Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling All F2A's (Spouses & Children of Permanent Residents)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

i want to know the meaning of priority date and received date.
    can any1 tell .I am a GC holder and filed for my husband in march 2010.i received the receipt with received date 21 march2010.is dat the priority date or is it diffrent...plz let me know

Comment

Originally posted by sa23 View Post
      i want to know the meaning of priority date and received date.
      can any1 tell .I am a GC holder and filed for my husband in march 2010.i received the receipt with received date 21 march2010.is dat the priority date or is it diffrent...plz let me know
      On the receipt which you received there should be "Priority date". That priority date is like a date which you have in a queue. Currently everyone having priority date before 01March2009 are being processed. Received date is a bit insignificant once your petition has been approved. Priority date is the important one.

I hope this explains.

Good luck.

Comment

thnks for ur reply..

Originally posted by visjig View Post
        On the receipt which you received there should be "Priority date". That priority date is like a date which you have in a queue. Currently everyone having priority date before 01March2009 are being processed. Received date is a bit insignificant once your petition has been approved. Priority date is the important one.

I hope this explains.

Good luck.
        i have not yet received the approval notice on which priority date appears.but accd to the bulletin its 01 march 2009 nd looking at the fast pace of da process i believe my interview to be sheduled in oct 2010 or nov 2010 bt m nt getng any further info.can u plz tel me how much time they usually take for sendng the approval letter .

Comment

i have not yet received the approval notice on which priority date appears.but accd to the bulletin its 01 march 2009 nd looking at the fast pace of da process i believe my interview to be sheduled in oct 2010 or nov 2010 bt m nt getng any further info.can u plz tel me how much time they usually take for sendng the approval letter .

Ok. They took nearly 2 years to send my I-797 Notice of Action. There is no way of predicting these things. Looking at the pace of the movements, I think you'll hear something very soon.

Good luck and keep faith.

Comment

Hi there. Thanks for posting. Well Priority Date, Receipt date and Notice date for I-130 will all be different. Just keep your eye on the Visa bulletin as dates are moving very fast recently. Maybe in next couple of months it will be 2010 processing!!!!! Have a look here as well https://www.immihelp.com/family-base...on-procedures/

There is no need to send the photocopy of the visa of UK with I-130. Also no need to send any letter explaining any details about pending UK visa application.

Is your husband going to do his consular processing from the UK? or somewhere else?

[B]Most of us have updated our timelines in the trackers for I-130 and Consular processing tracker. Please have a look here http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/ and also update yours when you have one!!!!!!

Keep us posted. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Good luck.
            Thank you for responding
            Well he was thinking of having it process in the UK, but I am not sure whether he should do it there or from the country of his nationality? Should it be done at the country of his current residence? Switching from one embassy to another last minute will delay the process, correct?

Could you post your timeline please? I am nervous about how long its taking for people to move from step a to b in this whole thing.
            My dentist said she petitioned for her husband in 2001 or 2002 (don't remember the exact year) and her husband was able to come within 2 years! and she said she was not a citizen at that time either

thank you
            Also any 2007 applicants here who's spouses have already immigrated to the US? Please share your time line as well thank you

Also wanted to ask about the possibilities of retrogressing? Does anyone know whether it has happened in the past for F2A cases? I really hope it doesn't happen after August :/
            Last edited by sahsan; 07-25-2010, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Hey could you keep us informed with your situation
              You seem to be the only one here so far who recently applied other than me (in the process of sending the application out).

I really hope things don't slow down all of a sudden!

Comment

Originally posted by sahsan View Post
                Hey could you keep us informed with your situation
                You seem to be the only one here so far who recently applied other than me (in the process of sending the application out).

I really hope things don't slow down all of a sudden!
                ya sure i would keep u informed....even m worried dat thngs should not slow down....when did u apply??how far is your process completed??

Comment

Thank you for responding
                  Well he was thinking of having it process in the UK, but I am not sure whether he should do it there or from the country of his nationality? Should it be done at the country of his current residence? Switching from one embassy to another last minute will delay the process, correct?

Could you post your timeline please? I am nervous about how long its taking for people to move from step a to b in this whole thing.
                  My dentist said she petitioned for her husband in 2001 or 2002 (don't remember the exact year) and her husband was able to come within 2 years! and she said she was not a citizen at that time either

thank you
                  Also any 2007 applicants here who's spouses have already immigrated to the US? Please share your time line as well thank you

Also wanted to ask about the possibilities of retrogressing? Does anyone know whether it has happened in the past for F2A cases? I really hope it doesn't happen after August :/
                  Your husband can have his interview and other processing done in London but then is it 100% certain that your husband will be present in London when the medical & interview comes up? This is a question that you need to discuss with your husband. Also being a non-UK citizen, your husband will need Police Clearance from your home country and to get that he will have to anyways go to your home country to see that process through.

