Birth certificate translation & H4 requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth certificate translation & H4 requirements

For 485 - i have the birth certificate in our language (Telugu). Can any of my indian (telugu) friends can translate the BC or does it have to be a professional translator? And also after translation, do you have to have the signature of your father on that translated BC?, because the original has my father's signature.

My husband is on H4 and i am on H1B and doing a job in an University. What do i need to file for my husband - I-864 OR I-134? He is in India right now but will be back before we submit the applicaiton.

Thanks so much in advance and i don't have any lawyer. That is why so many questions....

1. I am assuming you are getting it translated in the U.S. If yes, any one can just translate on a regular paper. Your father's original signature is not required on the translation.

Read https://www.immihelp.com/birth-certi...ion-and-visas/ for complete information.

2. I-134
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for your time and the information you have provided.

Comment

Instead of I-134, H1-B holders need to attach a letter from the employer, plus IRS transcripts, plus some paystubs. Am I right???

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X