No announcement yet.

All F3s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you so much Chsingh!!! Yes, lets inform each other. What is your PD?

Comment

• Originally posted by agata View Post
      Thank you so much Chsingh!!! Yes, lets inform each other. What is your PD?
      Hello Agatha,

Sorry, you haven't been given the full information you require. I will try to do so accordingly and everyone else who is new to this process can use the timelines i will be giving to estimate theirs. Please note that the timelines are my own assessment, not the NVCs. First of all, if you have not registered with the NVC by e-mail, do so immediately. You can do this by simply sending them an e-mail right now, asking for an update on your status. Make sure you include your case number, the petitioner's name and date of birth, and the beneficiary's name and date of birth. This will automatically register you for e-mail updates which is faster than regular mail. Their e-mail address is [email protected]

For your processing to begin, you should receive the Choice of Agent (COA) form through e-mail, which is used to determine whom you want to be receiving information on your behalf from the NVC. This is usually sent between 7 - 12 months of your PD becoming current, and you can designate either yourself or your petitioner, or a third party which could be a family member or a lawyer. If you have access to good internet, a computer and scanner, I suggest you nominate yourself because then you get feedback faster. If No, you may designate your petitioner but make sure you are always in contact. Forget about using a lawyer, its just a waste of money.

Now going by my analysis all of us in this forum whose PDs were in 2003 (Zikh, Kamran, Feb2003, Clearvision, Sasif, Pike, Diva, Imran0448, Puddy, Hfsitumo, Tabby, Davidisurf, Imran123, Sept04, myself, October2003 and Butter), the average time between our PDs and when we were contacted by the NVC for this COA, was 10 years and 5 months, plus or minus 2 months. In other words, you could be contacted between 10 years and 3 months to 10 years and 7 months after your PD. So for example, since your PD is Dec 2004, then all things being constant just like the 2003 PDs, you would be contacted anytime between March 2015 and July 2015. My guess is May 2015 but it could be earlier or further, depending on how fast or slow the visa bulletin moves.

From this point, everything depends on how fast or slow you move. The faster you proceed, the better. Once you have completed the form and sent it back, your petitioner will get an invoice for the affidavit of support (AOS) fee. This can be as soon as a week after, or at most 2 weeks. In some cases like mine, our petitioner had already paid this fee some years back, we don't get this. It is also imperative that this is paid quickly, to move faster. Once its paid, you the beneficiary, will receive the immigrant visa (IV) fee invoice for you and family if applicable. From what i can see in my excel log, the average time it takes to get the IV invoice from the day you have received the COA, is 1 month, that also being the earliest, while the latest was 3 months. That means in your case, using my guess of May 2015, you should receive your IV invoice by June 2015, which again could be as earlier or later depending on how PDs move in the visa bulletin.

At this point, it gets trickier. After you have paid the IV bill, you are expected to send some documents to the NVC for your case to be reviewed, approved and scheduled for interview at the Consulate. Again, this is highly dependent on you. The NVC demands both originals and photocopies of these documents to be sent and if these requirements are not strictly met, you will face delays. If you go to their website at www.state.gov, under the immigrant visas section, you will see a list of what they require. I suggest you start now to gather anyone you don't have, except the Police Certificate(s). Don't worry, you will also get checklists for every missing document until they are finally happy, at which point they will e-mail you to say your case has been completed and you should hold on for your interview letter. Now from all the 2003 PDs, the earliest time which anyone received the case complete e-mail from the day they received the IV invoice, was 3 months, with the latest being 6 months, although they advise that you give them at least 6 weeks to get back to you, after you have sent the supporting documents. This means in your case, you could have your case complete e-mail by September 2015 or by December 2015, or even as fast as just after 6 weeks of sending the documents they require.

