Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already in India - wants to come back on advance parole combo card

Hello,

I have received my EAD combo card in September-30- 2021. EAD card shows me that it serves as advance parole. So I travelled and I am currently in India.

I checked my status online of application I-131 advance parole and it shows that my advance parole is approved on Dec-14-2021.

Can i come back on combo card or did i make any mistake that I travel before my I-131 application approved ?

Please reply.
    Thank you.

Originally posted by urmilashah View Post
    Hello,

I have received my EAD combo card in September-30- 2021. EAD card shows me that it serves as advance parole. So I travelled and I am currently in India.

I checked my status online of application I-131 advance parole and it shows that my advance parole is approved on Dec-14-2021.

Can i come back on combo card or did i make any mistake that I travel before my I-131 application approved ?

Please reply.
    Thank you.
    Hi Member,
    If you have got approval notification on I-765 and I-131 and received combo card then you are good to travel and come back.. I think there might be some technical issues or delay update in the portal.
    If you still have concerns, you may call to USCIS to make sure.
    All the best,
    Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Please reply.
      Thank you.
      What is the start date listed on your combo card?
      | This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice |

Comment

Combo card start date is 09/30/2021 to 09/29/2022 and advance parole document validity is 12/13/2021 till 12/12/2022.

I am stuck in india. Dont know what to do.

Please reply.

khushbu.

Comment

If you have the actual card, and the card actually says that it serves as Advance Parole and that it was valid on the date you left the US, you're fine. It's the actual AP's (which in your case is the combo card) validity that matters, not the "status" online.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

The thing is I have received advance parole approval i-797 notice today at my USA address and it shows validity 12/13/2021 till 12/12/2022.

But before 2 months i have already received combo card which states that i-512 serve as advance parole and validity of card is 09/30/2021 to 09/29/2022.

I am confuse, does it mean that combo card validity is for I-765 and not for I-131 ?

Please reply and how can i travel back to usa now ?

Thank you,
            urmila

Comment

A combo card is both an EAD and an AP at the same time. The card has a single validity period, which is the validity period for both the EAD and AP. It can't have two different validity periods for the EAD and AP. You have the actual card, which means you have an actual AP in your hand that was valid on the date that you left. I have no idea why they gave you an approval notice with a validity period that is different than the period of the actual AP you have. Perhaps the approval notice is wrong, or perhaps your card is wrong (maybe they didn't mean to give you a combo card). But that is just speculation. You were eligible for an AP, applied for it, and was given an AP. You reasonably relied on that AP's validity date to leave the US, and it would be unfair to retroactively change that. Whether to parole you is always at the discretion of the officer at entry, but given that the physical card in your hand supports that you didn't abandon AOS, I think you have a strong case that you should be paroled.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I am also confused that how can they give me combo card which says i-512 serves as advance parole before approval of advance parole i-131 ?

Comment

Back of the combo card they have written " the person identified authorized to work in USA for the validity of this card "

Does it mean the validity is for ead only ?

Comment

Back of the combo card they have written " the person identified authorized to work in USA for the validity of this card "

Please check with an attorney for more clarity but like newacct mentions, if you have a card which says it can be used as I-512 advance Parole and the effective date on the card is prior to the date in which you travelled out of the country, then you should be fine. Also if at all you are stopped at port of entry, my understanding is that they will give you an opportunity to provide an explanation. Also, do you have another status like H1, H4, L1 or L2? If you do, then in the worst case, if you are sent back at the port of entry, you don't lose anything but can come back my getting your non immigrant visa stamping done.

Comment

The validity for work yes. The validity for travel is the same dates because your card says "it serves as advance parole".

When you renew the combo card (you can do it up to 180 days before expiration), they will give you a receipt that will say that with it the validity for work is extended 180 days. In this case, the AP part of the combo card is not extended. You will not be able to travel abroad until you get a valid combo card or stand-alone AP.

Most approved combo cards will say the I-765 is approved, card in production, card mailed, etc., and then the I-131 will say approved. In your case, my guess, they didn't update the system correctly, didn't report the I-131 as approved, so they issued a new stand-alone AP to approve your case.

I hope this is clear.
                      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
                      ---
                      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

The validity for work yes. The validity for travel is the same dates because your card says "it serves as advance parole".

When you renew the combo card (you can do it up to 180 days before expiration), they will give you a receipt that will say that with it the validity for work is extended 180 days. In this case, the AP part of the combo card is not extended. You will not be able to travel abroad until you get a valid combo card or stand-alone AP.

Most approved combo cards will say the I-765 is approved, card in production, card mailed, etc., and then the I-131 will say approved. In your case, my guess, they didn't update the system correctly, didn't report the I-131 as approved, so they issued a new stand-alone AP to approve your case.

I hope this is clear.
                        Hi Enub4, looks like the card that she has is a combo card. Looks like the online status for I131 has been marked as approved only now.

Comment

Hello,

I am back in USA. Thank you so much for all your support in this post. They just checked my combo card nothing else.

Comment

Hello,

I am back in USA. Thank you so much for all your support in this post. They just checked my combo card nothing else.
                            Awesome. Was there any secondary inspection at the port of entry? If I may know, what is your port of entry?

Comment

I was at JFK airport. When CBP officer saw that I have combo card, he said wait and he took me to the second inspection. One lady was there she checked something in computer and after 5 minutes she gave me my passport back. When I saw my passport, there is a stamp of "Paroled" . The lady did not ask me not even a single question. I just gave her my passport and combo card , no other documents. But that 5 minutes oh my god I was so worried.

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X