It seems that the progress for the interview is going faster than getting an EAD/AP issued from USCIS.
                              I have requested assistance from our US congresswoman (District 7) but no change in case information yet.

AOS c(9) married to USC
                              Seattle, WA
                              Concurrent Filing: I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131, I-864 and I-693
                              Chicago Lockbox
                              PD: 03/22/2018
                              National Benefits Center
                              RD: 04/06/2018
                              BIOMETRICS: 4/27/2018
                              RFE: 06/11/2018
                              RFE Received by USCIS: 06//21/2018
                              Last Update Online: 07/02/2018 - "case is now ready to be scheduled for interview"
                              Yes, there are people who've gotten their green cards in 90 days. That's not the norm. There was a glitch. Several field offices skipped from 2017 cases and started processing cases filed in January 2018. This went on for several months. It may still be going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by UScitizenFilingforspouse View Post
                                Yes, there are people who've gotten their green cards in 90 days. That's not the norm. There was a glitch. Several field offices skipped from 2017 cases and started processing cases filed in January 2018. This went on for several months. It may still be going on.
                                Thanks for the response. Any idea what's the time range between getting a "case is ready for interview schedule" to actually getting the NOA?

Cheers!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X