Once this is sent to you, an interview will be scheduled by the NVC. This may be very fast or very slow, but is dependent on how the visa bulletin has moved. The interview will only be scheduled to coincide precisely with when your PD is current hence if it becomes or had become current while you were still processing, then you would have an early interview however, if the visa bulletin was slow or retrogressed, then you would have to wait a while. The final thing to note is that once an interview date is scheduled, that is the only time you can then book an appointment for your medicals. Depending on wherever you are in the world, I would suggest you schedule your medicals at least 2 weeks before your interview date. But note that your interview date will not be more 4 - 6 weeks from the date you are notified, so you have to make sure that you are prepared with things like the costs of the medicals and vaccination records, from the day you receive your case complete notice. Now the average time from which all of us whose PDs fell in 2003, received our interview letters from the day we got our case complete notice (at least those of us who have), was 2 months, with the latest being 3 months. This means that in your case, if you are fast and the visa bulletin moves just as it did for us, you could have your interview letter as early as November 2015. So get cracking and move as soon as you see that first e-mail from the NVC.

Hope this helps anyone, and remember, my own assessment and opinions only.

Cheers.
      Last edited by Bubu19/09/2003; 10-23-2014, 04:52 AM.

Comment

• Bubu 19/09/2003,thank you, thank you, thank you so much for explaining everything to me!!! It is much easier to understand the process now, because I have no idea that the procedure is so complex and so long.I knew that will take around one year more but I was hoping that after 10 years I could finally see my dear parents a little bit sonner.Lets pray it will be soon.I.Thank you again , you are greate person!

Comment

• What do you guys think about this news? Is it gonna be faster for us?

Angst over President Obama's post-election plans on immigration is growing amid revelations that the Citizen and Immigration Service (USCIS) has issued a procurement request for as many as 34 million work permits and green cards.

The solicitation, discovered by Breitbart News, says bidders must be able to produce at least 4 million cards annually over a five year contract and “surge” to provide as many as 9 million documents in the early years of the contract.

That would far exceed current levels at which both documents are issued by the federal government, prompting Republicans to speculate the Obama administration is readying a sprawling executive order that could offer legal status to millions of illegal immigrants.
          “This revelation provides startling confirmation of the crisis facing our Republic,” said Senate Budget Committee ranking member Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) “The president is preparing to issue work authorization and ‘legal’ status to millions of individuals illegally present in the country, in violation of plain statute.”

Comment

• Originally posted by RafaoNY View Post
            What do you guys think about this news? Is it gonna be faster for us?

Angst over President Obama's post-election plans on immigration is growing amid revelations that the Citizen and Immigration Service (USCIS) has issued a procurement request for as many as 34 million work permits and green cards.

The solicitation, discovered by Breitbart News, says bidders must be able to produce at least 4 million cards annually over a five year contract and “surge” to provide as many as 9 million documents in the early years of the contract.

That would far exceed current levels at which both documents are issued by the federal government, prompting Republicans to speculate the Obama administration is readying a sprawling executive order that could offer legal status to millions of illegal immigrants.
            “This revelation provides startling confirmation of the crisis facing our Republic,” said Senate Budget Committee ranking member Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) “The president is preparing to issue work authorization and ‘legal’ status to millions of individuals illegally present in the country, in violation of plain statute.”

This is quite tricky Refaony. I think this surge is owed to legalisation of nearly 11 million illegals. But, at the same time, there should be something for us also in this as business communities and Family reunification advocates are liasoning with Mr. President for reform in these categories. So, as per my calculations (stricktly my own calculations and guesses), it should atleast double up the pace for us, if not tri-fold. Rest, we will have to wait and watch what he has in store.
            Last edited by klovekesh; 10-24-2014, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bubu19/09/2003 View Post
              Hello Agatha,

Sorry, you haven't been given the full information you require. I will try to do so accordingly and everyone else who is new to this process can use the timelines i will be giving to estimate theirs. Please note that the timelines are my own assessment, not the NVCs. First of all, if you have not registered with the NVC by e-mail, do so immediately. You can do this by simply sending them an e-mail right now, asking for an update on your status. Make sure you include your case number, the petitioner's name and date of birth, and the beneficiary's name and date of birth. This will automatically register you for e-mail updates which is faster than regular mail. Their e-mail address is [email protected]

