Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get FBI fingerprinting done from India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get FBI fingerprinting done from India?

Hi,

I am applying to Australia immigration. I am currently living in India but I have stayed in the USA for a couple of years in the last 10 years. Australia immigration requires a Criminal History Records clearance from USA.

Does anyone have an experience with the process for obtaining the Criminal HIstory clearance from FBI, while living in India? I have seen the forms ...it requires fingerprinting and mailing to the FBI. Just wondering if anyone knows how/where to get official fingerprinting done in India.

Kindly share, if you have experience with this process.

Regards,
    OP.

Originally posted by oyesingh View Post
    Hi,

I am applying to Australia immigration. I am currently living in India but I have stayed in the USA for a couple of years in the last 10 years. Australia immigration requires a Criminal History Records clearance from USA.

Does anyone have an experience with the process for obtaining the Criminal HIstory clearance from FBI, while living in India? I have seen the forms ...it requires fingerprinting and mailing to the FBI. Just wondering if anyone knows how/where to get official fingerprinting done in India.

Kindly share, if you have experience with this process.

Regards,
    OP.
    Just take the instructions on how to print the fingerprints to any private security agency or police station and they know how to roll the fingers for a FBI fingerprint card.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I would greatly appreciate assistance from senior members regarding my query. I have applied for Canada Immigration from India, and am expecting my file to be processed towards end of 2008. Though I have lived in India for the past 7 years, I spent one year in USA on an H1 visa during the year 2000. I had submitted only Police Clearance Certificate from India along with the application. So I guess I will have to obtain FBI clearance, along with fresh Police Clearance certificate from India, before I am granted PR, right? If so, how do I obtain it, since there are no fingerprinting agency similar to the ones in US in India (the local police would not know how to and will never do it for another agency)? Can I obtain the fingerprints myself, on the form downloaded from FBI´s website, and send it to FBI?

Comment

Fingerprinting for all Visa Purposes - HERE IS THE ANSWER

I called JK Consultancy and they are TOOOO expensive. They said if I do it in Delhi, they would charge Rs. 3500 per person. I live in Chennai and they said it would cost me Rs. 13,000.
        I researched and found out the process of getting fingerprints done locally. The Govt of India does it. YES THEY DO. And it is done by the Tamil Nadu Forensic Department by Registered Fingerprint Experts who take and analyze Fingerprints for all Criminal Investigations.
        And here is the kicker. It costs Rs. 50 (Yes FIFTY RUPEES ONLY).

Here is the process for people in Chennai.
        The Forensic Department has an office called SCRB (State Crime Record Bureau). It is on the Marina Beach Road. If you go from Cathedral road, take a right onto the beach road. Pass the lighthouse and pass 2 more lights. You will then pass a small bridge. As soon as you pass a bridge you will see a graveyard on the left (look carefully you may miss it) and right opposite the graveyard you will see the SCRB building.
        Walk in. Mention you want to get fingerprints taken for visa purposes. They will give you a form to fill and the name of the bank to go to to pay the Rs. 50. Once paid, come back to this office and they will give you the fingerprints in the form of your choice.
        For US Police Certificates, you may print out the form FD-258 from fbi d.o.t gov
        Alternatively, there is a xerox shop opposite Adyar Busdepot that gives you a color printout in a nice thick Fingerprint Card for a cost.

For other cities, look for the Forensic Department in your town and go talk to them. They will help. Do not get tricked by Commercial Agencies who charge an arm and a leg for something as simple as this.

Or - just take a flight to Chennai and get it done here. It's STILL cheaper.

Comment

We have been receiving numerous emails from this JK Consultancy that the information posted by sriramraghavan about them is false.

Therefore, I would like to request the following to:

sriramraghavan - Could you please provide more details about you contacting them (such as when, how, what etc.) so that they know you are genuine.

jk consultancy - If you think that the information provided by sriramraghavan is wrong regarding rates etc., please provide the correct information for the benefit of every one, rather than threatening with legal action. Just provide the information that, in your opinion, would correct the allegedly false statements. Do not write anything to advertise or market your services as it will be deleted. I expect you to cooperate and be honest to get the best out of this.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hello All and Moderator. I've called JK consultancy last week at their numbers provided and they explained these services over the phone. If JK feels I am incorrect, they are very welcome to mention the correction (whether it is the cost or place of service).

