I-140 approved email work for porting I-140 or FIOA required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 approved email work for porting I-140 or FIOA required

Hi, I have my labor cleared and I-140 cleared recently under premium processing. My employer refused to give me a soft copy of I-140. saying management do not give as employee change their jobs after getting I-140.

I am under my I-797 extension so waiting to clear that and then look for a job change. I want to to keep my green card priority date same so I require to have a copy of I-140 document.

I have a email from Texas Service Center which says my I-140 is approved and it has my receipt number SRC YYYY X and priority date mentioned in it which is forwarded by my HR. Similarly also have forward email when my labor was approved with A YYYY no mentioned in the email.

So my question is is the above email sufficient for porting of I-140 or do I need to file a FOIA to get an approved I140 document.

I am looking at legal options, please anyone can help me , guide me ?

Thanks In Advance friends!

Any Senior member can you please give your insight.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, I am also looking for job change but I have approved 140 receipt # only but no documents.

did you get any answer for your post?

Comment

It is always good to file FOIA Request so that you will have all your documents.

Originally posted by tabho View Post
        Hi, I have my labor cleared and I-140 cleared recently under premium processing. My employer refused to give me a soft copy of I-140. saying management do not give as employee change their jobs after getting I-140.

I am under my I-797 extension so waiting to clear that and then look for a job change. I want to to keep my green card priority date same so I require to have a copy of I-140 document.

I have a email from Texas Service Center which says my I-140 is approved and it has my receipt number SRC YYYY X and priority date mentioned in it which is forwarded by my HR. Similarly also have forward email when my labor was approved with A YYYY no mentioned in the email.

So my question is is the above email sufficient for porting of I-140 or do I need to file a FOIA to get an approved I140 document.

I am looking at legal options, please anyone can help me , guide me ?

Thanks In Advance friends!

Comment

I140 Approval Copy from FOIA

I filed request for I140 under FOIA and i just got letter stating the my I140 petition was approved; with approved date and stamp. But I never got actual copy of I140 approval(797). Did anyone get actual copy via FOIA process?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X