For your processing to begin, you should receive the Choice of Agent (COA) form through e-mail, which is used to determine whom you want to be receiving information on your behalf from the NVC. This is usually sent between 7 - 12 months of your PD becoming current, and you can designate either yourself or your petitioner, or a third party which could be a family member or a lawyer. If you have access to good internet, a computer and scanner, I suggest you nominate yourself because then you get feedback faster. If No, you may designate your petitioner but make sure you are always in contact. Forget about using a lawyer, its just a waste of money.

Now going by my analysis all of us in this forum whose PDs were in 2003 (Zikh, Kamran, Feb2003, Clearvision, Sasif, Pike, Diva, Imran0448, Puddy, Hfsitumo, Tabby, Davidisurf, Imran123, Sept04, myself, October2003 and Butter), the average time between our PDs and when we were contacted by the NVC for this COA, was 10 years and 5 months, plus or minus 2 months. In other words, you could be contacted between 10 years and 3 months to 10 years and 7 months after your PD. So for example, since your PD is Dec 2004, then all things being constant just like the 2003 PDs, you would be contacted anytime between March 2015 and July 2015. My guess is May 2015 but it could be earlier or further, depending on how fast or slow the visa bulletin moves.

From this point, everything depends on how fast or slow you move. The faster you proceed, the better. Once you have completed the form and sent it back, your petitioner will get an invoice for the affidavit of support (AOS) fee. This can be as soon as a week after, or at most 2 weeks. In some cases like mine, our petitioner had already paid this fee some years back, we don't get this. It is also imperative that this is paid quickly, to move faster. Once its paid, you the beneficiary, will receive the immigrant visa (IV) fee invoice for you and family if applicable. From what i can see in my excel log, the average time it takes to get the IV invoice from the day you have received the COA, is 1 month, that also being the earliest, while the latest was 3 months. That means in your case, using my guess of May 2015, you should receive your IV invoice by June 2015, which again could be as earlier or later depending on how PDs move in the visa bulletin.

At this point, it gets trickier. After you have paid the IV bill, you are expected to send some documents to the NVC for your case to be reviewed, approved and scheduled for interview at the Consulate. Again, this is highly dependent on you. The NVC demands both originals and photocopies of these documents to be sent and if these requirements are not strictly met, you will face delays. If you go to their website at www.state.gov, under the immigrant visas section, you will see a list of what they require. I suggest you start now to gather anyone you don't have, except the Police Certificate(s). Don't worry, you will also get checklists for every missing document until they are finally happy, at which point they will e-mail you to say your case has been completed and you should hold on for your interview letter. Now from all the 2003 PDs, the earliest time which anyone received the case complete e-mail from the day they received the IV invoice, was 3 months, with the latest being 6 months, although they advise that you give them at least 6 weeks to get back to you, after you have sent the supporting documents. This means in your case, you could have your case complete e-mail by September 2015 or by December 2015, or even as fast as just after 6 weeks of sending the documents they require.

Once this is sent to you, an interview will be scheduled by the NVC. This may be very fast or very slow, but is dependent on how the visa bulletin has moved. The interview will only be scheduled to coincide precisely with when your PD is current hence if it becomes or had become current while you were still processing, then you would have an early interview however, if the visa bulletin was slow or retrogressed, then you would have to wait a while. The final thing to note is that once an interview date is scheduled, that is the only time you can then book an appointment for your medicals. Depending on wherever you are in the world, I would suggest you schedule your medicals at least 2 weeks before your interview date. But note that your interview date will not be more 4 - 6 weeks from the date you are notified, so you have to make sure that you are prepared with things like the costs of the medicals and vaccination records, from the day you receive your case complete notice. Now the average time from which all of us whose PDs fell in 2003, received our interview letters from the day we got our case complete notice (at least those of us who have), was 2 months, with the latest being 3 months. This means that in your case, if you are fast and the visa bulletin moves just as it did for us, you could have your interview letter as early as November 2015. So get cracking and move as soon as you see that first e-mail from the NVC.

