Question on switching to EAD from L1A visa status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on switching to EAD from L1A visa status

Hi All - Currently am in L1A Extension and is pending with USCIS. My GC application is also under processing in parallel and recently got my EAD approval. Couple of questions to address.
    1) What will be the impact if my company switch from L1 to EAD and was told they would withdraw the L1 extension application?
    2) Also I have not applied EAD for my daughter (but the Advanced Parole approved) and her i485 Adjustment of Status (AOS) status is still in pending. Is my daughter valid to stay in the USA when I move to EAD and her i485 AOS is still in processing. Kindly advise.

Better to switch to EAD as lot of RFEs nowdays on L1 extension and leading to denials

I’m not sure about your daughter case pls check with attorney also

Comment

thank you PS2015. Sure will check on the second one.

Comment

1.- Working with EAD you no longer need L1 extension.
        2.- How old is your daughter? Having a pending I-485 allows the person to legally stay in the USA until it is approved/denied. No need to apply for EAD if the person doesn't need/want to work.

If your daughter is old enough to work part-time you can apply for EAD, it will be free with a copy of the I-485 receipt.

You having EAD approved has nothing to do with the legal part of living in the USA. I hope this is clear.
        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
        Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Thank you Enub4. This really helps/

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X