This is a public forum and I am at liberty to post information I find regarding services I am aware of at the discretion of the forum moderator. There is nothing derogatory or false intended in my post and it is only intended to help the readers with options. I simply wish to express that the readers can avail of JK's services if the cost associated is acceptable, or choose an alternate option in their local city (if available).

There is an option in Chennai - for Rs. 50 per fingerprint - offered by the Forensic Dept. If JK feels their cost is cheaper, I am more than willing to correct my earlier statement.

Thanks

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
            We have been receiving numerous emails from this JK Consultancy that the information posted by sriramraghavan about them is false.

Therefore, I would like to request the following to:

sriramraghavan - Could you please provide more details about you contacting them (such as when, how, what etc.) so that they know you are genuine.

jk consultancy - If you think that the information provided by sriramraghavan is wrong regarding rates etc., please provide the correct information for the benefit of every one, rather than threatening with legal action. Just provide the information that, in your opinion, would correct the allegedly false statements. Do not write anything to advertise or market your services as it will be deleted. I expect you to cooperate and be honest to get the best out of this.

Comment

sriramraghavan,
              Thank you for the clarification.
              I didn't see anything objetionable in your post earlier.

Yes, I agree that people have right to post the information that helps everyone. If you can get the job done at Rs. 50 while someone else is charging you Rs. 15,000, everyone should know their options and we thank you for posting the useful information.
              Immihelp Support

Comment

IFS is agent not a professional.

Hi,

I have gone to the IFS office last week to get my fingerprinting done. To my surprise it is an office in the home of the owner Mr. Santosh. Moreover these people donot do fingerprinting on there own but hire somebody outside the organization to do this work. They only work as an agent as well. They were really expensive and were demanding Rs.20000/- for the fingerprinting. It is not worth to give so much money to the agent.

Comment

False Person

Dear Mr. rohitshetty, We don't have client with your name or similar name, and we had never charged such big amount for fingerprinting, if you have proof then you can provide invoice copy link on this post, if you have any more doubt you can call me 9999609646, our charges are very cheap, as we work on basis of no profit no loss and we don't have any single fingerprint rejection record also.

Comment

IFS, post your charges if you want to dispute Rohit's claim. And come on, this is the internet and no one is required to use their true identity as a handle.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I received the following email from IFS earlier today.

Who is Nidhi in this case?

-------------------------
                      Immihelp Forums Contact Us Form - URGENT- Illegal Content Posting on your blog / forum

Dear Sir/Madam,

We found that, some one with name nidhi trying to misguide peoples by posting wrong and unauthorized messages on your official blog / forum.

Please take this matter seriously and follow some strict actions, and also remove following blog entry. Your kind attention highly appreciated...

on page- http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=194237

From User Name- rohitshetty

If possible please send us IP address of above said user.

Thanking You,

- Mr. Santosh
                      Forensic Expert, Scientist and Investigator,
                      IFS INDIA, C-2/16, First Floor, Front Side,
                      Janakpuri, New Delhi- Pin: 110058 (INDIA)
                      Immihelp Support

Comment

IFS Charges

Ifs
                        Last edited by ifsindia; 03-20-2010, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Complaint

sorry it was mistake, actual name was- rohitshetty
                          Last edited by ifsindia; 03-20-2010, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ifsindia View Post
                            See, basically our charges are depend up on TA etc. If client comes to our office we charge 3000 Rs. for two cards. I know this is internet, but any one trying to misguide people by saying that- We are charging 20,000 Rs. instead of 3000 Rs, then its crime... I think in that case identity is important. This type of bad publicity will affect our business, so we should care about real person...
                            You said 'Depend up on TA etc.' What does it mean?

Please specify clearly and in detail your charges.

Also, specify your qualification and authorization to perform these services. How do people know they are accepted?
                            Immihelp Support

Comment

Ta
                              Last edited by ifsindia; 03-20-2010, 01:14 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X