March 202 filers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many thanks, I appreciate it!

We do not have any kids yet and on all forms, the number of household members was 2 - myself and spouse. And yes, the most recent year, as well as that of the last 5 years, are each more than the $21,550.

I'd look into the "britsimonsays" page and possibly talk to a lawyer as well.

In any case, I am thinking I may have to resend ALL tax documentation for the most recent 3 years.

Many thanks.

I'd keep y'all posted.

Originally posted by RYAN923 View Post

I’m sorry about your situation. I have not had such experience, but I think you should counter check the copies of your forms filled.
    Is your spouse’s most recent (2019) 1040/tax return equal to or more then $21,550? If that is so as you’ve said, I would suggest you check how many children and dependents of your household you mentioned on your I-485, I864 and I-944 and how many kids your spouse has or filled on her 2019 tax return.
    I also suggest that you go over the entire information on your I-944 because that’s a major prerequisite to the affidavit of support.

As for me, my household size is 3 and my spouse’s 2019 1040/tax return could sponsor up to 5 persons and I didn’t get any “REF” about my I-864/I-944 except for the reminder of my I-693 (Medical)

Your issue is crucial and I suggest you seek advice from this guy’s page, “britsimonsays” he has helped lot of DV applicants including me, free of charge. Sign up and ask your question clearly, and I’m sure he’ll reply you. His page is mostly about DV lottery, but try and see.
    Last edited by aph; 05-08-2020, 01:34 PM.
    Mar/25 => Application sent to Chicago lockbox
    22 <= 4 I-797Cs received by mail
    57 <= Courtesy letter for I-693 received
    129 <= Bio appointment for Aug/13
    159 <= Interview scheduled for Oct/6
    165 <= New card being produced
    169 <= I765&I131 approved
    196 <= New card being produced
    197 <= Card mailed
    Oct/10 = 2yr GC in hand
    Aug/18 = I-751 applied
    Aug/15 = I-751 approved
    Aug/18 = 10yr GC in hand
    Oct/20 = N400 Interview and Oath ceremony

Comment

• So it appears when we submitted the original application, we only submitted the IRS transcript tax returns and not the supporting documents (W-2s, etc...). So we’re making arrangements to submit all supporting tax documents as response to the RFIE.

Thanks.

Originally posted by aph View Post
      Many thanks, I appreciate it!

We do not have any kids yet and on all forms, the number of household members was 2 - myself and spouse. And yes, the most recent year, as well as that of the last 5 years, are each more than the $21,550.

I'd look into the "britsimonsays" page and possibly talk to a lawyer as well.

In any case, I am thinking I may have to resend ALL tax documentation for the most recent 3 years.

Many thanks.

I'd keep y'all posted.

197 <= Card mailed
      Oct/10 = 2yr GC in hand
      Aug/18 = I-751 applied
      Aug/15 = I-751 approved
      Aug/18 = 10yr GC in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by aph View Post
        So it appears when we submitted the original application, we only submitted the IRS transcript tax returns and not the supporting documents (W-2s, etc...). So we’re making arrangements to submit all supporting tax documents as response to the RFIE.

Thanks.

Okay, that’s great that you found the solution, so please handle it ASAP.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I have a question, my AOS package got returned cause of outdated i-485 and they opened my I-693 medical exam. Do I need a new medical exam and to fill all the other papers again or I can just send it back with the updated I-485 and the same rest of papers.

Comment

B2 Filed family/based I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-864, I-944

Day 1 - Application made
            Day 2- Application received
            Day 16 - Check cashed
            Day 19 - Text messages received
            Day 21 - Hard paper I-797C receipts received

Questions: During this COVID-19, do y'all think biometric appointment notices would be received soon?

Can someone confirm (with references where possible) that legal status remains intact after submitting the AOS application?
            Hi aph,

I have couple of questions on I-944. Since your application is B2-Family Based which i am applying for my parents also. Here are the question i have. If you can answer atleast some of them that will help me to proceed to complete the forms.

1. Part2 --> Family status ( Your Household) . Did you include yourself as a part of Household.
            2. Part3 --> 1. if you have included your self in Part2. I assume you have include yourself in this section and declare Total-Income. ?
            2. For your parents did you select Not required to File tax return ? What reason did you provide for the Explanation for Not FIling.
            3. Does any of your parents have Retirement Income outside USA ? If yes Which section did you provide that info.
            4. Part 3--> Section 9 --> If you declared any Assets ? what kind of documentation was provided ?
            5. Part 3--> Section 11 --> If you selected "NO" . Were you able to get report or letter from credit agencies that tells the parents doesn't have credit score.
            6. Part4 --> Section3 --> Education --> If your parents have Degree Certificates , Do you have get Education evaluation for Equivalency to US degree ?

Thanks

Comment

• Hello RSM,

I hope this helps:

1. Yes, I included myself as part of the household in Part 2.
              2. That is correct!
              2b. Selected not required to file tax return and the reason provided was "For a greater part of the tax year 2019, [the applicant] stayed and worked in [home country] and appropriately paid and filled taxes in [home country]. As a result, [the applicant] was not required to file a federal individual income tax return with the USA government". We included evidence of tax filled in home country.
              3. My parents do have retirement income but because the qualifying income is higher than the required, I didn't include any retirement income.
              4. N/A as I didn't declare any assets.
              5. From my experience, we added the applicant to our credit card and got a report to cover that. Where that is impossible to do/get, I have read on this platform and others that you may send a request to Annualcreditreport and usually, they may respond that not enough information provided to generate a credit report. Then if the applicant has credit from their home country you may add a credit report from that home country as well. My case was different tho.
              6. Yes, we got an education evaluation for equivalency to a US degree.

