X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftsoh
    replied
    Originally posted by gaps0214 View Post
    B_Andie ftsoh thank you both for your updates, we are of course having a bad case of the nerves which is probably unnecessary im posting our Table of Contents for the documents we plan to bring on Monday in case you have any suggestions, I am obviously fishing for some more confidence-boosting comments which is really being silly but if you do I would appreciate it
    I think you had prepared more documents than I do. Just make sure you do not miss anything in the interview letter and you should be good. They only asked two things from us (latest tax return and supporting documents to proof our relationship). They did not ask for anything that we submitted in the I-485 application. However, your interviewer may ask for more documents, so who knows? Good luck to you!

By the way, I received email last night stating the card is being produced.
    Last edited by ftsoh; 09-07-2019, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    B_Andie ftsoh thank you both for your updates, we are of course having a bad case of the nerves which is probably unnecessary im posting our Table of Contents for the documents we plan to bring on Monday in case you have any suggestions, I am obviously fishing for some more confidence-boosting comments which is really being silly but if you do I would appreciate it

Leave a comment:

• B_Andie
    replied
    Originally posted by ftsoh View Post

Thanks gaps0214 Good luck with your interview next week too.
    We have a personal friend (also in Seattle) who got approved on the spot a year or two ago. However, since I read a few cases that weren't, we are prepared for this situation. Just hope the review won't take too long. Wonder if this had become the norm these days.
    I read online from lawyers advice that this has become the new trend nowadays. They are not approving on the spot and most likely our cases are passing another check after the interview.

Leave a comment:

• B_Andie
    replied

BIG CONGRATULATIONS B_Andie let us know when you get your GC.

Thank you for writing back in the forum about your interview. It does help to anticipate scenarios based on other's experiences. And while we wont mind a stern and straight forward immigration officer, we will be ready to be calm and friendly.

Cheers.
    You are welcome!
    So I review the case app and my case was approved on the same day of the interview but it was only updated in the system a day after.

I recommend you to to be straightforward with your interview and ask after the interview what are the next steps. I told her we want to take vacations in November and she said “ I will review yourcase, and if approved you should hear from us by end of week”. I read online that some interviewers say “I don’t see why I would not approve this” so make sure you ask so you leave with peace

Leave a comment:

• ftsoh
    replied

ftsoh thank you for writing back in the forum, looks like a cookie cutter kind of interview, pretty standard, and I wouldn't worry much, your lawyer said it went well, so I'm sure you will be receiving some good news down the pike. Have a great weekend!
    Cheers.
    Thanks gaps0214 Good luck with your interview next week too.
    We have a personal friend (also in Seattle) who got approved on the spot a year or two ago. However, since I read a few cases that weren't, we are prepared for this situation. Just hope the review won't take too long. Wonder if this had become the norm these days.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by B_Andie View Post

the reason I got was “case under review”. I thought it was crazy and felt sad we were not approved on the spot...but few hours after posting this I got a message saying that my card is in production ????.

for the medical exam I thought I had to get a new one but the lawyer told me that if they needed one USCIS would send a doc requesting it before the interview . I didn’t get it so I went to the interview assuming mine was ok.

The Uscis agent was not friendly; very straightforward. So she asked how we met, how was the first date, where we live now, what was my job, if I was still working, asked to check some pictures. We had over 20 pics with family and friends and based on hair styles and weight you could see this was for the last 5 years or so and in different cities.
    then the yes/no questions and finally confirmed some information.
    I felt bad after the interview because I had way more evidence and because of the situation I forgot to share it. Interesting thing this person didn’t care about my husbands paystubs...he only wanted to see mine..and information about our joint account and expenses...

anyways, I am happy this chapter is closed. Thanks for the support ????
    BIG CONGRATULATIONS B_Andie let us know when you get your GC.

Thank you for writing back in the forum about your interview. It does help to anticipate scenarios based on other's experiences. And while we wont mind a stern and straight forward immigration officer, we will be ready to be calm and friendly.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by ftsoh View Post
    We had our interview yesterday. We and our lawyer thought it went well. We were asked about our personal information (name, address, DOB, place of birth, job, etc...) as well as those YES/NO questions on I-485. Other than that, we were also asked how we first met, when we decided to get serious get married, and how the marriage is proposed.

The interviewer only asked for our latest tax return and documents that substantiate our relationship. We submitted our joint phone bill, credit card image, photos taken together, travel itinerary, and insurance statements in addition to the joint tax return.

