Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DORA Process Details?

Hi all

I recently got married to a US citizen in India and am currently on a H1 B status. I would like to use the DORA process to file for my green card. Please tell me what documents my husband and I would need to turn in for the DORA process and how do I go about it?

THE LINK ON THE USCIS WEBSITE DESCRIBING THE PROCESS IS NOT ACTIVE ANYMORE.

Also, I would like to start working with a new employer right away using the GC status? What do I need to do? Somebody mentioned that I can file for EAD with the DORA GC process and receive it in 2-3 weeks. The new employer will wait for 2-3 weeks, but anything later I don't think so.

Thanks

First of all , you must show residency in one of the areas where DORA works
    namely Dallas, el paso or oklahoma city.
    When you go to file at one of these locations, they will ask for evidence of your residency in that area , for both of you after marriage. (rental agreement, bank accounts, utility bills etc.) without which they will not accept your application.

If you satisfy the above requirement and they accept your I-130/I-485
    they may not even issue an EAD due to the short nature of the whole DORA process. I guess, if you insist and show evidence of pending employment,
    they may relent.
    In most cases, the whole process under DORA takes about 90 days, but
    there have been several cases lingering on for 6m-one year due to background checks.

Originally posted by Soniya9
    Hi all

I recently got married to a US citizen in India and am currently on a H1 B status. I would like to use the DORA process to file for my green card. Please tell me what documents my husband and I would need to turn in for the DORA process and how do I go about it?

THE LINK ON THE USCIS WEBSITE DESCRIBING THE PROCESS IS NOT ACTIVE ANYMORE.

Also, I would like to start working with a new employer right away using the GC status? What do I need to do? Somebody mentioned that I can file for EAD with the DORA GC process and receive it in 2-3 weeks. The new employer will wait for 2-3 weeks, but anything later I don't think so.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Establishing residency would be my driver's license is that sufficient for it?and also my rental agreements for the past 3 years?

and about joint bank accounts, rental agreements, we have not done it as we just recently got married like two weeks ago in India, but have been engaged for over a year. Would phone bills with each other's number and now opened joint accounts and revised rental agreements with him added as spouse work? or do they have be accounts/agreements open/made for atleast a certain amount of time?

Also, will the offer letter from the new employer mentioning the expected start date work?

Comment

If you have actually been living in one of those areas before marriage
        (drivers license , 3 yr rental agreement) and your husband also shows intention of moving there after marriage (newly opened joint bank a/c) , it is just fine . You do not have to wait any time and can file right away.

About EAD; I guess the employment letter should work.

About applying; you need to take an infopass appointment on-line.

https://www.immihelp.com/infopass-ap...nt-with-uscis/

Comment

Originally posted by peace
          First of all , you must show residency in one of the areas where DORA works
          namely Dallas, el paso or oklahoma city.
          When you go to file at one of these locations, they will ask for evidence of your residency in that area , for both of you after marriage. (rental agreement, bank accounts, utility bills etc.) without which they will not accept your application.

If you satisfy the above requirement and they accept your I-130/I-485
          they may not even issue an EAD due to the short nature of the whole DORA process. I guess, if you insist and show evidence of pending employment,
          they may relent.
          In most cases, the whole process under DORA takes about 90 days, but
          there have been several cases lingering on for 6m-one year due to background checks.
          By residency in the area, you mean all of the counties the district covers, right? I mean I was planning on doing my AOS thru the DORA Pilot Program as well. But i live in New Mexico, close to the Texas border (Otero County). The Albuquerque District Office does not include Otero County though, The El Paso Sub Office does. I can still file for AOS in El Paso, right?

Am i aslo able to file for EAD in El Paso? Or will they only do it with pending employment?

Comment

Rose

This is the way to find out if your area is covered by DORA or not;

Go to infopass appointment page , fill in your zip code, the next page shows several options under the header
            TYPE OF APPOINTMENT.
            If you see this option;
            "You wish to file for the I-485 District Office Rapid Adjudication (D.O.R.A.)."

your zip code is covered . If you do not see this option, your zip code is not covered by DORA.

BTW, I tried zip code 88354 for otera county on infopass , and it shows it is covered by DORA.

About EAD; it is entirely at their discretion.
            Last edited by peace; 12-31-2006, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks for all the information. Please let me know if there is any other link that gives complete DORA information step by step as the link on the USCIS website isn't working.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X