I-94 Extension at Loredo, Texas, POE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bbp View Post
    Anybody with recent experience at Laredo?

Based on experiences, I think that some got I94 udated at office near to Valero gas station, some went to office a mile away (bridge 1?). Can anybody direct to correct office?

This weekend I am planning to go to Laredo for wife's and son's i94. I have 2 more kids and they don't have issue. But I need to take them also with us as I can't leave them. Will there be any issue if persons who don't require an update go to the office?
    Will they stamp a date of entry on passport?

Thanks
    I got my I-94 extended at Laredo last month. I parked at the Valero gas station and walked to the bridge-1 office (around 1 mile). I didn't actually have to cross the border. I just got it updated at the office near the border, but you will have to convince the officers over there and make them understand your case. You can take your kids with you even if they don't require any update since you are not crossing the border.
    And yes, you will get entry stamp on your passport with the extended I-94 date. And also my I-94 shows exit and entry record even though I didn't physically cross the border.

Comment

I94 updated

We went to Laredo on saturday. reached there at around 2.30 pm. Parked our car at valero (had to wait 5 minutes for slot) and walked towards Bridge 2. Officer there told this case cannot be handled there for those coming from north. For that we should be coming from Mexico. He told to go to Bridge 1 and walk on the bridge to Mexico less than a half way where you will see a small opening. Through that go to the other side where people are coming from Mexico.

As instructed we walked towards Bridge 1 and at the end of Convent Ave we saw the bridge on opposite side. There will be a security person by the fence. Ask him in case of doubt..
      Wife & son went to that side via an overbridge on right side. You need some change to pay to get to the bridge side.
      On reaching the bridge they walked on the pavement towards Mexico. As officer said there was a small opening between fences (just before river). Adjacent fence gate had a lock. Only 1 person can pass through it at a time (sideways).. fat persons may have to jump over .
      Cross the bridge to other side & join the line. Explained to officer about i94 update. He gave an orange slip and showed the way to cbp office which is way down..
      Walk through narrow path and at dead end open the door on right side. Inside there will be 4 counters. Gave passports & orange slip to officer. After that it was a long wait. .more than an hour! Since it was air conditioned, atleast wife was relieved on escaping from hot sun.
      Officer asked them what they want, from where they are coming, whether they went to Mexico (said no), home address (us).
      Didn't ask for any other documents.
      Took fingerprints and got white i94 paper. Paid $6 per I94 at next counter.
      No entry/exit stamp on passports. Checked online next day and I94 was seen updated for old passport #.

Note: Some officers don't know about electronic I94. If asked, explain that cbp does not issue paper I94 at air & sea port of entry.(you should have the printout with you)

Each person's experience and total time will be different.
      If you are lucky, you may get it done at Bridge 2 itself. Bridge 1 is the main.

Comment

Any recent experience at Laredo?

Originally posted by kandarp_jani View Post
        I got my I-94 extended at Laredo last month. I parked at the Valero gas station and walked to the bridge-1 office (around 1 mile). I didn't actually have to cross the border. I just got it updated at the office near the border, but you will have to convince the officers over there and make them understand your case. You can take your kids with you even if they don't require any update since you are not crossing the border.
        And yes, you will get entry stamp on your passport with the extended I-94 date. And also my I-94 shows exit and entry record even though I didn't physically cross the border.
        Hello, i am planning to travel Laredo coming weekend for my I 94 update along with the family. My I-94 (Even dependents) is getting expired due to old passport expiry. Please let me know if anyone is travelling during the same time.

Comment

Plan to visit Laredo, tx 8/11

Hello Friends,

I live in Plano,tx planning to visit Laredo border this week for New I94
          Please let me know if anyone has similar plan, so we can tag along

Thank you
          Rajan

Comment

Originally posted by rgupta3349 View Post
            Hello Friends,

I live in Plano,tx planning to visit Laredo border this week for New I94
            Please let me know if anyone has similar plan, so we can tag along

Thank you
            Rajan
            Hi Rajan,

If u are going tomorrow (Friday) via Houston, I can tag along.

