Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!! Birth Certificate Affidavit - Problems !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !! Birth Certificate Affidavit - Problems !!

Hi,

I have following questions on Birth Certificate from the Green Card standpoint.

1) Birth Certificate - Myself

Birth Certificate has wrong last name. Example : "Nitin Kumar" instead of "Nitin Jain".
    I got to know that affidavit is required for this matter. Please advise along with sample
    affidavit for it.

2) Birth Certificate - Spouse

Spouse Birth certificate has got following 2 problems :-

A) Birth Certificate does not have any name.

B) Birth certificate has mother name but she passed away in early age. In all the official
    documents such as passport , 10th marksheet etc her Step Mother name is mentioned.
    So what kind of affidavit is required here in order to make sure that USCIS understand the
    situation that why birth certificate has different mother name and passport has different
    mother name and to avoid the RFE on this matter.

I would be really thankful for your advise on all the above 3 problems.

Regards, Sonu Jain

For the step mother situation, your wife should provide her mother's death certificate and her father's marriage certificate with her step mother. Also, provide a letter explaining that in India, it is not customary for the step mother to legally adopt your wife, but when her father got married with her step mother, for all practical purposes, she is considered your wife' mother and that is why her name is listed everywhere as mother.

For all other situations you have, read https://www.immihelp.com/birth-certi...ion-and-visas/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Marriage certificate is not available. Is affidavit OK in lieu of Marriage certificate?

Regards,
      Sonu Jain

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X