I 485 denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Margo27 View Post
    He is married to us citizen so staying without authorization wont be a problem i guess
    Just being married to a USC does not give you authorization to stay. A filed I485 is what gives you authorization.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC/She View Post

18-24 months it’s a very long time for appeal!!!
      Filling a New AOS it’s a costly too.
      He does not need a lawyer if he know how to fill up all forms.
      Truth is... would he be in this predicament if the forms were filled out correctly the first time?

Comment

Originally posted by Trini0616 View Post

Truth is... would he be in this predicament if the forms were filled out correctly the first time?

The forms were filled out ok. What are you referring to ?

Comment

So final conclusion for denial for I 485 if i get this right is, " because I 130 was denied as he could not establish viability as an immediate relative of a USC so I 485 got denied and this maybe be because they still had her as an LPR while adjudicating I 130?"
          Sacramento, CA
          11/22/19 Package sent I 485, [Chicago LockBox). I 130 already filed August 1st( August 8th Priority date)
          11/29/19 Card ran by USCIS for $1225
          12/13/19 Notice for Biomterics appt.
          12/23/19 Biometrics
          1/31/2020 Yellow RFIE in mail(missing Birth certificate)
          2/5/2020 RFIE received at USCIS
          2/14/20 Received I 693 courtesy letter
          2/14/20 ready to be scheduled intervw
          08/31/20 EAD /SSC
          09/03/21 Notice for biometrics appointment I 130 USC
          10/04/21 Case actively being reviewed

Comment

Originally posted by JaydenDad View Post
            So final conclusion for denial for I 485 if i get this right is, " because I 130 was denied as he could not establish viability as an immediate relative of a USC so I 485 got denied and this maybe be because they still had her as an LPR while adjudicating I 130?"
            I was thinking something like that as well. But i also think might be lawyers mistake idk something got really mixed up there
            Nashville, NBC
            AOS concurrent filling marriage to USC
            Sent USPS express mail on November 14th
            Received November 15th
            Received text notifications November 20th
            Card charged November 20th
            Received paper notifications November 29th
            Biometrics done December 17th
            No activity since then

Comment

I was thinking something like that as well. But i also think might be lawyers mistake idk something got really mixed up there
              .... It's always nice to know the exact cause of an issue, especially complicated and life concerning issues such as these!
              Sacramento, CA
              11/22/19 Package sent I 485, [Chicago LockBox). I 130 already filed August 1st( August 8th Priority date)
              12/23/19 Biometrics
              08/31/20 EAD /SSC

Comment

Originally posted by Trini0616 View Post

Exactly. That why I have my copy with me.
                His I-130 might have a mistakes or they missed documents!
                I will advice to him to go to other place. Some place like an agency can help him to check a form for less money then a lawyer or non profit organizatorom for free.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC/She View Post

Exactly. That why I have my copy with me.
                  His I-130 might have a mistakes or they missed documents!
                  I will advice to him to go to other place. Some place like an agency can help him to check a form for less money then a lawyer or non profit organizatorom for free.
                  I think you all are forgetting that they had their in-person interview, which means none of the LPR vs USC issue is an confusion to USCIS. They would have been asked to supply additional evidence before being scheduled interview, and/or requested to see proof of citizenship at the interview if USCIS was confused about it. The simple explanation is that USCIS had questions about the legitimacy of the marriage after interview and rejected the application based on that.

Belaw24 could you please tell us what happened at your interview, as well what supporting documents your submitted/brought to the interview?

Comment

Originally posted by drbonus View Post

I think you all are forgetting that they had their in-person interview, which means none of the LPR vs USC issue is an confusion to USCIS. They would have been asked to supply additional evidence before being scheduled interview, and/or requested to see proof of citizenship at the interview if USCIS was confused about it. The simple explanation is that USCIS had questions about the legitimacy of the marriage after interview and rejected the application based on that.

Belaw24 could you please tell us what happened at your interview, as well what supporting documents your submitted/brought to the interview?
                    The interview was fine. We made mistakes in two parts but overall it was not bad. The peculiar thing during the interview was the interviewer said he didn't have our files from USCIS so he was going off the answers we gave him. He was writing down whatever we answered. He said it happens sometimes and some interviewers postpone a scheduled interview for this reason. My attorney also told us the same thing. But the interviewer insisted it was no big deal and we did the interview. Separated us from the start. He started with my wife, 45 minutes, then my turn like 25 minutes. Very rigorous. He was stern but fair. Never felt like we made any huge mistake that would jeopardize our case. He did tell us however he would have liked more evidence, however they tell everyone that. We had tons of evidence: lease, bank accounts, photos, utility bills, correspondences, photos, etc. He asked for some documents and my attorney said he can get it.

Why did it say our case was denied on the basis of our I-130 petition being rejected instead of rejection being based on adjustment interview misgivings they had as you state ?

Comment

.... It's always nice to know the exact cause of an issue, especially complicated and life concerning issues such as these!
                      That is exactly right. Peace of mind comes from knowing exactly why you were denied. I might not have much chance in my appeal but at least I know where we exactly there was a screw up.

Comment

Your lawyer might be hiding fact that he did have mail from uscis
                        Nashville, NBC
                        Received November 15th
                        No activity since then

Comment

Your lawyer might be hiding fact that he did have mail from uscis
                          Why would he do that ?

I would have received mail from the USCIS if he received one.

I have an account with the USCIS and I have signed up for informed delivery so I won't miss mail.

Comment

I dont know you said he doesnt like you? I have no clue. Ive heard of uscis sending mail only to lawyers before but everybodys different case so who knows what happened
                            Nashville, NBC
                            Received November 15th
                            No activity since then

Comment

I dont know you said he doesnt like you? I have no clue. Ive heard of uscis sending mail only to lawyers before but everybodys different case so who knows what happened
                              That would be malpractice of the highest degree..... I doubt a professional lawyer would do that to a paying client no matter how much they dislike them. My lawyers seemed to have an attitude with us also, wife went bad on them(after messing up some paperwork). Just wanna get this over and done with so we can live life
                              Sacramento, CA
                              12/23/19 Biometrics
                              08/31/20 EAD /SSC

Comment

That would be malpractice of the highest degree..... I doubt a professional lawyer would do that to a paying client no matter how much they dislike them. My lawyers seemed to have an attitude with us also, wife went bad on them(after messing up some paperwork). Just wanna get this over and done with so we can live life
                                I dont think i trust that lawyer at all and of all the scammers out there im thinking everything is possible...im just very extra cautios
                                Nashville, NBC
                                Received November 15th
                                No activity since then

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X