Having his consular processing done in London depends on what kind of UK visa does he hold as well - like a student visa or a work visa and the expiry & likely extension of that visa as well. Having consular processing post in your home country has advantages like you can go to your home country whenever the processing comes up compared to have your processing done in a foreign country where you can encounter problems like gaining entry if your current visa is not extended. In this situation changing the consular post at the last moment could further delay your file.

To post my timeline here is a bit difficult for me that is why my timeline is in the consular tracker. But let me say that I put my I-130 in July 2008 and in March 2010 it was approved with I-797. My timeline will be totally irrelevant to determine your process as things have moved very fast this year.

I would suggest that you ASAP decide your consular processing post and send your I-130 quickly without any delay.

Good luck

Comment

ya sure i would keep u informed....even m worried dat thngs should not slow down....when did u apply??how far is your process completed??
                    I have not sent in my application yet due to documents delay from my husband . I am also confused about where to have his consular processing done from. Ugh life.

I am 3 years away from becoming a citizen so thats not an option either. Sigh.

Lets keep hoping things don't slow down. Hopefully we'll see some quick results from the other people here.

Comment

thanks for responding Visjig

Does the country of consular processing have a significant affect on the entire processing time? That is the only concern for me, that if we have the consular processing done at his home country then it might take longer. Or am I mistaken?
                      Btw what did you mean by a log-in fail in one of your previous posts?

Comment

thanks for responding Visjig

Does the country of consular processing have a significant affect on the entire processing time? That is the only concern for me, that if we have the consular processing done at his home country then it might take longer. Or am I mistaken?
                        Btw what did you mean by a log-in fail in one of your previous posts?
                        Consular processing makes no difference on the entire processing time. Only mexico and dom republic are a bit behind then the rest of the world according to the Visa bulletin. See here http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/visa-bulletin.jsp

What is your home country may I ask? and what status is your husband in the U.S.A. I still personally feel that home country would be the best course of action.

You are far from the stage were the "login" fail process comes to you. I'll let you know when you are near.

Good luck.
                        Last edited by visjig; 07-25-2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Consular processing makes no difference on the entire processing time. Only mexico and dom republic are a bit behind then the rest of the world according to the Visa bulletin. See here http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/visa-bulletin.jsp

What is your home country may I ask? and what status is your husband in the U.S.A. I still personally feel that home country would be the best course of action.

You are far from the stage were the "login" fail process comes to you. I'll let you know when you are near.

Good luck.
                          i believe you mixed me up as the one being petitioned. I am petitioning for my husband who lives in the Uk and his nationality is pakistani.
                          I am going to ask my representative about this because she hasn't mentioned anything about where my husband should have the consular processing done.
                          thanks though!
                          Oh and I see that the visa bulletin for August has moved PD to March 2009 wow! Keeping my hopes up here.

Comment

i believe you mixed me up as the one being petitioned. I am petitioning for my husband who lives in the Uk and his nationality is pakistani.
                            I am going to ask my representative about this because she hasn't mentioned anything about where my husband should have the consular processing done.
                            thanks though!
                            Oh and I see that the visa bulletin for August has moved PD to March 2009 wow! Keeping my hopes up here.
                            No I'm not confused about your situation. I know that you are the petitioner and will file for your husband. When I asked "what is your home country", I meant what is the home country of your husband.

So you have got a "representative" working on your case!!! Does that mean you're availing the services of a attorney? Be careful.

Good luck

Comment

No I'm not confused about your situation. I know that you are the petitioner and will file for your husband. When I asked "what is your home country", I meant what is the home country of your husband.

So you have got a "representative" working on your case!!! Does that mean you're availing the services of a attorney? Be careful.

Good luck
                              Oh ok. Sorry about that.

Thank you for the warning. Well I know the attorney since she was my family's representative in the past . So I am not worried about that, although I understand that people have had bad experiences with attorneys.
                              Anyways thank you and hope to keep hearing from you on your update .

Comment

next VB is out

da next VB shows 1JAN 2010...i filed in march 2010 bt still did not get my priority date...process is going really fast nd i have really no clue wats gonna happen next

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X