Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-130 U.S. citizen petition for spouse filed in January 2020

Hello,

We filed our i-130 and received a filing date for January to be processed at the Texas Service Center. My husband is a U.S. citizen and I'm Australian. I live in Australia. Is there anyone else in a similar situation to us? please feel free to message me.We are wondering how long the processing times are as the USCIS website says 7-10.5 months but on the forums it looks like it is taking around 1.5-2 years. Our attorney says it will take 1.5-2 years.

Hi, I have a similar situation and was wondering the same thing. We filed our I-130 with a filing date in February 2020, being processed at the California Service Center (CSC).
    I also noticed that the USCIS website for processing time at the CSC is estimated to take 8 -10.5 months. It also states somewhere "The first number is the time it takes to complete 50% of cases (the median). The second number is the time it takes to complete 93% of cases." This would mean that there is a good chance processing will be under 8 months. At the same time other sources do indeed mention it is likely to take a year or more. I wonder if these other sources are just being very cautious (nobody wants to give false hope) or whether they are based on timelines from a few years ago when the process may have been slower?

Comment

I spoke to two immigration attorneys and they both said 18+months and that's without the virus but I hope they're wrong. I applied for a marriage based green card by a U.S. citizen. What type are you applying for? I don't think CSC processes marriage based so I'm assuming it's a different type? In which case we may have different processing times. I guess we are stuck here for the time being. I'll let you know if any part of my process moves forward.

Comment

I'm with the same situation and from the Nebraska Service that says form 12.5 to 18 months, do you think is convenient to apply for the K3 visa? due to Corona Virus I'm not sure if the are working on online cases, So I don't know if sending more documents will just go into a giant pile that none looks at.

Comment

I just received an email from the National Visa Center that my petition was approved and requesting me to pay the fees and submit a D-260, support documents and final evidence to then book in an appointment.

Sorry Princess2020, I don't know what a K3 visa is I applied for a marriage based green card.

Comment

You already got approved? You aplied in January 2020? or 2019? Can you share your timeline? Thank you so much

Comment

I also applied for a marriage based green card, form I-130 but got the Nebraska Center and is much slower than Texas, still your approval gives us some hope.

Comment

Can we get your timeline please
                3/21/18 - file (I-765, I-485, I-130) received by NBC
                4/2/18 - Received 3 receipts for 3 cases
                4/2/18 - Received biometrics appointment
                4/27/18 - biometrics complete
                7/6/18 - I-485 Ready to be scheduled for interview
                8/10/18 - EAD in Production
                8/13/18 - "We approved your case" I765
                8/16/18 - We mailed your card to you

Field office NYC

Comment

We have a filing date of April 2020. Our agent (*********) told us that under the current administration it takes up to 18 months, and Covid delay is 5-8 months. So in the worst case scenario it would take up to 26 months.

Comment

Texas Center processing time is 5-7 months. So I guess shes within their processing time. Very lucky to have your application processed in Texas. I live in Texas and mine is processed in Nebraska which going to take 12.5 - 16 months. Doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess2020 View Post
                      You already got approved? You aplied in January 2020? or 2019? Can you share your timeline? Thank you so much
                      Wow! January 2020? And approved in may 2020 even with Covid19??? Is that really the case, then that gives us hope. I applied in February 2020 for my spouse

Comment

My husband is Australian as well. We are applying from Thailand.

Applied i-130: March 15 2019 - Nebraska
                        Transferred: to Vermont February 25 2020
                        Approved: March 7 2020

NVC received the case: April 17 2020 (We originally applied for the interview to be in Australia, this was ignored and sent to US Embassy in Bangkok)
                        NVC Documents and DS-260 uploaded and submitted: May 12 2020 (Long delays with getting Thai police clearance)
                        NVC Approved and application is Documentarily Qualified: May 23 2020

Now we are sitting in the line waiting for them to start interviewing again, with no updates or end in sight. Has anyone had any information with green card final interviews?

Comment

My i-130 was approved but not my green card. I then had to upload my D-260 form and supporting documentation such as tax returns of my husband and police checks etc. It took a long time as the website that you have to upload it to keeps going down.

Once that is approved they will send me an appointment for interview and then I will have to wait for that to be approved. Because i'm in Australia, I"ll have my interview in Australia at the U.S. embassy in Sydney. Not sure how that will impact my timeline. Seems like the process is very different for people applying living in the US versus people living outside the U.S. Also some people on here have spouses on green cards versus spouses that are U.S. citizens which is a different process again.

Comment

Filed i130 application feb 2020- Texas
                            Married to a US citizen. Hoping to get an approval soon

can you give us the timeline of your application?
                            exactly when you filed? When you got approved? When did NVC received your case to start the other part of the process?
                            please advise.

Comment

Hey all, thought I'd share my experience so far as well. I'm an American living in Chicago with a wife living in Brazil. We filed our I-130 for her in February and received an email that our case was created at the National Visa Center in early June when the immigration offices opened back up. The I-797 form I received in the mail says the Potomac Service Center is handling our case, and the USCIS website says their processing times are 7-9 months. My question is - What exactly are these processing times for? Is it the time the service center takes to review the case and schedule a visa interivew appointment?

It took us about two weeks to get our documents in order and fill out the DS-260 along with paying the fees. I've tried calling the NVC twice to talk to a human being about this and just sat on hold for 40 minutes each time. Super frustrating. I read an article from NPR this morning that says visa interviews have yet to resume and the whole process could wind up taking years, but I'm sort of questioning the validity of the article. Does anyone have any input? Has anyone heard of visa interviews taking place since immigration offices opened back up.

I'll keep checking this forum to see what you guys have to say, and I'll provide any updates with my case as well. Good luck to you all!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X