No announcement yet.

AOS fee paid & form sent/received.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your sponsorship documents, original signature version of the I-864, and its supporting documents, should be submitted along with copies of civil documents, to the NVC by mail or courier, UNLESS YOUR DAD'S COUNTRY IS ONE DESIGNATED AS ALLOWING EMAIL SUBMITTAL OF DOCUMENTS TO THE NVC. Your document submittal to the NVC should be prefaced with the cover page listing contents and the Welcome Letter.

It would have been more reasonable to name yourself, in the U.S., as agent so that all NVC correspondence comes directly to you, rather than going abroad.

--Ray B

Originally posted by maverickfhs View Post
    Ray, I am kind of lurking around the forum, but now have a need to specifically ask a question.

So I am sponsoring my dad, AOS fee has been paid. I have filled out I864EZ, does have previous year Tax transcripts, W2, employment letter etc...

Question, should I submit all these documents(I864EZ, Tax Transcripts, W2 etc...) to NVC directly or my dad will submit them along with "Document Cover Sheet" and other pertinent docs? If it help, I have already declared him as the agent.

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.

Comment

Thanks for your response. So can I change the agent to myself now or will it cause confusion/delay/problem?

What about IV application? It'll be active after I have submitted all of these documents to NVC, correct or no? As I am still confused about Step 3(Submit Visa Application Form), when that will be done?

Regarding about Police Certificates and other documents my dad will send me scanned copies and I'll print and send them to NVC, are copies acceptable?

Comment

Please see my responses in CAPS below:

Thanks for your response. So can I change the agent to myself now or will it cause confusion/delay/problem?

YES, YOU CAN CHANGE THE AGENT, SO THAT THE NVC CORRESPONDENCE DOESN'T HAVE TO LEAVE THE U.S.

What about IV application? It'll be active after I have submitted all of these documents to NVC, correct or no? As I am still confused about Step 3(Submit Visa Application Form), when that will be done?

AFTER THE $325 FEE HAS BEEN PAID THE IV APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE TO BE FILLED OUT ONLINE. THAT IS THE VISA APPLICATION FORM, DS-260

Regarding about Police Certificates and other documents my dad will send me scanned copies and I'll print and send them to NVC, are copies acceptable?

IT DEPENDS ON THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOUR DAD IS BEING PROCESSED.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
          Please see my responses in CAPS below:
          Thanks Ray. My dad is in Pakistan and how can I change the agent, by going to state department online portal?

I am going to go ahead and prepare everything to make sure there is no delay.

BTW, can I send copy of welcome letter and document checklist to NVC?

Thank you.

Comment

Yes, change agent at the NVC page where you paid the fees.

Include the document checklist cover page and the Welcome Letter when you submit the package.

--Ray B

Thanks Ray. My dad is in Pakistan and how can I change the agent, by going to state department online portal?

I am going to go ahead and prepare everything to make sure there is no delay.

BTW, can I send copy of welcome letter and document checklist to NVC?

Thank you.

Comment

Yes, change agent at the NVC page where you paid the fees.

Include the document checklist cover page and the Welcome Letter when you submit the package.

--Ray B

Got it, thanks a ton man. I am sure, will be consulting you soon

Comment

For Police records, DOS website states:

Not available. Pakistan has no nationwide tracking system in place for criminal activities. Police Character Certificates are available for a fee from District Coordinating Offices. However, they are not an accurate reflection of an individual's criminal record. An applicant who has committed a crime in one district may be able to obtain a clean Character Certificate from that district or another. Given the inaccuracy of these certificates, they are not required for consular processing.

Now, does this mean that I don't need to have police certificate in order to progress for the application?

Comment

Br

Hi everyboudy,

I have paid the aos fee and choose an agent, and i can not pay the IV fee, does anyboudy know what is the next step? do i have to send to nvc any doc by mail or anything else?

Comment

How long ago did you pay AOS fee? Please make sure to send all papers in mail or electronically if your petition letter has 'letters' for email. Do it once you have submitted AOS fee, even to make it simple just submit all required paper work in one go or you can split in two, some with AOS and some with IV application, up to you.

At the moment, there is an issue going on and taking longer for IV application fee to show up, if it's over 2 months since you have paid AOS fee, then you should contact NVC and they will put your name on the list and then you shall be able to pay the fee and submit IV application.

Keep us posted.

Comment

AOS Form

Respected sir ray
                      My mom is LPR.she filed petition for me in 2010.i am obove 21 years so in F2b cetagory.in my case details my AOS and IV fees are paid.now nvc has demamanded me to submit Ds-260 form and AOS form.but i am confused that is their fees are paid now why ther are asking me to submitt these forms.you kindly guid me what to do next
                      Thanks

Comment

If your Priority Date is in 2010 and your visa class is F2B, the State Department Visa Bulletin doesn't show you as eligible for visa processing yet. 2008 is the most recent available year.

But if you have already paid the two NVC fees, completnig the DS-260 and submitting sponsorship and civil documents are part of the NVC process.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Honeyk View Post
                        Respected sir ray
                        My mom is LPR.she filed petition for me in 2010.i am obove 21 years so in F2b cetagory.in my case details my AOS and IV fees are paid.now nvc has demamanded me to submit Ds-260 form and AOS form.but i am confused that is their fees are paid now why ther are asking me to submitt these forms.you kindly guid me what to do next
                        Thanks

Comment

If your Priority Date is in 2010 and your visa class is F2B, the State Department Visa Bulletin doesn't show you as eligible for visa processing yet. 2008 is the most recent available year.

But if you have already paid the two NVC fees, completnig the DS-260 and submitting sponsorship and civil documents are part of the NVC process.

--Ray B
                          Thanks rayb.sir now should i submit AOS form.and i have submitted DS-260 since may 2015.but have'nt received any response from NVC yet.how much time it takes to process DS-260.another question is that my mom is not in US for a long time. Can this effect on my case? Plz guide me sir

Comment

Thanks sir rayb.sir should i now submit AOS form. And i have submitted DS-260 since may 2015 but NVC has not responded yet. Plz tell how much time nvc takes to process DS260.another thing i want to ask is that my mom is not in US for a long time can this thing effect my immegration case

Comment

Sir my mom actually filed petion for me in 2008. I was in f2a category then. All my civil documents and fees were paid but my catagory changed to f2b then.now in febraury 2015 i got an email which says me to submitt ds260 and AOS form.

Comment

Sir this is the mail i received from nvc

We are waiting for the petitioner to submit the Affidavit of Support form. The petitioner must complete and submit this form regardless of his or her income level. You can download the form and instructions at this website:

We are waiting for the Immigrant Visa Application to be submitted for this case. The Principal Applicant and each derivative applicant that will accompany him/her to the United States must now complete and submit Form DS-260. Please visit ceac.state.gov for instructions on how to and submit the Immigrant Visa Application.
                                IMPORTANT:
                                Do not let more than one year pass withouti contacting the NVC concerning this visa petition. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with the NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X