Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time does it take for response to Re-Entry Permit Application?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Hi guys, I also submitted an application for I-131 and am already waiting for an invitation to biometrics (hopefully they will take my old biometrics). Do you think I can leave the United States now and come back if USCIS invites me for biometrics? Maybe someone has such experience?

    Comment


    • #32
      It seems processing for re-entry permits is taking ages! Bad luck

      Comment


      • #33
        I also filed for a I-131 Re-Entry Application on May 14th 2021.

        Let's see how long it takes for processing...

        The last time I did this was in March 2019 and under two months the whole process was completed.


        Comment


        • #34
          It's been 7 months since USCIS received my re-entry permit application. Till today there has been no decision made. Quite a delay!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Shankar Chowk View Post
            It's been 7 months since USCIS received my re-entry permit application. Till today there has been no decision made. Quite a delay!
            Are you still in US? If you were to leave US and come back do you know how they will treat this - when you re-entry is pending ?

            Comment


            • #36
              Hi everyone

              I’m writing you to ask you a question, but first let me present to you my situation:

              I’m a US permanent resident looking to file for a re-entry permit (Form I-131).

              One of the conditions is to physically be in the United States at the time the application is filed.

              My question is: When is my application considered filed?

              Is it when they receive it at the lockbox, or when they issue me a notice of action (receipt notice).

              Can I send the form I-131, wait that it’s received at the lockbox (by checking with USPS or with G-1145 and then leave the US without waiting for the Notice of Action? (and of course comeback for the biometrics).

              I’m in a very urgent situation and every answer will be highly appreciated!


              Thanks everyone.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Joseph33 View Post
                Hi everyone

                I’m writing you to ask you a question, but first let me present to you my situation:

                I’m a US permanent resident looking to file for a re-entry permit (Form I-131).

                One of the conditions is to physically be in the United States at the time the application is filed.

                My question is: When is my application considered filed?

                Is it when they receive it at the lockbox, or when they issue me a notice of action (receipt notice).

                Can I send the form I-131, wait that it’s received at the lockbox (by checking with USPS or with G-1145 and then leave the US without waiting for the Notice of Action? (and of course comeback for the biometrics).

                I’m in a very urgent situation and every answer will be highly appreciated!


                Thanks everyone.

                Most likely your receipt date (receipt notice) of the application will be considered.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Shankar Chowk View Post
                  It's been 7 months since USCIS received my re-entry permit application. Till today there has been no decision made. Quite a delay!
                  Wow! That's very long time.

                  Are you waiting that long for Biometric print or Receipt notice?



                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I've recieved the notice, and biometrics done. Now waiting for a reply. So it'll take 7-10 months it seems for this re-entry application.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      "As of June 11, 2021, fingerprints relating to your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, Receipt Number LINxxxxxxxx, have been applied to your case. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address"


                      I saw above update today about my case. I am not sure what it means.
                      Does it mean they completed my Fingerprint application and will mail a notice to do a Biometric or they used my previous Fingerprints from previous I-131 that I filed two years ago?

                      Anyone has any idea let me know...

                      sp9239

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by sp9239 View Post
                        "As of June 11, 2021, fingerprints relating to your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, Receipt Number LINxxxxxxxx, have been applied to your case. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address"


                        I saw above update today about my case. I am not sure what it means.
                        Does it mean they completed my Fingerprint application and will mail a notice to do a Biometric or they used my previous Fingerprints from previous I-131 that I filed two years ago?

                        Anyone has any idea let me know...

                        sp9239
                        Which service center did you file the application? Did you get a paper notice that your previous Biometric is valid for current application, and you are no longer needed to give biometric?

                        On the side note, if one leave soon after Biometric, when extactly the two year period starts ticking - the day you leave after Biometric OR after the application is approved (in which case one technically stayed longer than 2 years

                        I just filed my application at Nebraska Service Center with a receipt date of June 8 2021.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Shankar Chowk View Post
                          I've recieved the notice, and biometrics done. Now waiting for a reply. So it'll take 7-10 months it seems for this re-entry application.
                          Hi- I'm in a similar situation. Filed for I-131 8.5 months ago and had biometrics done in February. Still no travel re-entry permit. I've submitted two inquiries for being outside normal processing time and no response from USCIS. Getting a bit worried as we have a wedding planned in Ireland for October. Have you had any luck yet? Thank you for sharing!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X