I-140 Processing Times change and should I do a case enquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 Processing Times change and should I do a case enquiry

Hello all! I've been following processing times for the I-140 (like a hawk because my job is unstable), since I filed for EB2-NIW (RoW) in July 2019. I had received EAD/AP and done biometrics. The processing times for I-140 on the uscis website just kept getting longer and longer. But that changed for the better - processing time for my category (in Texas center) changed suddenly from 11 - 14 months, to 4 - 6 months today. I am now in the window to file a case enquiry. To all lawyers and experienced out there - should I file a case enquiry? WIll that help get this moving quicker, or could it open me up to any problems? Am pretty desperate to see a resolution soon.

I think if you can submit a service request according to https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ you should not have a problem. Some say that they received an RFE after submitting a request but there is no way to know if they were going to send one anyway just weeks later. Good luck.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Hi Cowboy370,

I am also experiencing the same situation. I filed my I-140 Aug 2019. According to the USCIS site, they are currently processing cases received in Oct 2019. Did you file a SR? Any updates on the issue?

Comment

Hello ShanG and cowboy370

I am in the same boat. I applied for i-140 concurrently on 07/31/2019. My priority date has changed all of sudden. It shows October 2019. My lawyer says that just wait and not to file a service request. I have no updates on application On uscis website yet.

Comment

Hello All,
          I am also facing the same situation. My priority date was July 2019 @ Texas Service Center, currently it shows Oct 2019. My lawyer advised me to wait and watch, Not file any SR. I have also no update till date.

Comment

Hey Punishka_17 and C R,

My lawyer advised me to submit a SR. Apparently, he submitted one for me. However, no updates yet.

Lets hope for some communication soon

Comment

Wanted to check if you guys received approval by now? I’m Jan 2020 case and stuck with Texas center with no luck so far !! Pls advise

Comment

Did you submit a service request and receive a reply?

Comment

Not yet !!

Comment

Today my application has been approved.

PD- 29 Jan 2020
                    Approval - 14 Dec 2020

it took almost 10.5 months !!

Comment

Hi all - sorry I didn't provide an update. My I-140 was approved in early July 2020. So it took 12 months. I ended up doing a service enquiry in May, and I think it did help. I would highly recommend you do it if your case falls outside of the normal processing times (and I know the range is so wide).

Now I'm waiting for the I-485 (AOS) - the delay continues....

Comment

Hi cowboy, can you give us an update? My I-140 was approved early April 2021 and now I’m waiting for an interview appointment to get my green card. Have you received a letter with an interview date yet? If so, how long did it take or how long have you been waiting?

Comment

Hi, Was the SR for I-140 raised by attorney or by self?

Comment

Hi,
                            Service request can be done either beneficiary or applicant or representatives? For I-140 petition enquiry, better Employer or Attorney raise the service request. Even beneficiary raises SR, it will not impact. But, they may have more information than us.
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rkk09 View Post
                              Hi,
                              Service request can be done either beneficiary or applicant or representatives? For I-140 petition enquiry, better Employer or Attorney raise the service request. Even beneficiary raises SR, it will not impact. But, they may have more information than us.
                              Thanks
                              Thank you. I was able to raise a SR myself but then in some forums, I read that SR for I-140 it has to be raised by employer or attorney and not by petitioner.
                              There was no option to clarify that when we were raising an SR ourselves. It just got me worried of any adverse impact.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X