May 2020 Filings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rafael1993 View Post
    I just talked with my lawyer and he told me that we are going to reapply on Monday.

The old application will automatically send back to us and they will not double charge us.

I'm happy for the people on this thread that started to get notifications and uscis got their money but I'm really frustrated for my case...
    Wish you the best
    H1b visa
    Concurrent F2A forms I-130 ,I-130A, I-485, I-864,I-944, I-765, I-693
    self filling with attorney consultation
    F.O Minneapolis, Mn
    6/12/2020 Package sent usps
    6/15 delivered
    6/26 checks cashed
    text messages with receipt # Sunday 6/28
    07/06/2020 received 3 receipts in the mail for I-130,1-765 &I-485
    8/7/2020 received biometric notice for 8/17
    8/17 fingerprints done & case updated
    9/22 I-130 approved
    11/17 I-485 was reopened (never closed)
    11/18 I-765 approved
    12/22/20 I-485 approved

Comment

I just talked with my lawyer and he told me that we are going to reapply on Monday.

The old application will automatically send back to us and they will not double charge us.

I'm happy for the people on this thread that started to get notifications and uscis got their money but I'm really frustrated for my case...
      I honestly don't see why you would need to refile such a big detail application assuming you know it was delivered to USCIS unless your lawyer know she made a mistake. It does takes longer for some people and I honestly don't know why. But if you lawyer believes he needs to reapply, I will say go for it.
      05/08/20: I-485, I-765, I-131, I-944 sent to USCIS
      05/13 Rejected due to lack of I-864
      05/27 resubmitted with explanation
      06/03 Rejected again-same reason
      06/13 Resubmitted with I-864
      07/07 Lockbox emailed back and ask to resubmit
      07/09 Filings accepted with PD 05/08/20 (nice)
      08/06 Prior biometrics applied to I485
      08/28 Took biometrics for I-765 only
      09/28 I-765's Cards Ordered
      10/02 EAD/AP received
      04/12 Interview Sched
      05/11 Interview done approval on the spot but no USCIS update online

Comment

Originally posted by mk2245 View Post

5/8 - Mailed package to USCIS Texas lockbox (I485/I765/I131/I693)
        5/11 - Received by USCIS
        5/28 - Rejected and package returned due to missing I-944

6/3 - Sent back package to USCIS Dallas Lockbox (I485/I765/I131/I693/I944)
        6/4 - Delivered at USCIS lockbox
        Update:

6/25 - Checks cashed
        6/29 - Received receipt notices

Now starts the waiting game

My Timeline:

5/15: Filed I140/I485/I765/I131 concurrent (Employment Based) for myself and spouse
        5/18: Received at USCIS Texas lockbox
        6/1: Reject notices received for all, except I-140, due to missing I-944
        6/4: Re-filed and received I485/I765/I131/I944 at USCIS lockbox
        6/25: Received NOA receipts
        7/25: Received ASC biometric appointment notices for myself and my wife, scheduled for 8/03
        8/3: Biometrics completed
        8/4: Case status updated to "Finger prints applied"

Comment

June filer here. Sent package in June 9th, and USCIS sign off in June 11th. Still didn't here anything yet. And just sent email to lockbox to inquire about my case status.
          Married to USC
          Timeline update :
          08/05/2020 AOS packages sent out to Chicago lockbox (130, 130A, 485, 131, 765, 864)
          08/24/2020 AOS application fee check was cashed by USCIS
          08/27/2020 Received 4 case Nos. 08/31/2020 Received I797C receipts in mail
          09/17/2020 Received yellow courtesy letter telling medical exam form is missing.
          11/13/2020 Received RFE for I944
          11/20/2020 USCIS received response to I944 RFE
          5/7/2021 USCIS sent out bio appointment to my address. Bio appointment in June 1 2021.

Comment

Married to LPR on B2 visa.
            AOS application send to Chicago lockbox

05/21/2020 Application send to USCIS
            05/23/2020 Application received by USCIS
            — check not cached and no receipt —
            07/07/2020 Application was send again to USCIS
            07/07/2020 Application sent to USCIS
            23/07/2020 Checks have been cleared
            28/07/2020 Received 4 NOA receipts in the mail
            06/08/2020 RFIE arrived at the mail (photocopy of Birth Certificate was required with original stamps)
            25/08/2020 USCIS received RFIE and started to process again the application.