We were not approved on the spot. We just received an email stating our case "must be reviewed".
    ftsoh thank you for writing back in the forum, looks like a cookie cutter kind of interview, pretty standard, and I wouldn't worry much, your lawyer said it went well, so I'm sure you will be receiving some good news down the pike. Have a great weekend!
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• ftsoh
    replied
    We had our interview yesterday. We and our lawyer thought it went well. We were asked about our personal information (name, address, DOB, place of birth, job, etc...) as well as those YES/NO questions on I-485. Other than that, we were also asked how we first met, when we decided to get serious get married, and how the marriage is proposed.

The interviewer only asked for our latest tax return and documents that substantiate our relationship. We submitted our joint phone bill, credit card image, photos taken together, travel itinerary, and insurance statements in addition to the joint tax return.

We were not approved on the spot. We just received an email stating our case "must be reviewed".

Leave a comment:

• B_Andie
    replied
    Originally posted by vv123 View Post

What does "reason for continuance" mean?

BTW, for the i693, did you asked your lawyer wether you need to re-do the test again? My PD is also more than one year ago.

the reason I got was “case under review”. I thought it was crazy and felt sad we were not approved on the spot...but few hours after posting this I got a message saying that my card is in production ????.

for the medical exam I thought I had to get a new one but the lawyer told me that if they needed one USCIS would send a doc requesting it before the interview . I didn’t get it so I went to the interview assuming mine was ok.

The Uscis agent was not friendly; very straightforward. So she asked how we met, how was the first date, where we live now, what was my job, if I was still working, asked to check some pictures. We had over 20 pics with family and friends and based on hair styles and weight you could see this was for the last 5 years or so and in different cities.
    then the yes/no questions and finally confirmed some information.
    I felt bad after the interview because I had way more evidence and because of the situation I forgot to share it. Interesting thing this person didn’t care about my husbands paystubs...he only wanted to see mine..and information about our joint account and expenses...

anyways, I am happy this chapter is closed. Thanks for the support ????

Leave a comment:

• vv123
    replied
    Originally posted by B_Andie View Post
    Yesterday we had our interview and we received a “reason for continuance” paper.

I am kinda confuse as the interviewer m said that we should have an update by the end of the week. So far nothing
    What does "reason for continuance" mean?

BTW, for the i693, did you asked your lawyer wether you need to re-do the test again? My PD is also more than one year ago.

Leave a comment:

• B_Andie
    replied
    Yesterday we had our interview and we received a “reason for continuance” paper.

I am kinda confuse as the interviewer m said that we should have an update by the end of the week. So far nothing

Leave a comment:

• Dorothyguenther
    replied
    Originally posted by vv123 View Post

If your husband feels good I think it will be fine. They might just need more time to check something.

BTW, may I ask why she needed to review your Affidavit of Support application again ? Did you change your support status and what supporting documents you bring for it? Did she asked for more supporting documents? Since our supporting status also changed,I am concerned about that.

For the criminal activities, did she only ask about you or both of you? Since my spouse has been arrested but dismissed later. I don't know if we need to prepare anything?

Thank you!
    vv123 she said the reason she needed to review the Affidavit of Support was because I sent in a new Affidavit of Support a year ago after I got my new position at work. Which makes no sense to me since Seattle did not have his file at that time. But it is what it is. Also I remember her saying that the doctor who performed the medical exam has been revoked and she has to look into that because if he was revoked before we got our exam it will be invalid. As far as the criminal activity questions those are only asked to the Immigrant. They are the same ones that are on the application. Best of luck on your upcoming interview.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by Dorothyguenther View Post

B_Andie gaps0214 ftsoh thank you all for the well wishes. I will trust my husbands judgement. I just don't read people well I guess. They didn't ask any unusual questions. They just asked how and when we met, why we decided to get married, why we didn't apply for the K1 visa (had approved tourist visa already when we were married), asked about our kids (we both have kids from previous relationships), asked about jobs, where we live and all of the questions on the app about criminal activity. She never looked at any documents we brought and did not want to see originals. She took our copies and the pics I had printed (all stored in our phones lol) and said she would review them and make her determination. Praying for the best now. This forum has made this process so much better and I appreciate you all. I will keep you posted. Good luck to you all as well and hoping you get instant approval.
    Dorothyguenther thank you for the good wishes.
    I am also praying you get your concerns sorted out soon with the immigration interview. I'm pretty sure there is nothing to worry about.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• gaps0214
    replied
    Originally posted by nana.p View Post
    My PD is 10/01/2018, when do you guys think my interview is gonna take place? Im asking because I just started a new job in July and I'm planning vacation on October but if there's a chance I'll have my interview before the year ends, I'll have to cancel my trip
    nana.p its quite difficult to estimate the time you’ll be called to interview, but when it does come and in conflict with your booked travel schedule your choices are quite clear, either reschedule the interview or cancel your trip (which i hope is rebookable), the Seattle FO processing times does not always reflect the published times in the website
    Hope this helps your concern.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X