Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you please help me with your experience, I'm also in Plano

Originally posted by rgupta3349 View Post
    Got my New I 94 at bridge 2 CBP office opp to gas station.
    It was different experience was interviewed by officer; officer was too kind but he did ask me serious and funny questions
    Carry extact cash 6$
    At bridge 2 you dont have to cross border

Thanks guys and best of luck
    Hi rgupta,
    I'm also from Plano, can you please provide me your email id, mine is [email protected], I'm also from Plano, I94 expires in Dec. Went to DFW airport, they said it cannot be done here. So need help.

Thanks in advance,
    -Anand

Comment

H4 I94 Extension:

Hi All,

I am planning to extend my I94 at Loredo, Texas this weekend. Could you please help me with the documents required for H4 visa. Also, do I have to go to either Bridge1 or Bridge2 ?

Originally posted by sutanu View Post
      Shiva , Rajsekhar :

Thanks for your inputs . I Plan to travel to Lardeo to get I 94 extended for my wife after her passport renewal. I plan to travel this weekend.

Can either of you please specify the CBP office timings? From the CBP site I see its 8-5 for weekdays only for one office whereas there are other offices in the same place open 24hrs / 7 days .. Need your feedback to plan my travel.

Appreciate you taking your time to response.

Sutanu

Comment

Confusion in Bridge 1 or Bridge 2, planning to go to Laredo this weekend

Originally posted by Godfather View Post
        Dear all, I got my I94 extended yesterday at the Laredo entry point. My old passport was expiring so had to get the extension for the new one. Process was smooth, thanks to the detailed instructions on this thread.

First I went and parked at the Valero gas station. Walked next to the fence and came across two CBP officers. They said that they could help only if I was in a vehicle, so they asked me to exit the US in the car and re-enter. I wasn't too keen on crossing the border, so they asked me to go to Bridge 1.

I drove to Bridge 1 and parked in the mall nearby (free parking!). Paid a small toll (<$1) for the permit to the pedestrian bridge and started walking to Mexico. Mid way through the bridge I found an opening on the other side, crossed the road and joined the line entering the US. The line moved very quickly and in a few mins I was at the counter. I explained my case to the officer, he understood quickly, gave me an orange slip and directed me to another corridor. That corridor ended in a small A/C room where my fingerprints were checked and I got the updated card. I didn't have to pay any fee

Overall my takeaways
        - For bridge 1, park at this location: 27.501399, -99.509258 There is ample street parking and also a multi story garage for the mall. Less than 5 min walk to the bridge
        - The bridge 1 process took me only 20 mins on a Sunday afternoon. Since I went to bridge 2 earlier, it took me 1 hr overall. I would strongly recommend going directly to bridge 1
        - Very pleasant and helpful locals, even if they don't speak great English. City is 100% safe even if the streets look a bit rundown.
        - CBP officers were very polite and professional, way better than the ones at airports. They appeared to be very familiar with I94 extension process, not much explaining was needed
        - When driving back on I35, keep your passport ready. At the checkpoint I was waved through immediately once I showed my visa and I94
        Hi All,
        Any recent experince to share? I'm planning to drive there on this weekend from Plano, TX. Any inputs regarding bridge 1 or bridge 2 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
        -Anand

Comment

Planning to go there weekend, can someone provide recent update on which Bridge to go

Originally posted by DivyaVenu View Post
          Hi All,

I am planning to extend my I94 at Loredo, Texas this weekend. Could you please help me with the documents required for H4 visa. Also, do I have to go to either Bridge1 or Bridge2 ?
          Hi All,
          I'll also be driving from Plano, Tx this weekend. ANy update on bridge 1 or bridge 2 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
          -Anand

Comment

I94 Extn, Laredo,TX

I am planning to go Laredo,TX this weekend for my i94 Extn. Traveling from Houston,TX. Is anyone planning to go? Can someone share which bridge is the better option to go now?

Comment

Bridge 1, I got it on the last weekend on 12th Nov 2017. Send me an email with number

Originally posted by nlprasad View Post
              I am planning to go Laredo,TX this weekend for my i94 Extn. Traveling from Houston,TX. Is anyone planning to go? Can someone share which bridge is the better option to go now?
              If you need any guidance, send me your number to my email id mentioned earlier.

Comment

Sent my Phone number

Originally posted by anandsahu View Post
                If you need any guidance, send me your number to my email id mentioned earlier.
                Thanks for your reply. Sent my phone number. Can you call when you get a chance.

Comment

What is the exact address of the CBP office?

HI,
                  I see that you have provided the lat/long. Can you please provide the exact address of the CBP office you went to? Are you referring to Gateway to the Americas International Bridge, when you say Bridge 1?

Originally posted by Godfather View Post
                  Dear all, I got my I94 extended yesterday at the Laredo entry point. My old passport was expiring so had to get the extension for the new one. Process was smooth, thanks to the detailed instructions on this thread.

First I went and parked at the Valero gas station. Walked next to the fence and came across two CBP officers. They said that they could help only if I was in a vehicle, so they asked me to exit the US in the car and re-enter. I wasn't too keen on crossing the border, so they asked me to go to Bridge 1.