Comment

I just received a notice (7 July 2020) through "egov"'s mobile notice system at midnight EDT that we're about to receive a RFIE concerning the I-485. I'm pleasantly surprised that they've already looked at our application at the NBC, though dismayed since a RFIE will delay processing.... I expect to get the paper notice Friday or Saturday.

We added the "paper-filed case" to a myUSCIS account, but it has no update. We can't authenticate our identity to that system because we don't have a DOS case ID to enter (came here with a non-immigrant visa).

(I-485 received in Chicago on 3 June 2020)
              My status updates at: https://www.immihelp.com/forum/adjustment-of-status-i-485/733230-may-2020-filings?p=733643#post733643

online I-130 (receipt dated 7 May 2020) and I-485 (filed 3 June 2020, receipt dated 26 June ). RFIE (birth-certificate) delayed petition ~20 days. I-693 Deficiency notice received (1 Aug 2020). Waiting for biometrics notice (Indianapolis).

Comment

Originally posted by pigrew View Post
                I just received a notice (7 July 2020) through "egov"'s mobile notice system at midnight EDT that we're about to receive a RFIE concerning the I-485. I'm pleasantly surprised that they've already looked at our application at the NBC, though dismayed since a RFIE will delay processing.... I expect to get the paper notice Friday or Saturday.

We added the "paper-filed case" to a myUSCIS account, but it has no update. We can't authenticate our identity to that system because we don't have a DOS case ID to enter (came here with a non-immigrant visa).

The RFIE could be for medical. I am one among many who got a RFIE for Medical.
                I140/I485 - Concurrent filing - Jan 16 2020
                Fingerprint - Feb 28 2020
                EAD approved - Mar 5 2020
                Parole approved - Mar 5 2020
                I140 approved - Mar 10 2020
                RFIE - Medical - Apr 23
                RFIE response sent - May11
                RFIE received message - May14/18

Comment

I just received an email from the lockbox support.

———-

Good day,

We have found no record to show that your filing was received by the Lockbox. If a payment provided with the application has been cashed, please reply to provide a copy of the front and back of the cashed check or money order or the bank account and routing number, and the date when the money was withdrawn, as we can try to track your submission by researching any payment we may have received.

Refiling Your Application

If a payment that you had included with your application has not been cashed, you may consider refiling.

———

I applied again and the new application was received and signed yesterday.
                  06/08/2020 RFIE arrived at the mail (photocopy of Birth Certificate was required with original stamps)

Comment

I just received an email from the lockbox support.

———-

Good day,

We have found no record to show that your filing was received by the Lockbox. If a payment provided with the application has been cashed, please reply to provide a copy of the front and back of the cashed check or money order or the bank account and routing number, and the date when the money was withdrawn, as we can try to track your submission by researching any payment we may have received.

Refiling Your Application

If a payment that you had included with your application has not been cashed, you may consider refiling.

———

I applied again and the new application was received and signed yesterday.
                    I guess you were right but I am still baffle by the fact a whole application has been lost. make no sense to me. You can reply this email. tell them you have refile and GIVE them the tracking number. I am talking to one of them. I found a person that is truly helping me at the lockbox. Because they were wrongfully rejected my application in May, she promises me that they will give my original filing date. I should hear from them soon.
                    10/02 EAD/AP received
                    04/12 Interview Sched

Comment

Originally posted by Tibwa View Post

I guess you were right but I am still baffle by the fact a whole application has been lost. make no sense to me. You can reply this email. tell them you have refile and GIVE them the tracking number. I am talking to one of them. I found a person that is truly helping me at the lockbox. Because they were wrongfully rejected my application in May, she promises me that they will give my original filing date. I should hear from them soon.
                      That’s a good idea.
                      i will reply to them. Thank you

Comment

[QUOTE=Rafael1993;n737063]

That’s a good idea.
                        i will reply to them. Thank you[/QUO

They just accept my case, they even email me case numbers for all form (I-485, I-765, I-131). Now I must say American Express cause a blunder for me. American Express blocked payments for my wife and daughter because they thought they were fraudulent charges. Therefore, they reject these cases and I will refile. She told me to send the tracking number once I refile so that she can assign them the same priority date 05/08/20.
                        10/02 EAD/AP received
                        04/12 Interview Sched

Comment

Originally posted by pigrew View Post

We got our RFIE notice yesterday (11 July). The envelope doesn't have a postmark, but it was electronically stamped on 8 July, the day after the SMS notice... It's on bright yellow paper (two pages).