Thank you and I wish you well.

Originally posted by rsm1444 View Post

Hi aph,

I have couple of questions on I-944. Since your application is B2-Family Based which i am applying for my parents also. Here are the question i have. If you can answer atleast some of them that will help me to proceed to complete the forms.

1. Part2 --> Family status ( Your Household) . Did you include yourself as a part of Household.
              2. Part3 --> 1. if you have included your self in Part2. I assume you have include yourself in this section and declare Total-Income. ?
              2. For your parents did you select Not required to File tax return ? What reason did you provide for the Explanation for Not FIling.
              3. Does any of your parents have Retirement Income outside USA ? If yes Which section did you provide that info.
              4. Part 3--> Section 9 --> If you declared any Assets ? what kind of documentation was provided ?
              5. Part 3--> Section 11 --> If you selected "NO" . Were you able to get report or letter from credit agencies that tells the parents doesn't have credit score.
              6. Part4 --> Section3 --> Education --> If your parents have Degree Certificates , Do you have get Education evaluation for Equivalency to US degree ?

Thanks
              Last edited by aph; 05-11-2020, 12:41 PM.
              197 <= Card mailed
              Oct/10 = 2yr GC in hand
              Aug/18 = I-751 applied
              Aug/15 = I-751 approved
              Aug/18 = 10yr GC in hand

Comment

• Originally posted by rsm1444 View Post

Hi aph,

Thanks
                Hey I would like to give you some information based on my application. Even it's married to USC case, I hope you find something similar.
                1. Yes. My husband and I include both of us in the Household part.
                2. Yes, we have to declare our income.
                2. It depends on their current situation and the income tax law in your home country. I was F-1 visa filing 8843 form, even I am not required to file tax return, I still submitted Form 8843 along with my I-944.
                4. We declared my husband's house. We submitted property tax statement. If you have cars, proof of insurance should be good. I do not prefer submitting house's title or car's title.
                5. Yes, you can contact credit agency (I used Experian to pull my report) to get a letter saying that your parents don't have credit score.
                6. Yes, I used WES for education evaluation. It costed me $250.
                03/24/2020: Sent package to USCIS.
                03/25/2020: Package received by USCIS.
                04/14/2020: 4 text messages received and checks cashed.
                04/23/2020: 4 NOAs received in mail.
                08/17/2020: Biometrics Appointment letter received in mail for 08/25.
                08/25/2020: Fingerprints taken and applied to I-765 and I-485.
                09/01/2020: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
                09/08/2020: New card is being produced.
                09/11/2020: I-765 and I-131 were approved and mailed.
                09/16/2020: Combo card in hand.

Comment

• Thanks aph and ldinh91 for taking time and answering the questions. I appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Comment

• I got a letter today from uscis but don’t know whats in it
                    i am out of town and going back to town on monday
                    Neither get any update that they sent any rfe
                    dont know what in the letter
                    March 23- sent package to chicago lockbox
                    March24- package received by Chicago lockbox
                    March 25- Priority Date
                    April 14- NOAs received
                    May 9- letter for missing I-693
                    Aug 1- biometric appointment letter received
                    Aug 12- biometric appointment day
                    Aug 17 - I-765 card is being produced
                    Aug 18- I-765 case approved
                    Aug-24 GOT Social Security CARD
                    Aug 25- EAD card mailed
                    Aug 28- Got EAD card in hand

Comment

• aph , RYAN923

Since you are getting I-693 reminders or RFEs, that means USCIS is reviewing your applicaiton without waiting for your biometric, right?

Comment

• I think it is fair to assume so.

[Can't be 100 right tho]

Originally posted by odobo View Post
                        aph , RYAN923

Since you are getting I-693 reminders or RFEs, that means USCIS is reviewing your applicaiton without waiting for your biometric, right?
                        197 <= Card mailed
                        Oct/10 = 2yr GC in hand
                        Aug/18 = I-751 applied
                        Aug/15 = I-751 approved
                        Aug/18 = 10yr GC in hand

Comment

• Caliwale if you readily have your receipt number, you can track the status of your application to know the "type" of communication USCIS is sending your way.

Just in case you didn't know already, you may track your status at: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Originally posted by Caliwale View Post
                          I got a letter today from uscis but don’t know whats in it
                          i am out of town and going back to town on monday
                          Neither get any update that they sent any rfe
                          dont know what in the letter
                          197 <= Card mailed
                          Oct/10 = 2yr GC in hand
                          Aug/18 = I-751 applied
                          Aug/15 = I-751 approved
                          Aug/18 = 10yr GC in hand

Comment

Caliwale if you readily have your receipt number, you can track the status of your application to know the "type" of communication USCIS is sending your way.

Just in case you didn't know already, you may track your status at: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

aph i have checked case status there as well as kn lawfully case tracker there is no info about the letter they sent me
                            the online status is still case received on may 24th
                            March 25- Priority Date
                            April 14- NOAs received
                            Aug 25- EAD card mailed

Comment

• aph one of my family member went to pick up letter and it was courtesy letter for I-693
                              March 25- Priority Date
                              April 14- NOAs received
                              Aug 25- EAD card mailed

Comment

• That's good news! I am guessing the only thing left now is biometrics appointment and/or interview/submission of I-693 medical letter.

Originally posted by Caliwale View Post
                                aph one of my family member went to pick up letter and it was courtesy letter for I-693
                                197 <= Card mailed
                                Oct/10 = 2yr GC in hand
                                Aug/18 = I-751 applied
                                Aug/15 = I-751 approved