Hope this helps anyone, and remember, my own assessment and opinions only.

Cheers.
              WOW! I have no more questions and doubts, everything was perfectly explained. Thank You, man!
              This post, i will save and keep in my PC.

Mine PD - november 2004

Thanks, once again...

Comment

• Originally posted by zaga14 View Post
                WOW! I have no more questions and doubts, everything was perfectly explained. Thank You, man!
                This post, i will save and keep in my PC.

Mine PD - november 2004

Thanks, once again...

You are welcome guys. Glad it was detailed enough for you all to understand.

Comment

You are welcome guys. Glad it was detailed enough for you all to understand.
                  Hi Bubu You have almost been done with your medicals. I am still waiting for the Interview date. I want to know one thing that we have to take joint sponsor docs at the time of intrview. Because my father has only send the main sponsor docs. He has already submitted all the docs to nvc. If it is necessary I will tell him to send me joint sponsor docs . If you know about that please tell me.
                  Keep us updated about after your interview thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by 8dec2003 View Post
                    Hi Bubu You have almost been done with your medicals. I am still waiting for the Interview date. I want to know one thing that we have to take joint sponsor docs at the time of intrview. Because my father has only send the main sponsor docs. He has already submitted all the docs to nvc. If it is necessary I will tell him to send me joint sponsor docs . If you know about that please tell me.
                    Keep us updated about after your interview thanks

Hello 8dec2003,

We actually had our medicals yesterday in London and it was tough since we traveled from Wales and returned same day. I'm not making that mistake with the interview
                    as we will be staying in a hotel for two days.

The medicals itself was fine. Thorough examination of the ears, mouth, teeth, chest, and yes, genitals. I didn't like that part but in honesty, it was professional. We were all up to date but they said we had to take the flu jabs, which by my reckoning was expensive in the hospital (£22 per person), considering that it is just £10 with the NHS. If I had known this was a requirement, we would have had it done before our medicals and provided proof hence I advise everyone to do same. Oh, my teenage daughter had to get the Hepatitis B vaccine as well. So for all 5 of us, I ended up coughing out £1115, which can easily buy you a good car over here, just like the receptionist also observed. According to them, our blood samples and x-rays (just for me, my wife and teenage daughter) will be examined and if no trouble, the whole results should be at the embassy by Tuesday.

As regards your enquiry, except you have already gotten a case complete e-mail which i would doubt, your father must also send the joint sponsors 1-864 form and tax returns. This is absolutely necessary, except if his income alone, is enough to sponsor all of you. If its not, the NVC may not schedule and interview for you to bring the joint sponsors documents except perhaps, this is acceptable by their consulate in your country. So if you are yet to receive a case complete e-mail, I suggest you get your father to send the joint sponsors documents at once, as this could be what is delaying your processing. Also, make sure they make copies of the form itself, with all the supporting documents sent, and scan copies to you as well, as you may need them for the interview.

I will indeed update the whole house as our interview goes in two weeks time, in the mean time, expecting your prayers.

Cheers.

Comment

• Hello Bubu good to hear you that you have done with your medicals.
                      About me I have received check list that some papers are missing in my main sponsors and I have to take that papers at the time of interview. It is clearly written not to submit docs to nvc otherwise it will delay my case.
                      I got this mail on 28th September. So my father has send me the required docs of main sponsors but the docs of joint sponsor which he submitted to nvc 3 months back has not been sent to me. Thats why I want to know that joint sponsor docs are needed at the time of interview. Thank you once again for your help. My best wishes are always with you.

Comment

• need help

My parent filed my petition on March 2003 in f3 category.
                        My husband died in March 2014, after submitting his death certificate, my case transfer in F1 category.
                        My interview done on 22 Oct 2014, i got visa but they denied my 24 year old son"s visa. Now i am confused & worried about him, i can"t leave him alone & go alone.
                        Anybody who help me to sort out this matter.
                        Plzzz help me.............