Thanks,
            Saurabh

Comment

Travelling to Laredo

Originally posted by sauraba View Post
              Hi Rajan,

If u are going tomorrow (Friday) via Houston, I can tag along.

Thanks,
              Saurabh
              Sorry Houston would be out of route
              We can meet at Laredo on saturdy if you want company

Thanks
              Rajan

Comment

I94 update

Got my New I 94 at bridge 2 CBP office opp to gas station.
                It was different experience was interviewed by officer; officer was too kind but he did ask me serious and funny questions
                Carry extact cash 6$
                At bridge 2 you dont have to cross border

Thanks guys and best of luck
                Last edited by rgupta3349; 08-14-2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

I94 Updates

It was different experience was interviewed by officer; officer was too kind but he did ask me serious and funny questions
                  Carry extact cash 6$

Hi,

Is anyone going to San Diego this weekend for I94 update. I am going from Philadelphia tomorrow. please email me at [email protected] in case anyone wants to get along.

Thanks

Rajan

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Is anyone going to San Diego this weekend for I94 update. I am going from Philadelphia tomorrow. please email me at [email protected] in case anyone wants to get along.

Thanks

Rajan

Comment

Carry extact cash 6$

Hi Mr. Gupta,

I need to go to Laredo this weekend for my wife's passport. I only have an extension and cannot cross the border.
                    My wife has valid visa till 2019 but I94 only till October end. How was your experience? Will they ask too many questions? Is there a possibility of denying i94 updation? Any information will help us. Based on all the information here, we plan to go park @ Valero and probably try bridge 1. If at all you can give me sometime, I can call you and you can share your experience. Thanks in advance.

Comment

H4 status

we have a unique situation , any help would be appreciated , my wife is in H4EAD , her H1B application picked up in lottery and will be effective from oct 1 , because we wanted to stay in H4 ead , we are planning to cross the border to get in via H4 status . she has a valid visa till 10/2017 and her i797 is valid till 10/2020 . will the officer give new i94 till 2020?

Comment

Smooth and easy process

Dear all, I got my I94 extended yesterday at the Laredo entry point. My old passport was expiring so had to get the extension for the new one. Process was smooth, thanks to the detailed instructions on this thread.

First I went and parked at the Valero gas station. Walked next to the fence and came across two CBP officers. They said that they could help only if I was in a vehicle, so they asked me to exit the US in the car and re-enter. I wasn't too keen on crossing the border, so they asked me to go to Bridge 1.

I drove to Bridge 1 and parked in the mall nearby (free parking!). Paid a small toll (<$1) for the permit to the pedestrian bridge and started walking to Mexico. Mid way through the bridge I found an opening on the other side, crossed the road and joined the line entering the US. The line moved very quickly and in a few mins I was at the counter. I explained my case to the officer, he understood quickly, gave me an orange slip and directed me to another corridor. That corridor ended in a small A/C room where my fingerprints were checked and I got the updated card. I didn't have to pay any fee

Overall my takeaways
                        - For bridge 1, park at this location: 27.501399, -99.509258 There is ample street parking and also a multi story garage for the mall. Less than 5 min walk to the bridge
                        - The bridge 1 process took me only 20 mins on a Sunday afternoon. Since I went to bridge 2 earlier, it took me 1 hr overall. I would strongly recommend going directly to bridge 1
                        - Very pleasant and helpful locals, even if they don't speak great English. City is 100% safe even if the streets look a bit rundown.
                        - CBP officers were very polite and professional, way better than the ones at airports. They appeared to be very familiar with I94 extension process, not much explaining was needed
                        - When driving back on I35, keep your passport ready. At the checkpoint I was waved through immediately once I showed my visa and I94

Comment

L1 I94 extension.

Hi all,

My husband has an L1 B valid visa till 2019. His passport will get expired by Dec 2017. He has got a new passport renewed. Planning to visit Laredo to get his I94 extended. My question is do I and my kid also needs to get the I 94 extended. We got on L2 dependent visa and have valid passports and visa till 2021. Is there any dependency. Any one faced the similar situation? or any one sure about this? Please advise.