I drove to Bridge 1 and parked in the mall nearby (free parking!). Paid a small toll (<$1) for the permit to the pedestrian bridge and started walking to Mexico. Mid way through the bridge I found an opening on the other side, crossed the road and joined the line entering the US. The line moved very quickly and in a few mins I was at the counter. I explained my case to the officer, he understood quickly, gave me an orange slip and directed me to another corridor. That corridor ended in a small A/C room where my fingerprints were checked and I got the updated card. I didn't have to pay any fee

Overall my takeaways
                  - For bridge 1, park at this location: 27.501399, -99.509258 There is ample street parking and also a multi story garage for the mall. Less than 5 min walk to the bridge
                  - The bridge 1 process took me only 20 mins on a Sunday afternoon. Since I went to bridge 2 earlier, it took me 1 hr overall. I would strongly recommend going directly to bridge 1
                  - Very pleasant and helpful locals, even if they don't speak great English. City is 100% safe even if the streets look a bit rundown.
                  - CBP officers were very polite and professional, way better than the ones at airports. They appeared to be very familiar with I94 extension process, not much explaining was needed
                  - When driving back on I35, keep your passport ready. At the checkpoint I was waved through immediately once I showed my visa and I94
                  Last edited by johnyS; 11-24-2017, 01:48 AM. Reason: More info/ clarity

Comment

GOt mine done over the thanksgiving weekend

i got mine done over the weekend at Laredo. Followed instructions provided here at the forum. Thanks for the help.

Comment

i94 extension

Hi all,

We have been to Laredo last weekend and got our i94 extension till our visa expires. Just followed the instructions in the thread. Parked the car at valero gas station. Went to bridge 1. Even the people there are well aware of this process it seems. Its just a 5 min process. Including the parking walk and all it took exactly an hour for us and we are done with the work.

Note : The one which we see from the valero gas station is bridge 2 and we need to walk a while to reach bridge 1. Locals there helped us with the route. All the best.

Thank you.

Comment

Need Info

Hi All,

My wife is also in similar situation as she got new passport and i-94 which she got is till her old passport expiry date, We are planning to Drive from Fort Worth, Please let us know if anyone is travelling this weekend, you can reach me at [email protected] and Also Currently I am on extension, Can you please let me know How far can i accompany my wife as I understood there is a checkpoint while coming back where we need to show valid VISA.

Thanks for your assistance and the great work you guys are doing here.

Comment

I-94 Extension at Loredo, Texas, POE

This post was a great help. We were there yesterday, fews things I wanted to add (More like restate ) :

1. Make sure you go to bridge 1 not bridge 2. CBP officers are very clear on the fact that you need to cross the border and re enter. At bridge 1 you can walk and cross.
                          2. Make sure you have 6 $ exact change. My wife was getting her I94 updated at bridge 1, this was about 10 am. They dint have change and they cannot keep any money. In the end my wife had to come out and take 1$ bill from me.
                          3. CBP officers are super friendly, all you have to do is explain your situation.
                          4. When visiting bridge 1, you can set the location to H&M store. Google maps took me to the parking garage which was right next to bridge 1 entry.
                          5. Make sure you clearly explain any CBP officer on the way that you need to reenter US immediately. And you are doing this to update I94, there is a entry from the mall to Mexico which leads directly to Mexico. You will not be able to re enter mid way.

Comment

Passport Requirements...

Originally posted by ankit041288 View Post
                            This post was a great help. We were there yesterday, fews things I wanted to add (More like restate ) :

1. Make sure you go to bridge 1 not bridge 2. CBP officers are very clear on the fact that you need to cross the border and re enter. At bridge 1 you can walk and cross.
                            2. Make sure you have 6 $ exact change. My wife was getting her I94 updated at bridge 1, this was about 10 am. They dint have change and they cannot keep any money. In the end my wife had to come out and take 1$ bill from me.
                            3. CBP officers are super friendly, all you have to do is explain your situation.
                            4. When visiting bridge 1, you can set the location to H&M store. Google maps took me to the parking garage which was right next to bridge 1 entry.
                            5. Make sure you clearly explain any CBP officer on the way that you need to reenter US immediately. And you are doing this to update I94, there is a entry from the mall to Mexico which leads directly to Mexico. You will not be able to re enter mid way.
                            Hello,

We are in the same situation, planning to update my SEVIS and I94 but my passport is about to expire in 4 months. Will they consider??

Comment

How soon can we go for the I94 extension, My I94 is expiring in 05/2018 so wanted to know if i can go in feb or wait till april ?

Comment

I-94 Extension at Loredo, Texas, POE

Originally posted by ankit041288 View Post

Hi Ankit and others,

We are in the same situation where my wife's I94 need to get updated. Please can you answer below questions?

1. Previous posts says they can go to CBP office directly instead of crossing Bridge 1. But your post says we have to cross the bridge 1. Are they not doing updates in the CBP office any more?
                                2. Since my wife has to update I94 not me so can I just stay without crossing the bridge 1 or I can go along with her? line and queue are they visible if I wait for her to cross the bridge1 and complete process?
                                3. My Wife I94 is expiring in April but I am planning to go in March hope that should be fine. Please send me message if any one want to join in March or even in Feb.

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X