We sent the wrong "birth certificate" document. We sent a copy of primary evidence, which was the form that the hospital had completed and submitted to the police. Instead, USCIS wants a document asserting the birth, written by the local government nortary (公证书) that has a format somewhat more standardized across China. It'll take a few days to get family to have the documents created. We have to submit a photograph (they don't care what dimensions, stating that it should be the format the USA wants to see on the document), a copy of a Chinese citizen ID card (which expires soon), written permission for a 3rd party to get the receive the document, and a copy of the primary birth evidence. Hopefully it'll work out, and we'll be able to send a copy next week. The copy will have an English translation already, but the statement that it's a true/complete copy isn't in the format USCIS wants. Our plan is to append an extra sheet asserting that the translation is true/complete and we know English and Chinese.

We have 87 days says the letter, or perhaps more because of COVID-leniency,but I'm guessing no EAD or AP will be issued until we submit the response. I'm thinking that this will cause quite a bit of delay in our case processing, assuming that USCIS furloughs happen. It is a bit of a relief that this was the only issue, and there is a clear path forward. We will give them {a signed cover letter, copy of the documents they sent, a copy of the Chinese records (with the 公证书's English translation), and a document asserting that the 公证书's translation is true/complete}. We will NOT submit the I-693 at this time, since it wasn't requested in the RFIE notice.

I'm attaching the letter they sent, in case anyone is interested.
                          Attached Files
                          My status updates at: https://www.immihelp.com/forum/adjustment-of-status-i-485/733230-may-2020-filings?p=733643#post733643

online I-130 (receipt dated 7 May 2020) and I-485 (filed 3 June 2020, receipt dated 26 June ). RFIE (birth-certificate) delayed petition ~20 days. I-693 Deficiency notice received (1 Aug 2020). Waiting for biometrics notice (Indianapolis).

Comment

Any updates here?
                            or we are all just playing the waiting game?
                            ASCs in So Cal are opening next week. Did anybody receive any bio metric appointments?

My Timeline:

5/15: Filed I140/I485/I765/I131 concurrent (Employment Based) for myself and spouse
                            5/18: Received at USCIS Texas lockbox
                            6/1: Reject notices received for all, except I-140, due to missing I-944
                            6/4: Re-filed and received I485/I765/I131/I944 at USCIS lockbox
                            6/25: Received NOA receipts
                            7/25: Received ASC biometric appointment notices for myself and my wife, scheduled for 8/03
                            8/3: Biometrics completed
                            8/4: Case status updated to "Finger prints applied"

Comment

Hello,

Just a small update no bio-metric appointment yet, but socal ascs are opening today hopefully we will all get scheduled soon.

June 18 received a RFIE for my birth certificate (they requested one with both my parents name on it)
                              June 23 sent in the birth certificate on June 23,
                              July 8 USCIS received birth certificate and updated my case
                              July 12 received RFIE for I-693 ( can bring the health report if interview is scheduled or send docs in if not)

Comment

Hi everyone,

I see you are wondering about EAD and AP, but most of March and April filers have seen no progress on that matter yet, (for instance my PD is March 16, and I still have no biometric appointment)
                                Also the "normal processing time" is now 6.5 months for EAD, just so you don't put yourself in "expecting" mood too soon, we've all been on hold for 4 months now...

Good luck everyone, and have a very nice Sunday!
                                AOS (marriage) NBC - Miami, Fl

03/16/2020: Priority Date

5/09: I693 Courtesy letter
                                8/06: Request EXPEDITE I765 & I131
                                8/07: Fax sup. docs EXPEDITE
                                8/28: Contacted Senator
                                8/31: Senator contacted USCIS
                                8/31: Biometrics notice
                                9/14: Biometrics done
                                9/15: I765 EXPEDITE approved
                                9/17: I485 case ready for interview
                                9/22: I131+I765 approved