Comment

• Originally posted by hasmita 1 View Post
                          My parent filed my petition on March 2003 in f3 category.
                          My husband died in March 2014, after submitting his death certificate, my case transfer in F1 category.
                          My interview done on 22 Oct 2014, i got visa but they denied my 24 year old son"s visa. Now i am confused & worried about him, i can"t leave him alone & go alone.
                          Anybody who help me to sort out this matter.
                          Plzzz help me.............
                          Hasmita 1,

I remember you. My sincere condolences for your loss in March. God will comfort you.

About your son, i recall he wasn't eligible for CSPA hence my best advice to you would be to quickly get to the US, get your green card, and apply immediately for him. Naturally, he can not get married until you naturalise as a citizen. But if he was denied for any other ineligibility, then you would have to overcome that by asking for a waiver. I can understand why you can't live your son alone, but i'm afraid if you both don't want to pass up on this chance, you will have to. Its tough but you've got to make a decision before your visa expires

8dec2003, you are lucky then. Just make sure you have both affidavits at the interview then and good luck towards getting a date.

Comment

• Hi bubu n hasmita 1,

My case is same as like hasmita. But my case will be open soon. Im already aged out Also cspa aged out now. So do you know about any procedure?? Coz im very confused same like hasmita1. My parents will get visa soon. But if im not then what i do.. Now i am 24 n if my parents will filled petition for me after they get gc. Then i guess its will take time to open around 7 to 8 years. Its too long for me.help me plss
                            I hve one more question.
                            Is it depend on consult officer that i will get visa or not ? or if im aged out , then i will never get visa.??
                            Help me if anyone know
                            Last edited by jess; 11-03-2014, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Hasmita 1,

I remember you. My sincere condolences for your loss in March. God will comfort you.

About your son, i recall he wasn't eligible for CSPA hence my best advice to you would be to quickly get to the US, get your green card, and apply immediately for him. Naturally, he can not get married until you naturalise as a citizen. But if he was denied for any other ineligibility, then you would have to overcome that by asking for a waiver. I can understand why you can't live your son alone, but i'm afraid if you both don't want to pass up on this chance, you will have to. Its tough but you've got to make a decision before your visa expires

8dec2003, you are lucky then. Just make sure you have both affidavits at the interview then and good luck towards getting a date.
                              Hi,

Thank you for your condolences. I understand the part of shifting to US and re-apply for my son. But the part where you mentioned about the waiver, when and how do I apply for that. If you could please elaborate on the same I will be sincerely grateful. Also will my son's file be a fresh petition or will it be a continuation of mine.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by hasmita 1 View Post
                                Hi,

Thank you for your condolences. I understand the part of shifting to US and re-apply for my son. But the part where you mentioned about the waiver, when and how do I apply for that. If you could please elaborate on the same I will be sincerely grateful. Also will my son's file be a fresh petition or will it be a continuation of mine.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Hasmita 1,

The waiver would only apply if your son was denied the visa on any other reason apart from CSPA. For instance, if he was denied because he had a police record in the past for offences like cannabis possession, damages, basically small offences, or health grounds, a waiver could be obtained from the Attorney General. However, if that were to be the case, the consular office would have advised you of this, and the steps to take. Consequently since you weren't advised of any waivers, then none exists for him meaning he was denied on account of CSPA. So your only option would be to enter the US and apply quickly for him, before the reform takes place because only God knows what the reform will eventually contain. Finally, your application for your son would actually be a fresh one, not a continuation.

Jess, I am afraid you have already answered your questions. From the looks of things, once you have aged out even on CSPA, you can't receive the visa along with your parents. They would have to apply for you once they are in the US and it could take a little bit, depending on the proposed reforms play out. Mind you, it may not take that long if your parents naturalise as citizens within 5 years, and you remain unmarried of course.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X