Thank You.

Originally posted by Godfather View Post
                          Dear all, I got my I94 extended yesterday at the Laredo entry point. My old passport was expiring so had to get the extension for the new one. Process was smooth, thanks to the detailed instructions on this thread.

First I went and parked at the Valero gas station. Walked next to the fence and came across two CBP officers. They said that they could help only if I was in a vehicle, so they asked me to exit the US in the car and re-enter. I wasn't too keen on crossing the border, so they asked me to go to Bridge 1.

I drove to Bridge 1 and parked in the mall nearby (free parking!). Paid a small toll (<$1) for the permit to the pedestrian bridge and started walking to Mexico. Mid way through the bridge I found an opening on the other side, crossed the road and joined the line entering the US. The line moved very quickly and in a few mins I was at the counter. I explained my case to the officer, he understood quickly, gave me an orange slip and directed me to another corridor. That corridor ended in a small A/C room where my fingerprints were checked and I got the updated card. I didn't have to pay any fee

Overall my takeaways
                          - For bridge 1, park at this location: 27.501399, -99.509258 There is ample street parking and also a multi story garage for the mall. Less than 5 min walk to the bridge
                          - The bridge 1 process took me only 20 mins on a Sunday afternoon. Since I went to bridge 2 earlier, it took me 1 hr overall. I would strongly recommend going directly to bridge 1
                          - Very pleasant and helpful locals, even if they don't speak great English. City is 100% safe even if the streets look a bit rundown.
                          - CBP officers were very polite and professional, way better than the ones at airports. They appeared to be very familiar with I94 extension process, not much explaining was needed
                          - When driving back on I35, keep your passport ready. At the checkpoint I was waved through immediately once I showed my visa and I94

Comment

Originally posted by priyasreeram View Post
                            Hi all,

My husband has an L1 B valid visa till 2019. His passport will get expired by Dec 2017. He has got a new passport renewed. Planning to visit Laredo to get his I94 extended. My question is do I and my kid also needs to get the I 94 extended. We got on L2 dependent visa and have valid passports and visa till 2021. Is there any dependency. Any one faced the similar situation? or any one sure about this? Please advise.

Thank You.
                            You can check your I94 validity date at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home
                            If not expiring in Dec 17 then nothing to worry about. In my case which is a similar situation my wife wasn't affected so she didn't have to come with me to Laredo.

Comment

Thank U

Thank U for ur reply. But I couldnt able to see the I94 validity in the site. Everytime its showing record not found.

Originally posted by Godfather View Post
                              You can check your I94 validity date at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home
                              If not expiring in Dec 17 then nothing to worry about. In my case which is a similar situation my wife wasn't affected so she didn't have to come with me to Laredo.

Comment

I94 extension

This thread is a trove of helpful information. Thanks everyone.
                                I have to extend my I94 and so I am planning for a trip to Laredo. I am located in Charleston, SC. My recent I94 was issued until date of expiry of my passport (April 2018) and so I trying to get the date on new I94 matched up with expiry date on H1B petition -

Recent I-94 received at port of entry (EWR - Newark, NJ) - Admitted until date: 10 April 2018
                                Current US visa (H1-B) stamped on the old passport - Expiration date: 30 May 2018
                                Expiry of approved I-797A H1-B petition received earlier in the year: 14 March 2020

Can someone please advise if the CBP will issue a new I94 until the expiry of my H1B visa or the validity of I797A petition (I.e. until March 2020). The reason I am asking this question is because it will help me make a decision if I go to Laredo to extend I94 or have to leave country and get new H1B stamped at the consulate.

Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by priyasreeram View Post
                                Thank U for ur reply. But I couldnt able to see the I94 validity in the site. Everytime its showing record not found.
                                You might want to use your old passport number to check your new I94 validity of CBP site. They use the passport with visa to track the I94 record and so if you have recently renewed your passport, you might still want to use your earlier passport number to pull up the record.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X